• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I know we’ve answered this a couple times. The ones I know for sure are the liberty square guest services and tortuga tavern. But it sounds like reports from the last one said cms were really confused about giving out wristbands.

We got ours at stitch. They had a group of people scanning bands and handing our wristbands there.

(I haven’t read the other pages, so apologies if this has been mentioned). I feel like the lack of event merchandise is really too bad. They are missing out- the image that’s on the lanyard cards would be so cute on a T-shirt. Has anyone “in the know” heard any rumors about merch starting in 2019?

Wristband, no lanyard.

And I’m sorry, but I’m not sure exactly where at Tortuga. The right side, I think. There was a cast member holding a sign.
Were you given a lanyard as you left the park, or have they done away with the lanyards and moved exclusively to wristbands?

(I haven’t read the other pages, so apologies if this has been mentioned). I feel like the lack of event merchandise is really too bad. They are missing out- the image that’s on the lanyard cards would be so cute on a T-shirt. Has anyone “in the know” heard any rumors about merch starting in 2019?
I haven’t read/heard anything about merch coming out for the event. I wish they would add some more special things to the event. They did lots of special things at the Disney after dark at DL

We got back to the Poly on the ferry boat to the TTC. We exited MK about five after and were back in our room by 1:30.

We're also staying at the Poly when we do our DAH on 2/7. The monorail doesn't run after DAH, right? the ferry boat to the TTC is the only option?

Husband and I booked DAH tickets for MK on Jan. 28th. We did it this past summer and had a fantastic time. Hopefully it won't be too chilly. Our last time happened to be on a night they were doing some blogger event so I think it may have been a little more crowded than usual, still wasn't bad at all but some of the snack lines were a touch long. We passed a cluster of people doing the in/out square squealing thing and I just kind of shook my head, laughed and asked my husband why people would pay money to have ride access and then spend their time doing that. A couple of weeks later we were watching Tim Tracker videos and saw ourselves walking right past them at that exact moment, they were the sillies "wasting time" (comped tickets I guess?).

Husband and I booked DAH tickets for MK on Jan. 28th. We did it this past summer and had a fantastic time. Hopefully it won't be too chilly. Our last time happened to be on a night they were doing some blogger event so I think it may have been a little more crowded than usual, still wasn't bad at all but some of the snack lines were a touch long. We passed a cluster of people doing the in/out square squealing thing and I just kind of shook my head, laughed and asked my husband why people would pay money to have ride access and then spend their time doing that. A couple of weeks later we were watching Tim Tracker videos and saw ourselves walking right past them at that exact moment, they were the sillies "wasting time" (comped tickets I guess?).

Yes, they were comped. Tim is in the parks often, so he wasn't trying to run from ride to ride. For me one of the reasons I booked it for HS is because of the atmosphere. I want to do things like that instead of just riding stuff over and over. Lots of experiences get missed when the parks are crowded.

Yes, they were comped. Tim is in the parks often, so he wasn't trying to run from ride to ride. For me one of the reasons I booked it for HS is because of the atmosphere. I want to do things like that instead of just riding stuff over and over. Lots of experiences get missed when the parks are crowded.

Hah, yeah I can imagine they don't feel a need to run from ride to ride. Kind of feel like it's the opposite for us. We use these special events to knock out as much riding as we can so that at normal times we can experience the parks at a more relaxed pace rather than fighting crowds to get to rides faster.

What's the "in/out square squealing thing"?

We're also staying at the Poly when we do our DAH on 2/7. The monorail doesn't run after DAH, right? the ferry boat to the TTC is the only option?
Your only option is a bus or ferry to the TTC.

We were staying in the Hawaii long house and it was less than five minutes tho to wthere from the TTC ferry dock.

Mike

Where CMs make a square out of tape on the ground and then gather around it then when someone steps in it they hoot and holler and make a big hoop-ti-do-rah. Sometimes accompanied by a Country Bears character.

ETA: https://www.flickr.com/photos/danuv/46191483481 Video I took of it.

We witnessed something similar at DAH earlier this year, except it was custodial CMs and they made a Mickey head with towels. They were just standing there quiet as anything... until you stepped in the Mickey head. It was a total riot. Small and kind of corny, but so fun. And so fitting with the park.

IMG_5183.jpeg

Just wanted to drop by to say we LOVED the event on 12/3! It had been raining so we didn’t get to the park until about 8:45pm. Watched HEA then hid from the exiting crowds for a bit. We had planned to do COP and Peoplemover while waiting for park close, but COP was already closed and Peoplemover was down.

As others have said, it was a bummer Mine Train, Space, and Peoplemover were down most of the night, but it was still a great time. We managed to do IASW, Hainted Mansion, Thunder, Pirates, Peter Pan x2, Pooh, Under the Sea, Buzz, Dumbo, Mine Train x2, Carousel, and three stops for ice cream/popcorn. Everything was walk on except for Mine Train — we saw it open and got on the third train, then went shortly before close and it was about a 15 minute wait. Not a problem — gave me a chance to eat another ice cream while we waited.

This was SO MUCH BETTER than the MVMCP we attended the night before. I’d definitely do this a million times over.

This was SO MUCH BETTER than the MVMCP we attended the night before. I’d definitely do this a million times over.

I did a DAH and MNSSHP back to back earlier this year. I don't usually like to be negative and MNSSHP is still one of my favorite things to do, but it sort of ruins MNSSHP/MVMCP, doesn't it? The guest count contrast is just so shocking/apparent. :goodvibes

How early are you allowed in the park for the After dark parties?

From what I've read here, reports vary. Seems like the last couple of events, it was 1 hour before, but other events have been earlier. So, 7 pm for an 8 pm party, even though prior parties had reports of people being let in at 6 pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter