Disney Dining Plan 2015

MinaEskobar

Earning My Ears
Hey all! :)

So we will be heading off for trip no2 to disney in January 2015... Last time we went we paid through the nose for our trip and thus we got 'free disney dining' for our troubles, which was grand, however, this time round as we've since joined DVC, booked everything with our points but I can't seem to add on the dining plan to my itinerary, and I am assuming that this is because its too early? Does any one have any idea when I will be able to purchase it? And roughly how much more than last years prices it will be?

Many thanks for any help in advance! :cloud9:

Hey all! :)

So we will be heading off for trip no2 to disney in January 2015... Last time we went we paid through the nose for our trip and thus we got 'free disney dining' for our troubles, which was grand, however, this time round as we've since joined DVC, booked everything with our points but I can't seem to add on the dining plan to my itinerary, and I am assuming that this is because its too early? Does any one have any idea when I will be able to purchase it? And roughly how much more than last years prices it will be?

Many thanks for any help in advance! :cloud9:

Packages will be available for booking sometime this summer, which is probably when you will be able to add the DDP to your reservation. The cost for the 2014 DDP increased in March of this year, so I'm not sure what the cost will be for 2015.

Packages will be available for booking sometime this summer, which is probably when you will be able to add the DDP to your reservation. The cost for the 2014 DDP increased in March of this year, so I'm not sure what the cost will be for 2015.

Does this mean I might get it for 2014 price you think? Anyone have any idea? :) Trying to plan out my budget!

If the 2015 price increases from the 2014 price, you will not get it at the 2014 price. The only way you will get the 2014 price is if they don't increase prices again when the 2015 rates are established. We don't know if they will or not.

It won't be made available to DVC members until the 2015 packages and prices are established. You'll pay whatever the going price is for the dates of your trip, at the time you add it to the reservation.

Is the DDP worth the money? .. We are going in August 6 nights at the GF .. Im deciding between the Deluxe or Disney dining or no dining at all .. so confused :confused:

Whether it's "worth the money" is mostly a personal thing, because under certain circumstances depending on your party's makeup and where you eat and what you order you can actually save money on it; under other situations you will have to struggle to save money, and in some circumstances you may actually lose money on the deal. You also have to factor in whether the "convenience" of having your meals prepaid has any value for you over the strict monetary value.

I like to be able top prepay the meals and then go and not worry about the spending. I expect I break even best case.

Is the DDP worth the money? .. We are going in August 6 nights at the GF .. Im deciding between the Deluxe or Disney dining or no dining at all .. so confused :confused:

We really got the most of it when we went, it allowed us to eat in the california grill more than once, and it was great to go and not have to think about assigning money for eating (other than tips) because we'd already pre purchased our food (for the most part! -Towards the end we ran out of snack credits!) We ate steak and bison from the menus and enjoyed the best of what the menus had to offer, we loved eating lots of awesome snacks in Epcot (thats where the credits were vacuumed!), the only thing I can think is if you weren't big eaters, or maybe actually just liked the cheaper things on the menus, then perhaps it would be better just to save up cash and put it aside. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter