**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

It was freezing but so much fun!
Dh and I attended tonight. We started in tomorrow land a little early during the fireworks but this is what we accomplished from 9:10-12:55

People mover- where we could see some of the fireworks

Space mountain

Space ranger spin with a FP

Astro orbiter- our after hours officially started while we were in line for this.

Met Ariel

Voyage of the little mermaid

Seven dwarfs

Winnie the Pooh ride

Met rapunzel & tiana

Peter pan

Lantern shot

Thunder mountain

Pirates

Waited in line for two photopass in front of the castle then snapped a few shots of our own.

Seven dwarfs

Space mountain

We also stopped for snacks, drinks or to use the bathroom quite a few times!
Really easy to get back to the resort.
I would not hesitate to do this one again. It was even better then The Early morning magic we did this morning.

Dh and I attended tonight. We started in tomorrow land a little early during the fireworks but this is what we accomplished from 9:10-12:55

Space mountain

Astro orbiter- our after hours officially started while we were in line for this.

Met Ariel

Seven dwarfs

Winnie the Pooh ride

Met rapunzel & tiana

Peter pan

Lantern shot

Thunder mountain

Pirates

Waited in line for two photopass in front of the castle then snapped a few shots of our own.

Seven dwarfs

Space mountain

I would not hesitate to do this one again. It was even better then The Early morning magic we did this morning.
you did EMM and DAH in the same day?

:worship:

Space mountain

Met Ariel

Seven dwarfs

Winnie the Pooh ride

Met rapunzel & tiana

Peter pan

Lantern shot

Thunder mountain

Pirates

Seven dwarfs

Space mountain

It’s good to hear you didn’t crash. We are planning to do EMM at TSL on 1/28 and do the rest of the park by 3:30. Then head to DS for dinner. My DD10 and I are leaving the DS4 & DD4 with DW to take the boat back to POR and we are headed to DAH MK for a little late night fun.

Luckily for us it’s an early DAH from 8-11. But I still think our late start the next day will be well timed.

We had a great time even though it was pretty chilly last night! The crowds were great, the lowest of the 3 I’ve been to so far. We did BTM x2, HM, PP, 7dmt x7, Buzz x1, Space x8 plus snacks and a bunch of pics. I’ll write a more detailed review when we get home but this was so much fun!!!

I keep track of event temps in the charts on the first few posts. Looks like tonight’s event start temp will be the coldest DAH record by a couple of degrees. 47 degree projected 10pm temp per Dark Sky.

Layer up everyone!

I’m from New England so 40’s isn’t anything new. I recorded 43 on my Apple Watch -not sure what the actually temp was, but either way it was cold especially with the wind chill. I did just about everything except attractions that I had no interest in, and could have done more if it was warmer. All in all, for the money this event is a no-brainer.

Did this event last night and it was amazing. It was so nice to be able to take time and just walk leisurely and not have to fight your way through a crowd. We finished the night on Splash in a freezing 42 degrees. It was a great event and I would do it again in a minute.

Did this event last night and it was amazing. It was so nice to be able to take time and just walk leisurely and not have to fight your way through a crowd. We finished the night on Splash in a freezing 42 degrees. It was a great event and I would do it again in a minute.

I give you credit because not too many were riding. Did you use ponchos? I normally would never, but had I brought mine I probably would have on this particular night. Although it was a real low wait most of the day....

I assume there is no way in the world they would add more dates for around the holidays. Kinda wanted to check out the park during christmas time next week

Still on the fence about this. Went solo last year Feb 15, DH and I will be in the area Feb 21 this year. It's close to Pres Day weekend so I expect will be more crowded. Maybe I should go back and find my posts from last years thread.

Still on the fence about this. Went solo last year Feb 15, DH and I will be in the area Feb 21 this year. It's close to Pres Day weekend so I expect will be more crowded. Maybe I should go back and find my posts from last years thread.
Did you enjoy yourself last year?

Did you enjoy yourself last year?

Yes I did. I also had an AP and got a discount on my ticket. No AP this year, it would be 2 full price tickets for us. We were just there a few weeks ago so Feb would be a more relaxed trip, plus we are staying offsite so no hard to get FP's, which are reasons to do DAH. I did go back and reread last years thread, I got a lot done so maybe I will spring for tickets. There are no after hours for Ak or HS while we are there.

Last edited:
I give you credit because not too many were riding. Did you use ponchos? I normally would never, but had I brought mine I probably would have on this particular night. Although it was a real low wait most of the day....
We didn’t use ponchos. We planned it as our last ride and then we were going to leave and we luckily didn’t end up getting very wet.

you must be much younger than I am, lol.

We are doing AK in the morning and then rest at the resort then 8-11pm DAH. But I also have a 10 year old.

I’m in my late 20’s and it definitely kicked my butt. I was exhausted today. It was a lot of fun but next time I would schedule them on different days lol

It’s good to hear you didn’t crash. We are planning to do EMM at TSL on 1/28 and do the rest of the park by 3:30. Then head to DS for dinner. My DD10 and I are leaving the DS4 & DD4 with DW to take the boat back to POR and we are headed to DAH MK for a little late night fun.

Luckily for us it’s an early DAH from 8-11. But I still think our late start the next day will be well timed.

Yes we did make it pretty much the whole day. We took a couple hour break at our resort right before our DAH because it was so late. But I’m sure you’ll be okay with the 8-11 time!

I want to buy DAH for mid-January. Tempted to wait until weather forecast comes out (not worried about cold, we are from the northeast, but rain would be bad for DS in his WC. I just do not think mid-January will sell out early. Thankfully we are DVC and get that nice discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter