Disney College

Blackbear87

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

Just recently my son had been accepted into the Disney College program. I would like to know if there is a mandatory drug test for all new hires. If there is I want to hold him back so he can try again another time and not ruin his chance, being I know he will not pass. Any help asap would be greatly appreciated.

Blackbear87

Yes, almost all jobs now have drug tests. If you suspect him of doing drugs you should really talk to him about it.

I know he smokes a little pot, and I have spoken to him but he is 20, and a man. So much of what I have to say at this point is in one ear out the other. The only reason I am asking is because I have done some research through the internet of which most sources claim there is NO drug test, some claim for certian positions, and even on the application there was no part stating if you were willing to take a drug test, just a backround check.

That is the only reason I made a topic so blatent, being even on these fourms some topics state there is no Test.

I know one WDWCP alumuni and one currently in the program. Neither of them had a drug test; however, they were asked if they do drugs.

And the most important part: If drugs are found, that's it. You are out of your room right on the spot - same day, no matter what. Disney doesn't mess around.

Well, I think at least certain positions are tested. Nevertheless, he probably either needs to quit pot smoking or not accept the college program offer.

I am not sure if they test or not but he really should stop as certain jobs do require drug testing. If he want to get a good paying job he need to give it up. I know you done the best as a parent sometimes "kids" do not listen or think parents don't know anything. Good luck

I did the College Program and there were no drug tests. I also went and reported another girl in my apartment because she was dealing out of our apt but nothing ever happened. I even reported her THREE times! Hopefully they've gotten better since I was in the program. :sad2:

Drug tests are not part of the entry process, but Disney's terms of employment are at will (like most other employers). Under no uncertain terms are cast allowed to come in under the influence of illicit drugs, and if they do show up to their areas in such a case, they can be terminated immediately. This is part of the employment contract.

Likewise, housing is 100% drug free. If he is caught even with possession of illicit drugs (and yes, pot counts), he will be terminated within 48 hours of discovery. Because drugs can put an entire apartment at risk, Disney Housing and their management company highly recommends participants bring it to security's attention as soon as they know, to immunize themselves from any potential blow-back. This is all part of the housing contract.

Also, if he has any type of record in the justice system regarding his use, he MUST disclose this before he arrives, or he may face immediate ejection from the program when they complete secondary background checks. Even if the record is 'clear' now, even minor cases that have been taken off the public record will be positive hits when they do the secondary check.

I know a few of people (including one of my own roommates) who went home for silly things like pot. It's not worth it.

Disney doesnt require a drug test. No one who did the CP with me took one.
We had a background check though lol.

I recently applied at a Target near my house and was quite suprised that they had me go to a doctor and have a drug test done, seeing as how I didnt have one done at Disney which to me seems like the one that would be more likely to do so.

I do know 3 people who worked with me on my CP who got termed because drugs were found in their apt.
So if they find it, action will be taken.

I did the College Program and there were no drug tests. I also went and reported another girl in my apartment because she was dealing out of our apt but nothing ever happened. I even reported her THREE times! Hopefully they've gotten better since I was in the program. :sad2:

You turning them in can get them termed.
It will put a hint out there that they will need to check their room out more closely during inspections though.
Me and 2 of my roommates reported 2 people during our program for drugs.

But unless they actually find the drugs and have the evidence, I dont think they can really do anything.
Cause if they did term them without the actual evidence, it would be like they are just assuming the CP'ers are doing drugs or whatever which wouldnt be good.

I don;t know about Disney but many companys DO drug testing and even though some don't before they are hired they do have random drug testing they can administer at any time. I have known many people that have lost jobs or didn;t get a job b/c of drugs (even just pot).....It's not worth it and if you want to get accepted into Disney....I wouldn't take that chance.

even though some don't before they are hired they do have random drug testing they can administer at any time

This is true of Disney. It is in the paperwork that you get when you checkin and sign your name about a billion times. I guess I'm one of the few that read that stuff carefully.

This is true of Disney. It is in the paperwork that you get when you checkin and sign your name about a billion times. I guess I'm one of the few that read that stuff carefully.

Basically you are guilty and are not even permitted to prove your innocence the minute you sign up. Just happened to my daughter. She is NOT a drug user. Got thrown into an apartment with other room mates she didn't choose. Some nappy headed girl in their apartment smoked tree almost daily, but did it in her car. My daughter reported it to the tip line but nothing happened. She was with for 4 days staying at Saratoga (she had 3 days off). While she was away apparently her tree smoking room mate had her friend visit and they decided to "chill" at the apt. Which meant smoking as much weed as they could. Someone in another apartment reported a "funny smell", security came by and gave the doper a "warning" to get rid of the stuff. Well, my daughter returned to the apt the day we left for home. Turns out this b**ch** solution to "getting rid of the hay" was to hide it in a box in my daughter's room. Well, sure enough, that night here comes security with the dogs. Found the weed the beeacth hid in my daughters room. Now, EVERYONE is OUT. Gone. No questions asked. No chance to defend yourself. No chance to prove your innocence. So, be warned. One room mate can take a whole apartment down. It's very sad. But the security agency Disney outsources to assumes that everyone in the apt knows what everyone else is doing and thus endorses it. So, you are guilty by association.

There should be some mechanism to prove your innocence but alas, there does not seem to be. So, one beeatch gets 6 people thrown out of the program. Needless to say, I'm very upset. My daughter was loving the experience and had nothing to do with this pot head.

Disney! Do drug testing BEFORE accepting people into he CP.

Hi there i recently signed up for the disney college program and i went through the phone interview and got into it! But there has been something that has been going through the back of my mind the whole time and still is. They said they would do a backround check and drug test . the drug test i can pass but the backround not so much:/ I am on probation till September and i was accepted to go in august. I have a class D felony and i really wanna know if they do the backround check or do they say that just to scare you?? If they do ill try getting in in the spring because im paying alot of money to clean my record entirely. I just wanna know if they do a backround check when i go:/

Hi there i recently signed up for the disney college program and i went through the phone interview and got into it! But there has been something that has been going through the back of my mind the whole time and still is. They said they would do a backround check and drug test . the drug test i can pass but the backround not so much:/ I am on probation till September and i was accepted to go in august. I have a class D felony and i really wanna know if they do the backround check or do they say that just to scare you?? If they do ill try getting in in the spring because im paying alot of money to clean my record entirely. I just wanna know if they do a backround check when i go:/

Nope. Not trying to scare you. They really do a background check during the check-in process

Basically you are guilty and are not even permitted to prove your innocence the minute you sign up. Just happened to my daughter. She is NOT a drug user. Got thrown into an apartment with other room mates she didn't choose. Some nappy headed girl in their apartment smoked tree almost daily, but did it in her car. My daughter reported it to the tip line but nothing happened. She was with for 4 days staying at Saratoga (she had 3 days off). While she was away apparently her tree smoking room mate had her friend visit and they decided to "chill" at the apt. Which meant smoking as much weed as they could. Someone in another apartment reported a "funny smell", security came by and gave the doper a "warning" to get rid of the stuff. Well, my daughter returned to the apt the day we left for home. Turns out this b**ch** solution to "getting rid of the hay" was to hide it in a box in my daughter's room. Well, sure enough, that night here comes security with the dogs. Found the weed the beeacth hid in my daughters room. Now, EVERYONE is OUT. Gone. No questions asked. No chance to defend yourself. No chance to prove your innocence. So, be warned. One room mate can take a whole apartment down. It's very sad. But the security agency Disney outsources to assumes that everyone in the apt knows what everyone else is doing and thus endorses it. So, you are guilty by association.

There should be some mechanism to prove your innocence but alas, there does not seem to be. So, one beeatch gets 6 people thrown out of the program. Needless to say, I'm very upset. My daughter was loving the experience and had nothing to do with this pot head.

Disney! Do drug testing BEFORE accepting people into he CP.

Did you HONESTLY just call someone "nappy headed"? SHAME ON YOU.
I don't care what she did to your daughter, never EVER again use racial slurs on this board.

Did you HONESTLY just call someone "nappy headed"? SHAME ON YOU.
I don't care what she did to your daughter, never EVER again use racial slurs on this board.

Thank you, I was just thinking the same thing. No matter what the person did/does, it is not a cause for such racial slurs. Please, a lot of young people get on this board, that is definitely NOT the example to set!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter