Disney credit card

Just make sure you don't wait until the end of the time for the Meet and Greet. I went and it was in Innovations West. Make sure you check in and see how long the wait is and how many people are waiting. I saw people turned away near the end. Just FYI.

raggedymommyof2 said:
How do you find out when/where the Epcot meet and greet for the Disney Visa is? Is it every day, or just certain days of the week? My parents have a DV and wanted to take the kids in with them when we go to Epcot, but I can't find the details about it. Thanks in advance!!

Tina Rod.

They sent me something in the mail about it, in a little booklet. I think it was every day, between 1:00 and 4:00 pm. And it was in one of the Innoventions buildings - near the fire engine, if I remember correctly.

I'm considering the Disney Visa (DV) but I'm concerned that Chase won't show me the full terms until after I apply.

So you get a gift card for your accumulated points - did anyone have any troubles using this card? (like restricted places or things you couldn't buy) Did the card make it easy to tell how much money you had left?

And I thought I read that you can only accumulate 750 points. That is still alot, but just want to be sure.

Finally, the plan would of course be to use the card, then pay it off in full. Does chase allow a grace period before interest charges kick in? Do they allow you to name your payment date (like the 5th of the month, not the 25th?)

thanks for any insight...

jayandstacey said:
So you get a gift card for your accumulated points - did anyone have any troubles using this card? (like restricted places or things you couldn't buy)

And I thought I read that you can only accumulate 750 points. That is still alot, but just want to be sure.

Do they allow you to name your payment date (like the 5th of the month, not the 25th?)

I had no trouble using my card anywhere at Disney.

I hadn't heard of that restriction, but I think you can have more than one "gift card" at once, so you could could probably get around it if there is.

DH says he thought he saw a place to pick your own payment date on their website, but I haven't actually tried it.

A couple of other tips:
- You can transfer points to your card only after they have hit your statement (not after every purchase.)
- You have to have at least 10 points to transfer them to the spending card.
- Order your first card well before your trip, so it has time to come in the mail. (After that, additional points can be transfered immediately by phone or internet.)

LoriLuvsDisney said:
I love my card. I got at first because they took the discounts away from Disney and Disneystores (the free card you could get from credit unions and the like) a bunch of years ago. The points started adding up. Then I booked my WDW vacation 9 months ahead of time. I put the minimum down to hold the vacation (which was interest free on the DisneyCard for 6 months), then started charging everything from groceries to gas with my Visa. I didn't use anything else (except cash of course) if I could help and paid it off weekly so I wouldn't see a bunch of money in my checking acocunt and think it was available. I was able to put 800 disney dollars toward my vacation. That's 800 "dollars" of free money. (Of course that means I charged a lot!) I just booked a cruise for October of 2007. Again, charged the down payment (no interest) and started using my visa again for everything. I already have 150 dollars!

When you used your points to purchase the vacation how did you go about doing that? Did you use your own TA or do you go right through WDW? Do you have to transfer them to another card first?

I have between 700 to 800 on my card and we plan on using them to help pay for the trip in 2008. :wave2:

dizydreamer said:
When you used your points to purchase the vacation how did you go about doing that? Did you use your own TA or do you go right through WDW? Do you have to transfer them to another card first?

I have between 700 to 800 on my card and we plan on using them to help pay for the trip in 2008. :wave2:

You need to either call Chase or go to the website and have it transferred to a card. It looks just like a another credit card, but is only valid at certain Disney places (you can't go shopping at Walmart with it). Even though I booked through a TA, the TA still has to contact Disney to make payments. So instead of giving the TA my regular 'Visa" card I gave her the points card.

I was able to use my points card at shops in WDW and downtown disney. It's a great bonus for doing nothing more than using the card. It's FREE money! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cloud9:

:wave: Thank you so much. I love my TA and have know her since I was 3. I don't think we could have done a large family trip without her help (Has records for the whole family and knows how into Disney we are & the things we like to do). It is good to know that I could use my TA and just give her the card number. Is the card now like a prepaid credit card or will it expire? Thank you agon for all the help. I love this site. (sorry still a newbie)

We love the card and use it only on very big purchases and emergencies. We always use it when we're at Disney because we get points while we're there too. Sometimes you can get double and even triple points. Just be careful that the percentage is very high. Also you have to transfer your points to your rewards card before you try to use them. We didn't know that the first time and the rewards card had no points on it when we were at Disney.

TinaLala, where can you use it to get double and triple rewards? I have'nt been using my Disney visa very much because it did take so long to accumulate rewards if you don't use it all the time. I've been using my chase continental card it accumulates miles quicker and double miles when I use it at the Shoprite. And I have a continental one pass account at the shoprite on my price plus card so everytime I shop there I accumulate more miles and they gave me 15,000 miles for after my first purchase on the card. But like any rewards card it's only worth it if you can pay it off each month.

I only have 5 months before our trip to WDW. Is this enough time to get a card and save up to get decent rewards???

we live in the uk so unable to have the card,but if and when it is available we will get one :cheer2: :cheer2: :wave2:

You would have to charge an awful lot for you to have a good amount of rewards. They don't add up very fast. I get about 100-125 per year. I use mine yearly for meals at the park when we are there. There are other benefits to it like discounts, etc. but only you know if you charge enough to make it worthwhile. I know they are rolling out a nice low interest rate right now, it may be worth checking in to. Hope that helps!

Well I applied and it said I would get a letter within 30 days, so I'm guessing that I'm being rejected. :( Not sure why as our only debt is our house and dh's car. I figured we would get approved since we're homeowners. Oh well. :(

manda40475 said:
Well I applied and it said I would get a letter within 30 days, so I'm guessing that I'm being rejected. :( Not sure why as our only debt is our house and dh's car. I figured we would get approved since we're homeowners. Oh well. :(
You'll get a letter one way or another. I remember it took longer than I expected too, so don't read anything into the fact that you haven't heard yet. Give them 4-6 weeks. If you haven't heard by then, call them and ask for the status of your request.

I signed up for the Disney rewards Visa (Chase) while I was at The Disney Store about 2-3 wks ago, and was hoping to get it soon, and a couple of days ago I got a letter asking for a copy of a utility bill, and copy of SS card. I don't like sending this info out in the mail, but want my card! I called there # to be sure I was sending them the info, not some thief :confused3 And all seemed on the up and up. So now I will wait and see!

We have a trip planned for October -
wish I had used it more (for reward points)
so.... I just put the yearly homeowners insurance on it this week and next week the
yearly auto insurance( instead of writing a check to each place - will write one check to the Visa card). Must start using it for groceries, too !
I have a few points on it already to use - need more !

We use ours all of the time. We got ours when it first came out, and on the card where it says "Member since" - all it says is "Day 1" - I think that's cool! The interest rate is high, so pay each month. Actually, I knew we were going to be using the card for extras this month, because we were traveling, (to WDW) and I knew we wouldn't be able to pay it in full right away as we normally do. I called Chase, and they lowered the interest rate with no problem at all! They were very nice and happy to do it. Try it!

we have the card too.

we use it mainly for when we actually go to DLR or other stuff. Helen likes to use her nordstrom card because she has racked up a lot of points on that one and they have a better reward system.

You can't beat the disney logos on their card though. I'll be getting my first disney rewards card anyday now in the mail for our trip in a few weeks.

darryl & helen

Just wanted to post an update. I got my card in the mail yesterday (I applied a few weeks ago) and as I am looking at the sheet it says I have a credit limit of $3000.00. WHAT? That is a joke! So I called to get it raised and the guy takes me information and asks me what I want the limit to be. I said $13,500 (which is what I have on my current visa) and he says to hold on. Then he comes back on the phone and says that they cannot up it right at the moment, that they will have to do some further checking. I should get a letter in 5-10 days letting me know if they approve of me upping my limit. Is this a joke? Do they want people to use the card? I can spend $3000.00 in one trip to Bes Buy! :thumbsup2 I was hoping to use it and get points for my trip in October but by the time they "approve" me I will have like 1 1/2 months to use it!

If I am not approved I will be canceling the CC on the spot and keeping my current one.

ETA: The only debt that I have is my house and a home equity loan. Both of our cars are paid off and we pay our CC bill in full every month. Crazy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter