Disney credit card

Can you not just pay off your balance more often than once a month and then be able to keep reusing the card? I can't imagine spending more than $3000 in a month's time unless some dire emergency came up, but I'm sure there are lots of people on this board that are able to do so. Shew! Wish that was my only problem was upping the limit on a credit card. I don't even OWN a credit card and not sure they are going to approve me for this one. :guilty:

We do usually pay it off as we go but there are times where we buy something large and that would put us over our limit. I just don't think that it is enough of a limit. I am by no means bragging and I hope that I am not coming off this way. My point really was that it is kind of silly to give someone such a small credit limit. I think I have more than that on my Eddie Bauer CC. I am more irritated about the fact that when I called to up it they would not do it. So now I have to wait another 5-10 days to find out. I am not activating the cards until they have the higher limit. There is no reason to as we will not keep them.

Kristine

Just an update. They only upped my limit to $5000.00. THis does not even come close to what I have on my other credit card. When I asked why they told me that was all I qualified. I almost died laughing. I told them to cancel the card immediately.

Kristine

connorlevismom said:
Just an update. They only upped my limit to $5000.00. THis does not even come close to what I have on my other credit card. When I asked why they told me that was all I qualified. I almost died laughing. I told them to cancel the card immediately.

Kristine
Some considerations:
1. Credit capacity counts against you, not just balances. It would *appear* that you have a $13,500 card, but pay it off each month. If the bank gave you $13,500 on the Disney card, then you have $27,000 capacity. Of course, if you carry a balance on that other card, you are a little worse off, but the capacity matters more. You might get the Disney card if you cancel the other first. If you are simply using it as a cash card, you only have to change your habits for a few weeks to accomplish this.

2. They simply may not give out that kind of a limit. (but that's doubtful - there's a limit on rewards, so the rewards shouldn't be a limiting factor).

3. The rewards just aren't that big a deal - if you have very good credit, you will get the rewards by simply managing money differently, or by spending only $2250 next time you're in Best Buy (instead of $3000). of course, it isn't as much fun as having that Mickey to flash...:)

4. Do you really know your finances? Are you sure?

Not trying to pick on you. It just seems silly to say that $5000 on a credit card isn't enough.

Oh, and lastly, credit card companies don't want people who run up balances and then pay them off. Yes, they collect merchant fees, but they are only profitable when they also collect your interest. If you pay off the other card each month, they probably just don't want you doing the same to them - at least not to the tune of $13K a month.

I have the Disney Visa just to see what kind of deals there might be when we go to Disney at the end of this year :D My other visas/mc's cards seem to be about the same when it comes to perks. I think the Discover or American Express gets better milage but they're not taken in some of the smaller places I shop at due to merchant charges.

well i just checked on mine and cannot belive the intrest rate i'm being charged i just called and they said i'm at the lowest they offer but i can't belive that. i have this card at 11.99% i have a gmcard 6.6% and an elvis mnba card at 9.75% for the looks of things i will have to stop useing this card just too high of interest rate.
what is everyone else being charged if you don't mind me asking
my creadit score is in the mid 700's
so far all i have seen from this card is the interest rate go up and up

thanks scott

jayandstacey said:
4. Do you really know your finances? Are you sure?

Not trying to pick on you. It just seems silly to say that $5000 on a credit card isn't enough.

I beg your pardon! Yes, I know my finances! I have been doing them in my marriage for 5 years and I also handle finanaces for a milti-million dollar company. So yes, I do know my finances. And no $5000.00 credit limit is NOT enough. Thank you very much. :confused3 If it seems silly to you, then I am sorry. But don't treat me like I am an idiot. By the way, why does it matter to ANYONE that I said the credit limit is not enough? Sorry to get so hostile bit I find this very rude.

car_doctor said:
well i just checked on mine and cannot belive the intrest rate i'm being charged i just called and they said i'm at the lowest they offer but i can't belive that. i have this card at 11.99% i have a gmcard 6.6% and an elvis mnba card at 9.75% for the looks of things i will have to stop useing this card just too high of interest rate.
what is everyone else being charged if you don't mind me asking
my creadit score is in the mid 700's
so far all i have seen from this card is the interest rate go up and up

thanks scott

I just checked and mine is 15.15% which is kind of a wierd #. FICO is >800. I never carry a balance so I don't worry about it! The interest on mine is variable so it will be going up everytime they raise the prime rate.

We love our Disney Cedit Card. for the last several year we charged everything, but paid it off each month when the billed arrived. We charged things like daycare, groceries, gas, etc. The points added up very quickly, allowing us to save over $1000 for our trip in August.

I think the card is worth it, if nothing else for the little things you can get at the world if yu don't use it that often. I got a $50.00 certificate when I signed up so that was a bonus, also got 10% off tours like Keys to the Kingdom, and we did the private meeting with the characters and free picture in Epcot. We had our own little photoshoot with Mickey and Pluto...see the pic in my signature. When i start planning our next trip I will start using my card more to try and earn more rewards dollars right now I try to avoid using a credit card but if I do, I always use my Disney card. I got the one with the castle for the Happiest Celebration on Earth too so I love taking it out and handing it to the cashier!! :blush:

connorlevismom said:
Just wanted to post an update. I got my card in the mail yesterday (I applied a few weeks ago) and as I am looking at the sheet it says I have a credit limit of $3000.00. WHAT? That is a joke! So I called to get it raised and the guy takes me information and asks me what I want the limit to be. I said $13,500 (which is what I have on my current visa) and he says to hold on. Then he comes back on the phone and says that they cannot up it right at the moment, that they will have to do some further checking. I should get a letter in 5-10 days letting me know if they approve of me upping my limit. Is this a joke? Do they want people to use the card? I can spend $3000.00 in one trip to Bes Buy! :thumbsup2 I was hoping to use it and get points for my trip in October but by the time they "approve" me I will have like 1 1/2 months to use it!

If I am not approved I will be canceling the CC on the spot and keeping my current one.ETA: The only debt that I have is my house and a home equity loan. Both of our cars are paid off and we pay our CC bill in full every month. Crazy!

My husband and I recently applied for separate cards and both got credit limits of $18500 :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:
Believe me, we don't plunk down $3000 at Best Buy or anywhere else, so if you have that kind of spending ability and are having a problem getting your credit limit increased I would seriously suggest you check your credit reports. There may be a problem you are not aware of.

kcrew said:
My husband and I recently applied for separate cards and both got credit limits of $18500 :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:
Believe me, we don't plunk down $3000 at Best Buy or anywhere else, so if you have that kind of spending ability and are having a problem getting your credit limit increased I would seriously suggest you check your credit reports. There may be a problem you are not aware of.

I would recommend this as well - have you checked your FICO score lately?

Another good card can be Southwest. If you already fly southwest it helps you to accrue your the points you need for a free ticket and if you book when they are giving double points for booking online you get your free ticket even faster. It probably wouldn't help if only fly occasionally but if you fly a couple of times a year or more it can make a difference.

we got our card in December 2005 so didn't have very long to rack up points but we were still able to get $50 worth of pirate souvenirs! pirate:

Honestly Cute Yes we have the red one with the stars or pixie dust on it I would have to look at it again lol. We got it in march and was never asked what design we wanted. I have used it and used it and paid it off and paid it off. In fact I have charged more than 5000 on it and (paid it off), and have not gotten near what I thought I would in rewards. It's for every 100 dollars you use on it you get 1 reward dollar. Now I also thought this would have great incentives which is why I got it, but the only thing they mainly give is no interest for the FIRST 6 months and this is only on a disney booked vacation. You get 10% off purchases, but only at Disney Parks and I believe the disney store if you spend a certain amount 50-100 dollars. My book thingy saays free stroller rentals for DisneyLand and meet and greets, but from what I have been hearing since Happiest Celebration is ending they are changing those items. I personally have not gotten any of my mailers that are offering me ANYTHING incentive wise except maybe a dvd player for joining something you gotta pay to join or something and honestly it does not even look like a decent one and not even a disney one. In all honestY I have not gotten anything rewarding no free nights like I was told they used to offer nothing, but hey you are a card holder and can get this glass such and such for 60-100 something bucks and it's only availible to you the cardholder. I would say no this card is not honestly the easiest nor the most rewarding. I am keeping it cause it's basically paid off and I will use it some for our upcomming Honeymoon at Disneyworld ::::::::woohoooo:::::::::::: excited, but as far as an easier rewards racker my df universal card seems to add up faster for rewards.

Check on the chase Disney card website. They always have up to date offers and promotions on there, that is where I found out about special things I could use it for while in the parks. I would definitely recommend doing the character meeting at Epcot...well worth the wait whether you have kids or not. If you collect pins you can also buy special members only Visa cardholder pins!

Just got my card yesterday. Already started using it. Told DH to put everything on it! :goodvibes Don't use the debt anymore (if poss) I'll pay it off every month also. Didn't need it for the credit. It's a fun way to save a little for the next WDW trip, or cruise or? Too late to get any rewards for this trip, but gives me something to work towards.

We received our cards on Wednesday. We only have a $1000 limit. :( Guess that's better than no card at all and thinking maybe I should have applied under my name instead of dh's. Oh well...we'll use it for a year or so and then see about getting the credit limit increased if we need it. I was just hoping we got at least $3000 to pay off dh's car. (We have the money in savings, but was waiting so I could use the card for the rewards.) Anyway, dh and I are using our cards in lieu of our debit cards and I will be paying it off every 1-2 weeks. May be able to save somewhat by our trip in December, but I know it won't be much. It *IS* a cute card though. :sunny:

connorlevismom said:
I beg your pardon! Yes, I know my finances! I have been doing them in my marriage for 5 years and I also handle finanaces for a milti-million dollar company. So yes, I do know my finances. And no $5000.00 credit limit is NOT enough. Thank you very much. :confused3 If it seems silly to you, then I am sorry. But don't treat me like I am an idiot. By the way, why does it matter to ANYONE that I said the credit limit is not enough? Sorry to get so hostile bit I find this very rude.
Fair enough.

I once had about $80,000 in credit card limit across a handful of cards. I now make maybe 4x what I made then, and have one card with an $800 limit - pretty much just for emergencies. I tend to avoid credit and any agreements that go with it (except my mortgage, which everyone should have :) ). So, sorry to come down on you.

As you know, every company will have a formula to help make financial decisions. And knowing your finances inside and out (FICO score etc), leaves only the other side - that the formula Chase uses must simply be not for you. Sadly, your Chase application has impacted your FICO and thus your ability to get credit elsewhere, even if only slightly.

Personally, I decided against the Disney card. Seems like an awful lot of effort / risk / expense for a little payoff. I find I can easily get to "disney rewards" by just not buying something :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter