Disney Dream 2.21-25

Amy45888

Earning My Ears
Hi all! Appreciate the previous posts from others so I thought I would share my post. This is our second Disney cruise, first being a year before the pandemic. I will share what were differences:
- masks - masks are to be worn anytime indoors, approaching a food area buffet or counter service. Annoying but understandable. Felt worst for the workers that have to mask up for 12 hours a day
- dance parties - there were some dance parties on the second and third night which was nice but we missed the sail away dance party and formal pirate night. There were still bandanas and folks dressed up, but wasn’t the same
- princess and character photos - you could talk to them but you couldn’t pose for a photo without your mask, also had to stand 6 feet away. Kids were a bit bummed since the autograph book had been a very exciting thing for them before
- bippity bop - mask on the whole time. While still magical, a bit less so when you can’t see any expressions
- beauty and the beast - every other row was closed for seating, no popcorn/food or drinks in the theater
- kids club - strict reservations. We had dinners at palo, remy and a few tastings. Was complicated to extend times. No longer free play, it’s now a circuit and you have to stay with the group. Neither of my kids particularly liked it and said old kids club was way better.

Things that were great:
- everyone was lovely. Loved our server team at the restaurants and they really helped make the experience special foe the kiddos
- palo and remy, still amazing!
- great margarita and champagne tastings
- castaway - still the best place!
- onboard and disembark- easy
- pre- testing - no big deal

our friends who had not gone before absolutely loved it. While we did still love it, the differences were noticeable and did take some luster off.

hope this is helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter