Disney+ and Satan

Maybe I don't think voicing my opinion about the direction of an American icon is a waste of time. I know a lot of people love echo chambers and wish for dissenting opinion to just go away, but that's not the way the world works.
Why are you wasting your time with it all then? Go out and do some good with your time as in charity work or something instead of complaining about what is at the end of the day, a business where you feel it’s lost its way. You aren’t going to get anywhere with or. Things change and you don’t have any control over it. Do something more constructive if you don’t enjoy Disney anymore. Unless you are loving the attention of course, which I am suspecting.

They are more and more becoming the norm in some circles just to project some religious, political and personal views on to others who may not agree with them and somehow they are in the side of right and who ever disagrees with them is somehow evil be it a person, school board or corporation.
Sadly it has ALWAYS been the norm throughout history and throughout most every nation globally. Unchecked, it goes from banning art, music and books to its natural extreme - murdering millions and millions of people deemed "not worthy" because of their race, religion, non-religion or politics, by those with the greatest power through their majority race, religion, politics or personal views. This is really nothing new.

It's just that once in a while, we as a people DO come together in some progressive societies during brief, bright moments of time...but inevitably, it regresses back.

Why are you wasting your time with it all then? Go out and do some good with your time as in charity work or something instead of complaining about what is at the end of the day, a business where you feel it’s lost its way. You aren’t going to get anywhere with or. Things change and you don’t have any control over it. Do something more constructive if you don’t enjoy Disney anymore. Unless you are loving the attention of course, which I am suspecting.

Like I said, I'm not wasting my time. My opinion is just as valid and valuable as yours, and I plan to give it, whether you like it or not. So, thank you for the concern, but you worry about you.

It's bad enough that the OP's attitude is to want to punish Disney because they produced some entertainment content that the OP does not agree with. Unfortunately these attitudes are not just directed at Disney. They are more and more becoming the norm in some circles just to project some religious, political and personal views on to others who may not agree with them and somehow they are in the side of right and who ever disagrees with them is somehow evil be it a person, school board or corporation.

I am so over book banning. I am so over being told what to watch or read. I am so over being told that merchandise sold in a store is evil or they don't like the actor in a commercial and therefore are going to boycott the business. I am so over punishing corporations and others that they don't agree with so they can score political points by trampling on the rights of others to make their own choices to read, watch, live or buy products that they deem to be appropriate. I thought we lived in a country where everyone had the choice to live their own life and make their own choices as long as they did not interfere or project their views onto others who think differently. At one time it was believed at least by some that diversity made us all stronger. Apparently not anymore.

As another poster said, rant over.
I agree that things shouldn't be banned or boycotted to fit a personal agenda. No one seems to remember, but boycotts of Chik FilA and Hobby Lobby were happening a few years ago for the opposite reason as what's happening now. And things like removing Confederate statues are no different, but somehow people on the other side justify those bans with "better" reasons that, of course, fit their own personal agendas.

It's bad enough that the OP's attitude is to want to punish Disney because they produced some entertainment content that the OP does not agree with. Unfortunately these attitudes are not just directed at Disney. They are more and more becoming the norm in some circles just to project some religious, political and personal views on to others who may not agree with them and somehow they are in the side of right and who ever disagrees with them is somehow evil be it a person, school board or corporation.

I am so over book banning. I am so over being told what to watch or read. I am so over being told that merchandise sold in a store is evil or they don't like the actor in a commercial and therefore are going to boycott the business. I am so over punishing corporations and others that they don't agree with so they can score political points by trampling on the rights of others to make their own choices to read, watch, live or buy products that they deem to be appropriate. I thought we lived in a country where everyone had the choice to live their own life and make their own choices as long as they did not interfere or project their views onto others who think differently. At one time it was believed at least by some that diversity made us all stronger. Apparently not anymore.

As another poster said, rant over.

Every law/rule we have is based on somebody's or some group's vision of what is right or moral. Even the idea of personal choice. So, all of it is just a matter of opinion and interpretation to determine where the lines are drawn. We all have rules of society that we have to live by. Some you like, some you don't. Complete freedom would lead to some disastrous consequences for society.

And the concept that "diversity made us all stronger" is 100% correct from a scientific perspective. But that has nothing to do with some HR professional or pandering politician feels is "fair" or "equitable" based on random physical characteristics, like gender or skin color.

Every law/rule we have is based on somebody's or some group's vision of what is right or moral. Even the idea of personal choice. So, all of it is just a matter of opinion and interpretation to determine where the lines are drawn. We all have rules of society that we have to live by. Some you like, some you don't. Complete freedom would lead to some disastrous consequences for society.

And the concept that "diversity made us all stronger" is 100% correct from a scientific perspective. But that has nothing to do with some HR professional or pandering politician feels is "fair" or "equitable" based on random physical characteristics, like gender or skin color.
Should those rules of society be based around a religious belief that not everyone believes in?

Especially when your ideology is an American one and this show won’t be released in America…

Like I said, I'm not wasting my time. My opinion is just as valid and valuable as yours, and I plan to give it, whether you like it or not. So, thank you for the concern, but you worry about you.
I’m not concerned and I’m not worrying about you at all. You waste your time as you see fit of course. Do you subscribe to D+ or plan on going to the parks? I’m wondering if you put your money where your mouth is considering you are so vocal about the direction Disney have taken and you don’t agree with it?

I wasn't referring to Disney+ I was referring to more people normalizing evil.

Just to ask then, in 1940 Disney made Fantasia which features a segment where a devil named Chernabog resurrects souls and casts them into a volcano to summon demons. While Chernabog is not technically Satan, the symbolism is clear as are the religious overtones. Why no hand-wringing about that?

I’m not concerned and I’m not worrying about you at all. You waste your time as you see fit of course. Do you subscribe to D+ or plan on going to the parks? I’m wondering if you put your money where your mouth is considering you are so vocal about the direction Disney have taken and you don’t agree with it?

Of course I put my money where my mouth is, not that it is any of your business. Put I did feel obligated to let you know. I just didn't want to keep you "wondering", since you aren't "concerned" or "worrying" at all. LOL.

Talk about wasting time.

Of course I put my money where my mouth is, not that it is any of your business. Put I did feel obligated to let you know. I just didn't want to keep you "wondering", since you aren't "concerned" or "worrying" at all. LOL.

Talk about wasting time.
So you’re putting your money where you mouth is but still bother to post on a Disney forum? Gotcha 😉 You can’t be that bothered about Disney straying to the path of evil then. Wasting time but yet you still respond to people on this thread eh?

So you’re putting your money where you mouth is but still bother to post on a Disney forum? Gotcha 😉 You can’t be that bothered about Disney straying to the path of evil then. Wasting time but yet you still respond to people on this thread eh?

I spend my time and money how I please and I voice my opinion just like anyone else here. You have no say in any of it, so you should just stop wasting your time pretending like you do.

Anyway, sorry I triggered you or hurt your feeling with my opinion. Hopefully you will be ok. I wish you the best.

I wonder how many people who are incensed by this show thinks she should forced to carry the baby to term.

Don't give Disney any ideas. LOL.

At least Disney wasn't dumb enough to release this here in the US. That should tell everyone something about their motives and what they really care about. Spoiler alert. It'syay Oneymay. But that is their #1 priority. You see it in everything they do. And I guess that is their obligation to shareholders. But this is definitely not Walt's Disney. Maybe they should drop his first name from the company.

Don't give Disney any ideas. LOL.

At least Disney wasn't dumb enough to release this here in the US. That should tell everyone something about their motives and what they really care about. Spoiler alert. It'syay Oneymay. But that is their #1 priority. You see it in everything they do. And I guess that is their obligation to shareholders. But this is definitely not Walt's Disney. Maybe they should drop his first name from the company.
Maybe they should. He's been dead for 57 years.

It's just that once in a while, we as a people DO come together in some progressive societies during brief, bright moments of time...but inevitably, it regresses back.
But it doesn't regress back all the way. Despite many places (including here in the U.S.) where human rights are still trampled on, as a species we've progressed in that department from where we were even just one or two hundred years ago. Two steps forward and one step back still leaves us one step forward.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter