Disney Fantasy 7 Night Western Caribbean – March 16-23, 2019

Has anyone seen the sting rays at Castaway Cay? I have kids who want to see the sting rays, but I'm trying to decide whether to book a port excursion to see them at GC, or book the activity at Castaway Cay. Thanks.

Hey Tommy! We did the Stingray feeding at CC in December, and my kids loved it! We had the first time slot of the day, and it was chilly, but once we were in the water, it wasn't so bad. The sun also started to come out at that time (and I'm hoping in March it may be even warmer than mid-December!) The attendants had floating structures they have used to train the rays, and they showed us how to hold the food (seemed most like fish and other raw seafood) as the rays passed over our hands. They told us their names and a little about their background, as well as encouraged us to pet them as they went by. After the feeding was over, we were able to snorkel in that part of the water for awhile, which was pretty neat! I would definitely recommend doing it, my kids and I enjoyed it very much!

Will there be any Latecomers Fish Extender groups? We are booking today for this cruise with the last minute military discount... If not, any other alternatives?

Anyone have recommendations on how to do a day or two at WDW before the cruise? My teenage girls just want to do Epcot for one day. Is there a good discount to get on a single day pass? Ideas?

Anyone have recommendations on how to do a day or two at WDW before the cruise? My teenage girls just want to do Epcot for one day. Is there a good discount to get on a single day pass? Ideas?

When I checked, SOG was full for most of March, but you can check again and see if any availability opened up. I did book our stay for 6 nights at Art of Animation under the "Salute to Armed Forces" rate, for about 2/3 of the normal price. To find out about that, you need to call Disney and ask what rates they have for the days you want to stay. Im' not sure about 1 or 2-day tickets, but you can get a 4 or 5-day park hopper for about half of the normal price. You'll also receive discounted rates on the dining plan, as well as the PhotoPass if you want to get that. Additionally, if you're flying into Orlando, you'll get free transportation from the airport to the resort you stay at, then you can arrange (and pay for) ground transportation from your resort to the cruise, and later from the cruise to the airport. I'm having a Disney travel agent coordinate everything and can share her name with you, if you'd like. I would highly recommend using one if you're doing land & sea, to make sure nothing gets missed. It's done at no cost to you! :)

Will there be any Latecomers Fish Extender groups? We are booking today for this cruise with the last minute military discount... If not, any other alternatives?
I wish I had known about last minute Military discounts. When we booked at Christmas they never said this cruise had any Military discounts.

I wish I had known about last minute Military discounts. When we booked at Christmas they never said this cruise had any Military discounts.
They only post the discounted military rate for this sailing about 2 weeks ago. Usually it's 30-60 days before the cruise. If you look on the Disney Cruise website, under "special offers" you can see what is available. The most I've seen them go out is about 3 months, but usually it's less than that. You may be able to call and see if they'll honor the military rate though, can't hurt to ask!

Hey there! I lost our conversation because some posts got deleted and put you back under the threshold for messaging. I know you're already signed up in our latecomers group, but I wanted to ask which day your kids' birthdays are... I may have a special surprise for them! )Or I'll just pick a random day to birthday-dust your cabin, if I don't hear back from you ;) )

Facebook down, hopefully, people from there know about this page.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter