Disney Dream: December 10, 2018 Very Merrytime Bahamas cruise

TheMcNicols

Earning My Ears
Looks like I get to start this thread....we are taking our youngest granddaughter on her first Disney Cruise (okay, mine, too, but hubby has done it twice with his late wife but many years ago).

Last edited:
Looking forward to it! This will be our 4th cruise. We’ve sailed on the Magic, Wonder, and Fantasy so we are excited to try the Dream. You will love it and so will she! We have a couple of cruise videos on my husband’s channel if you’d like to check them out. We love watching people’s videos because it gets us excited for our trip. We’ve never done a Merrytime but from what I’ve seen on YouTube it looks amazing. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClh4qs0H7_jfGP9_mM8F17A

Looking forward to it! This will be our 4th cruise. We’ve sailed on the Magic, Wonder, and Fantasy so we are excited to try the Dream. You will love it and so will she! We have a couple of cruise videos on my husband’s channel if you’d like to check them out. We love watching people’s videos because it gets us excited for our trip. We’ve never done a Merrytime but from what I’ve seen on YouTube it looks amazing. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClh4qs0H7_jfGP9_mM8F17A

I'l send the link to hubby, he loves watching videos. Me - not so much. LOL! He and his late wife cruised back in the Big Red Boat days as a couple and then again when their twin granddaughters were 4 (they are now 22). They were on the Wonder. This is a Disney cruise first for me.

We will be on this cruise! It will be all of our (mine, my husband and our 3 year old daughter’s first cruise)

We are doing 2 weeks at Disney World before the cruise which will be our daughter’s first trip there too. We are from New Zealand so it is a long way to come. We are so excited!

Our family will be there! We are a family of 6 and are all excited for our very first Disney Cruise (well, the kids will be when we finally tell them). Is this the discussion board for participating in the Fish Extenders? I am very new to this so please let me know if I am in the wrong spot.

Hi, My name is Donnetta and I am traveling with two of my best friends Whitney (second Disney cruise) and Stephanie (first Disney cruise). This will be my 15th Disney cruise. I have done a Grand Slam, but the Magic is home to me. I used to do DCL every year since DCL started with my mom and my daughter Dani. Then in 2007 I lost my 13yr Dani. She was a Diser a well. There is more about her in the In Memoriam section on these boards. Disney trated my family like royalty that vacation year. Disney is a First Class opertaion...so I'm trying to convince Stephanie who has 3 kids. Anyway we are excited, never been on a Christmas cruise before.

So excited this will be our first Disney Cruise! (Just hubby and I - empty nesters). It’s also our first cruise ever! I grew up with the Disney parks (FL native), but just have never gotten around to doing a cruise (crazy since we live 15 minutes from Port Canaveral!). We were sitting here wishing for a holiday Disney trip and browsing resort availability when we decided to compare rates with a Disney Cruise instead...I’m so happpy we did!!!

We came across this thread when we learned about the fish extenders so yes Kristen I think this is where we can discuss...I know the idea has peaked our interest.

My family of 4 is cruising for the first time EVER! Of course, it would be with Mickey! :) We are so excited, but my girls are a little nervous also. I was thinking the fish extenders might be a way to give them something to plan for and focus on to calm their jitters.

Has everyone got your on-line check in and activities booked?

This is our first cruise so we were only eligible for online check in yesterday. Did it and booked a Frozen Meet and Greet which will be cool. We wanted to do the Frozen package at Bibbidi Bobbidi as well, but the only times were after the meet and greet so now we aren’t sure. (my daughter really wanted to be dressed as Elsa when she met Elsa)

I’m getting so excited about this cruise!

We did (on-line check in and activities booking) . . . We were able to get the Frozen and Princess meet and greets for our college-age daughters, both of whom love everything Disney. Looking forward to it! Wife also signed us up for the Fish Extenders and several swaps through the FB group we referenced above.

Just booked the GT rate! We have free dining at wed dec 14-21 and had planned to do universal and shopping the week before but decided to jump on this price and see what the gty fairy gives us!! First time on a dcl less than 7 nights! We are gold cruisers. Will be myself and my 22 yr old daughter.

Thanks for the tip on the FB group, just sent my request to join. I haven't been here in a while...too much life going on. LOL!

Hi All!! My husband and I are taking our 3 boys (ages 4, 9, and 13) on their first cruise--and, this will be our family's first Disney Cruise! We're super excited and can't wait to set sail!

Hi All!! My husband and I are taking our 3 boys (ages 4, 9, and 13) on their first cruise--and, this will be our family's first Disney Cruise! We're super excited and can't wait to set sail!
Welcome aboard!!!! Can't wait to sail with you as well. FB has a group as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter