• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney and universal tickets aug 23 Cali

Disney2FrmUk

Earning My Ears
Please help as so confused !
Where to buy and what to buy for best deal please !

2 adults from UK Sun 20th Aug - 22nd Aug

Basically interested in doing 2 Disney parks and 1 universal ,my partner has been before and thars her priority.

So simply ,but not for me I'm lost. .

1.What's the cheapest 2 park disney ticket that would enable us to visit one park per day .(assuming that ticket will allow us to and where to purchase it from .note we are from the UK .unsure which website is best or any hacks to use )

2. Or what's the cheapest Universal 1 park ticket And what site.

And any must have options added to those do advise , thanks so much !

Any help would be great as a little lost on all this !

Thanks all

Hi in LA 2 adults from UK Sun 20th Aug - 22nd Aug

Looking for great suggestions for hotels for 2 days to access disney resort parks and 1 in Universal .The resort internal hotels seem to be ridiculous money !are there any affiliated hotels close by that get you early access and mean you can slip out for a break and return without huge hassle ? Any tips and guide prices hugely helpful ! Or judt any general hotels if not.

And for universal just stay in same hotel or move for the night ?keep hearing about LA traffic and worried universal day will messy if travelling too far across town .

Thanks all really appreciate the direction !

Only the 3 Disney-owned hotels get early access. However, there are motels on Harbor that are just as close to the park entrances as the Disney hotels, in terms of being able to take quick breaks.
Whether to move hotels for Universal depends on whether you’d rather the hassle of doing the long drive twice in a day or the hassle of packing up and moving. Will you have a car? Do you need to get to an airport after your last park day?

Just go to the Disneyland site, same for Universal Hollywood to check out tickets. Looks like a 2-day one park per day ticket is $285.

Try the Candy Cane Inn, they have a shuttle to and from parks.

Universal is a long way from DL so you’ll likely have to move up north. Sheraton is nice and has a shuttle as well.

GOOD LUCK!

Please help as so confused !
Where to buy and what to buy for best deal please !

2 adults from UK Sun 20th Aug - 22nd Aug

Basically interested in doing 2 Disney parks and 1 universal ,my partner has been before and thars her priority.

So simply ,but not for me I'm lost. .

1.What's the cheapest 2 park disney ticket that would enable us to visit one park per day .(assuming that ticket will allow us to and where to purchase it from .note we are from the UK .unsure which website is best or any hacks to use )

2. Or what's the cheapest Universal 1 park ticket And what site.

And any must have options added to those do advise , thanks so much !

Any help would be great as a little lost on all this !

Thanks all

As soon as you can get your post count here up to 10 posts, send me a pm! I have some sites to send you for tickets!

Disneyland and Universal are not close and even if it seems like it on a map it is not. Yes people do drive from one to the other but it is quite a drive. I would find a hotel in Anaheim and one near Universal.
You only get to go in early if you stay at one of Disneyland's three resort hotels. The hotels on Harbor are across the street and some are as close of a walk as the resort hotels. you are easily able to go back and forth between the park and the hotel, but no early access offsite.

End you day last day in DL, drive north that night and stay in a hotel near Universal the night before Universal day...no question IMO.

Just go to the Disneyland site, same for Universal Hollywood to check out tickets. Looks like a 2-day one park per day ticket is $285.

Try the Candy Cane Inn, they have a shuttle to and from parks.

Universal is a long way from DL so you’ll likely have to move up north. Sheraton is nice and has a shuttle as well.

GOOD LUCK!
Thanks is the only way across town uber /lyft ?

Disneyland and Universal are not close and even if it seems like it on a map it is not. Yes people do drive from one to the other but it is quite a drive. I would find a hotel in Anaheim and one near Universal.
You only get to go in early if you stay at one of Disneyland's three resort hotels. The hotels on Harbor are across the street and some are as close of a walk as the resort hotels. you are easily able to go back and forth between the park and the hotel, but no early access offsite.
And is it easy to get ubers back and forward from nearby hotels ..do you just pick up from the main gate ?

And hotels seem to be way more expensive near universal , but the I guess an uber looks like $50 dollars each way ....

10 posts to this thread of 10 separate posts from me to this site ?
Just 10 posts total on this site and then it can take up to 24 hours to be able to send me a message. If you hover your mouse over my screen name to the left of this post, a window will pop up and then you can start a new conversation with me!

Just 10 posts total on this site and then it can take up to 24 hours to be able to send me a message. If you hover your mouse over my screen name to the left of this post, a window will pop up and then you can start a new conversation with me!
Ah OK great ...ill message when done :) thankyou

Undercover tourist usually has the cheapest tickets for both. But you also need to check Disneyland ticket prices because on some days, buying two one day tickets is cheaper than buying a 2 day ticket. If you're not buying directly from Disney, make sure that you link your tickets to your Disney account and make reservations.

For early access to the parks, it's basically just the 3 Disney hotels. The Grand Californian would be the easiest one to go back to in order to rest but the Disneyland hotel isn't too bad for that either.

Only the 3 Disney-owned hotels get early access. However, there are motels on Harbor that are just as close to the park entrances as the Disney hotels, in terms of being able to take quick breaks.
Whether to move hotels for Universal depends on whether you’d rather the hassle of doing the long drive twice in a day or the hassle of packing up and moving. Will you have a car? Do you need to get to an airport after your last park day?
No ditching the car in LA was the plan..finally hoped on someone else driving ie uber .and yes airport after a couple of spare days days was the idea ? Unsure atm what to do with those days as of yet ie crash on beach or nice hotel or go sightseeing .

Undercover tourist usually has the cheapest tickets for both. But you also need to check Disneyland ticket prices because on some days, buying two one day tickets is cheaper than buying a 2 day ticket. If you're not buying directly from Disney, make sure that you link your tickets to your Disney account and make reservations.

For early access to the parks, it's basically just the 3 Disney hotels. The Grand Californian would be the easiest one to go back to in order to rest but the Disneyland hotel isn't too bad for that either.
OK I'll check those for starting prices ..assume me not booking anything in the shirt term isn't an issue ie prices won't star going up and up ?

And Disney account ?is this something I need to set up prior to buying any tickets ? So any tickets I buy no matter where from will.come with some form of code i assume the needs be linked to "my Disney account " that as of yet I don't have :)

The Disney hotels just seem crazy money in Cali , for the sake of a half hour early start ?

And Disney account ?is this something I need to set up prior to buying any tickets ? So any tickets I buy no matter where from will.come with some form of code i assume the needs be linked to "my Disney account " that as of yet I don't have :)
Just like any online purchase, you need to create a username and password. After you purchase your ticket, you can download the Disneyland app, log on with the same username and PW and your ticket should appear on the app.

For Disneyland, you need to make a reservation for the park(s) that you will visit. If you want to do one day at Disneyland and one day at Disney's California Adventure, you need a reservation for each day. If you purchase a park hopper ticket, you will make a reservation in one park, but can enter the other park after 11 am. Currently, both parks have reservations available for Aug 20-22.

Go to the website and it will walk you through the steps. You don't need to create the username and password until you are paying.
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/admission/tickets/

Just like any online purchase, you need to create a username and password. After you purchase your ticket, you can download the Disneyland app, log on with the same username and PW and your ticket should appear on the app.

For Disneyland, you need to make a reservation for the park(s) that you will visit. If you want to do one day at Disneyland and one day at Disney's California Adventure, you need a reservation for each day. If you purchase a park hopper ticket, you will make a reservation in one park, but can enter the other park after 11 am. Currently, both parks have reservations available for Aug 20-22.

Go to the website and it will walk you through the steps. You don't need to create the username and password until you are paying.
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/admission/tickets/
Ah OK , yep assumed that for Disney ..but if you buy tickets from a seperate vendor? Assume as said tickets come with a ref number that the alternate vendor will provide me to then link with a new ticket less account I'll.need create with Disney .

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter