disney designer villains ( another fiasco?)

Which doll would you buy?

• All of them! Who can pick just one

• Maleficent

• the Evil queen

• Queen of hearts

• Ursula

• Mother gothel

• Cruella

• None

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lorilais_mommie

" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the
What do you think?

Dolls being released :

Cruella de vile
Maleficent
Evil queen
Queen of hearts
Ursula
Mother gothel

Price : 79.99 USD each

There will be 13,000 of each doll

im bought 3 of the princesses. im not going near the villains. although they are simply adorable, im not going to drop a couple hundred on the dolls! Maybe ill buy the journals of the villains, but that's it. I can justify that! I have a couple vacations to save up for an no room for those dolls.

Plus, last time I stressed out over the dolls. yes, I was there to get the last five released (not for me, but for two of my sisters) and that was a headache all in itself.

im going to put the money I would have spent towards these dolls into my wdw vacation!

I wonder if Disney is ready this time!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I missed out on all of the princesses. If I get a villain, it would be Mother Gothel because I love Tangled. If they ever make a Prince line, I'm so buying Flynn!

Interesting that the are making more of each doll and raised the price. I tried and tried for Rapunzel and kick myself for not getting Cindy when I saw her in the Disney Store. Oh well.

I saw them on Facebook and my purse started twitching.

I have 6 of the Princesses and feel a little disappointed to not have all 10. Not sure I can go through it all over again - having said that I probably will, I have no will power :rotfl:

I'f I'm going to stick to one or two, I'll aim for Ursula and the Evil Queen

Read this on FB last night and figured I's find a thread about the Villains on here this morning. HA!. I read some of the comments on FB about this and how Disney is releasing them in stores and everyone is complaining already. I think at the stores in may be a nightmare with the randomness aspect, but it might not be as bad as the Princesses. Here's why:

1. Villains. As someone stated already, not as widespread popular as princesses. True Disney fans & collectors will want them, but there won't be as high a demand. I don't see many little girls hounding their parenst for a Cruella doll.

2. They're $80.00. This will limit the ebayers etc from trying to buy up as many as possible. They upsell would have to be quite a bit to make a profit and the demand is not guaranteed.

3. Also as part of #2, the Villain dolls are not as limited as the Princesses. 13,000 of EACH Villain vs 4,000 - 8,000 of each princess. I am thinking that supply may meet or exceed demand.

4. Randomness at stores. Doesn'y matter if you are there at open or 5 mins before they hand out the tickets. Everyone has a fair shot. Some may forgo going to the stores all together because of this.

5. 1 per guest.

6. Finally, so many are so disappointed over the Princess fiasco, many just won't bother.

But it would be cool getting them all, if my DW and I had to choose one, it would be Maleficiant.

I definitely want some of the "stuff" - the tote and the polishes. I am considering Mother Gothel. I am really bummed that Ursula got the supermodel figure treatment, though - I would love to have seen a plus-size designer Ursula - that would have been my pick for sure.

These won't be nearly the nightmare that the Princesses were. 13,000 is a huge edition size - they'll sell out immediately in stores, but not online. Then a few will buy on ebay because they're unaware they can buy online at retail price. Once those are all flushed out, we'll be seeing ebay sellers begging to get $80 apiece.

I'm actually quite pleased about this upcoming release :)

I don't think it's going to be a fiasco either. In fact, I think it's going to be quite the opposite, so I'm going to sit back and see if I can pick them up for cheaper than costs down the road ;)

I think the size of the edition and price increase will make these pretty common. The size means these aren't really rare, nor will they be collectible with so many being made. However, the price makes them too expensive to be toys that girls can play with. In fact, I wouldn't be suprised to see them flop based on these two reasons.

But ebayers are going to try to pull a fast one and will either pre-order the sets or pick up the individual dolls. Since they're collectibles, they should be non-returnable. Meaning the ebayers are stuck with them. I hope to pick up the few I want at less than cost if some ebayers start to blow them out, or they go cheap in auction. If I'm wrong and I don't get the ones I want, no biggie, as again, I really don't think they'll be that collectible due to the large edition size....

I think it's great. I work at the Disneystore so we were able to purchase them and I got all of them (2 each) and kept one set for my granddaughter and the other set sold on ebay. The set on ebay, was lucky enough to get enough money to afford a disneyworld trip this summer and staying at the grand floridian for a week with my family. I'm planning on doing the same thing this year and hopefully it will pay for my next summer trip. Awesome.

I'm not even touching these dolls, I really can't afford to spend more money on designer dolls. If anything, maybe I'll buy the purse if it doesn't sell out too quickly.

I was able to get four of the princesses-Ariel, Cinderella, Snow White and Rapunzel, but that was because I stayed up to catch them online (except for Rapunzel, who was a gift from my bf). I am a little miffed by the randomness over who will get one in store and who will not. I'd hate to wait in store and not get one.

With that being said, while I think they are lovely, I am going to pass as I am not a huge fan of these ladies-though Mother Gothel does look splendid.

Good luck to everyone who hopes to get one!

I think it's great. I work at the Disneystore so we were able to purchase them and I got all of them (2 each) and kept one set for my granddaughter and the other set sold on ebay. The set on ebay, was lucky enough to get enough money to afford a disneyworld trip this summer and staying at the grand floridian for a week with my family. I'm planning on doing the same thing this year and hopefully it will pay for my next summer trip. Awesome.

TDS cast are not "allowed" to buy items and resell them on Ebay. Wish I knew what store you worked at..... And to brag about it on a public message board? :faint:

So, what store DO you work at, I am twitching to make a phone call. I am a TDS CM too, and you embarrassed me with your post and your actions. It is not part of our job to rip off guests on Ebay. :badpc:

WTG Pat:thumbsup2! Was not sure how to berate a supposedly fellow "CM":confused3. Got me really upset:furious: - glad she does not work at my store!

Anyhoo...I think the villian collection looks pretty cool hopefully the "better" way to sell the dolls won't bite us on the butt each Monday!:rolleyes1

Wish I knew how to report that poster to the store she works at....lame!

I'm so ready to get that journal and the nail polish......LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter