Disney At Christmas Help

LTFC

Earning My Ears
Found you at last.

We are just about to book our third holiday and are looking to go at Christmas.
Normally travel out of school holidays but can't anymore.
Just need someone to help me with a couple of quick questions if you can.

1. How busy is it at Christmas We go 16th Dec and come back 2nd Jan

2. Are the parks open every day or do they close for the holidays.

3 What's the weather like.

Many thanks for your help in this matter.
cheers
Gabriel..

:)

Hi Gabriel :wave:

<i>1. How busy is it at Christmas We go 16th Dec and come back 2nd Jan </i> The week between Christmas and New Year is the busiest time of year at WDW, but the parks are open late and there will be more parades and fireworks than at quieter times of year.

<i>2. Are the parks open every day or do they close for the holidays. </i> Open every day! :)

<i>3 What's the weather like</i> Be prepared for anything! It can be hot, it can be cold, it can be anything in between - but it's unlikely to stay too cold for more than a few days at a time (or so I'm told!). Pack for all eventualities and you should be okay!

Hi Gabriel - ~~~ Welcome to the UK Dis~~~ :wave:

Nice to have you joining us :)

We have been to WDW a few times over the Christmas / New Year period and have done it
in shorts/T shirts and Trousers/Jumpers & Coats! It really is very much a luck of the draw
time weather wise, but we have never let it bother us too much. Just go to the parks with layers on - peel them off and leave in the lockers as you arrive, then start layering them on if it gets cold. The only downside of the colder weather is of course the Wet rides! Not always pleasant on a chilly day! Having said that it is our favourite time of year because the Christmas Decorations, trees, Osborne lights and atmosphere more than makes up for it.

It is busy as Hilary says - but we have never found it too uncomfortable.

Hope this helps and look forward to hearing more about your plans

:)

we found that it started getting busy on the 22nd Dec - before that, it's only 5 minute waiting for most rides. By Christmas, it will be packed - but the parks open longer
Dec last year they had a mini heatwave so it was lovely and warm - high 70's, but that changed in January - cold and some rain.
here's a link to the weather site

http://www.weatherpoint.com/go2orlando/

go to averages and records for more detailed info

don't miss the Osborne Lights at MGM - brilliant, we went after Fantasmic and it made the perfect day

Have a great time when you go

Best wishes,

Mapman

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter