Disney Fantasy - May 20th/27th - Our 8th Disney cruise

Qc-007

<font color=blue>Bonjour, Chantale, bienvenu au DI
We came back home a couple of days ago. Here were our observations and experiences on the Fantasy for the May 20th cruise. We are a late 50’s couple without kids.

We traveled by car from Walt Disney World. We arrived at Port Canaveral about 75 minutes before our scheduled embarkation time (12h00). Left our luggage with the porter. Easy, quick and efficient. Parked in the multi level parking. More than enough spaces.

Clear indications to enter the Terminal. You can enter when your embarkation time has arrived. An employee saw us standing close, because our time had not arrived yet. She let us through a bit early. Went through security (quick and easy)

In the terminal, the groups were called pretty much on time. So, we got in at noon…or very close to that time. There is no pictures taken before entering the ship (but you can do it in the Terminal…a bit hidden). We got in quickly and went directly to Cabanas.

We tried different food this time at Cabanas. Look for the meat cutting station if it‘s something you could be into. In fact, it’s always a good idea to go at the end of the buffet (towards the back of the ship). Less people, good offering. For breakfast, I always recommend the omelet station (you can also order scrambled eggs). The muffins are cakey, but good. Pineapples were great. Don’t forget to have the Mickey waffles churros (one day only).

We found the ship in great shape and mostly very clean. The crew is always cleaning, especially the public restroom. They always smell nice…and I have a policy to never breathe by the nose in a public restroom. Here, not a problem.

We were upgraded to cabin 7668 from a VGT. We, of course, did our research, but it was still nice to see in person. We struggled with the water coming out of the barrier free shower, but we adapted quickly. Shower head has to be facing the floor… That way, we were fine and the shower carpet stayed dry. What a balcony for this cabin ! Very roomy cabin, with two closets. Only one bathroom, but we managed fine.

Our stateroom host (Kenneth) was perfect, even though he said that making our cabin was very easy (We don’t need much else than clean towels and our bed to be made).

Dinner experiences: Our waiting staff was very good. Assistant server made a couple of mistakes, but nothing to important and he ajusted well. We did the rotation, except for Pirates night (we went to Palo…more in this later). Menus were the same as last cruise(s?). A bit disappointing, but we knew that the changes are very rare. So, most of the meals were good…but nothing surprised. At Enchanted, the Marjoram chicken was good. At Animator’s palate, the ginger-teryaki tenderloin was pretty good. At Prince and Princesses diner, the sirloin was tender…for about half the portion. The rest needed more love and attention. Desserts are fine without being spectacular (but it could be the fact that we know them too much…).

We asked for a table for two…and almost got it. There was another couple at our table, but because of our and their adult restaurant reservations, we saw each other only twice. They were nice people from Florida. They were mostly private, but it was fine.

We went to Palo on Pirate’s night. It was our first since the new menu, but at least our 9th visit historically. Again, an excellent experience. Great service, great food. Nothing bad to say here.

We took only one tour this time around. It was the Chocolate, honey and tequila experience in Cozumel. We appreciated the tour and we learned a couple of things. I recommend the tour if you like these three things and you want an easy outing. But, expect to be asked (even if they repeat that it’s not expected) tips at every turn. We, of course, gave tips to the driver and the guide.

We chose to stay on board at Grand Caïman and Falmouth. Good decision for two reasons. Way less people on the ship, especially in the morning. Also, it rained in the afternoon (Quite a lot in Falmouth).

We did two tastings and they were both great. We highly recommend the Dessert experience at Remy. The crème brûlée (different approach, but very tasty), the fraise Calamansi (very fresh and fragrant) and the citron (wow! Did I say wow ?) were the highlights. Even if the Paris Brest was not exactly to our liking, the pâte à choux was incredible.

We did the Chocolate and liquor tasting for the second time. Again, a great experience. Even had an extra whisky because people didn’t show up. Thank you to these people !

It was one of the smoothest rides on a Disney ships…until the last night. The seas were rough. The hangers kept clanging against each other and the closet doors were constantly opening. The wife kept from going to the bathroom, so she would not feel the movement as much. She doesn’t fare well during these times. We made it through and everything calmed down when we approached the port early in the morning.

Overall, a very good cruise. We wish to stay healthy and comme back for our ninth Disney cruise in the near future. I know some don’t like older Disney adults, without kids, but we can’t stay away for too long ! 😜

Jean-Marc and Chantal
Quebec, Canada

P.S.: If you have any question, feel free to ask. I will do my best to answer quickly.

We came back home a couple of days ago. Here were our observations and experiences on the Fantasy for the May 20th cruise. We are a late 50’s couple without kids.

We traveled by car from Walt Disney World. We arrived at Port Canaveral about 75 minutes before our scheduled embarkation time (12h00). Left our luggage with the porter. Easy, quick and efficient. Parked in the multi level parking. More than enough spaces.

Clear indications to enter the Terminal. You can enter when your embarkation time has arrived. An employee saw us standing close, because our time had not arrived yet. She let us through a bit early. Went through security (quick and easy)

In the terminal, the groups were called pretty much on time. So, we got in at noon…or very close to that time. There is no pictures taken before entering the ship (but you can do it in the Terminal…a bit hidden). We got in quickly and went directly to Cabanas.

We tried different food this time at Cabanas. Look for the meat cutting station if it‘s something you could be into. In fact, it’s always a good idea to go at the end of the buffet (towards the back of the ship). Less people, good offering. For breakfast, I always recommend the omelet station (you can also order scrambled eggs). The muffins are cakey, but good. Pineapples were great. Don’t forget to have the Mickey waffles churros (one day only).

We found the ship in great shape and mostly very clean. The crew is always cleaning, especially the public restroom. They always smell nice…and I have a policy to never breathe by the nose in a public restroom. Here, not a problem.

We were upgraded to cabin 7668 from a VGT. We, of course, did our research, but it was still nice to see in person. We struggled with the water coming out of the barrier free shower, but we adapted quickly. Shower head has to be facing the floor… That way, we were fine and the shower carpet stayed dry. What a balcony for this cabin ! Very roomy cabin, with two closets. Only one bathroom, but we managed fine.

Our stateroom host (Kenneth) was perfect, even though he said that making our cabin was very easy (We don’t need much else than clean towels and our bed to be made).

Dinner experiences: Our waiting staff was very good. Assistant server made a couple of mistakes, but nothing to important and he ajusted well. We did the rotation, except for Pirates night (we went to Palo…more in this later). Menus were the same as last cruise(s?). A bit disappointing, but we knew that the changes are very rare. So, most of the meals were good…but nothing surprised. At Enchanted, the Marjoram chicken was good. At Animator’s palate, the ginger-teryaki tenderloin was pretty good. At Prince and Princesses diner, the sirloin was tender…for about half the portion. The rest needed more love and attention. Desserts are fine without being spectacular (but it could be the fact that we know them too much…).

We asked for a table for two…and almost got it. There was another couple at our table, but because of our and their adult restaurant reservations, we saw each other only twice. They were nice people from Florida. They were mostly private, but it was fine.

We went to Palo on Pirate’s night. It was our first since the new menu, but at least our 9th visit historically. Again, an excellent experience. Great service, great food. Nothing bad to say here.

We took only one tour this time around. It was the Chocolate, honey and tequila experience in Cozumel. We appreciated the tour and we learned a couple of things. I recommend the tour if you like these three things and you want an easy outing. But, expect to be asked (even if they repeat that it’s not expected) tips at every turn. We, of course, gave tips to the driver and the guide.

We chose to stay on board at Grand Caïman and Falmouth. Good decision for two reasons. Way less people on the ship, especially in the morning. Also, it rained in the afternoon (Quite a lot in Falmouth).

We did two tastings and they were both great. We highly recommend the Dessert experience at Remy. The crème brûlée (different approach, but very tasty), the fraise Calamansi (very fresh and fragrant) and the citron (wow! Did I say wow ?) were the highlights. Even if the Paris Brest was not exactly to our liking, the pâte à choux was incredible.

We did the Chocolate and liquor tasting for the second time. Again, a great experience. Even had an extra whisky because people didn’t show up. Thank you to these people !

It was one of the smoothest rides on a Disney ships…until the last night. The seas were rough. The hangers kept clanging against each other and the closet doors were constantly opening. The wife kept from going to the bathroom, so she would not feel the movement as much. She doesn’t fare well during these times. We made it through and everything calmed down when we approached the port early in the morning.

Overall, a very good cruise. We wish to stay healthy and comme back for our ninth Disney cruise in the near future. I know some don’t like older Disney adults, without kids, but we can’t stay away for too long ! 😜

Jean-Marc and Chantal
Quebec, Canada

P.S.: If you have any question, feel free to ask. I will do my best to answer quickly.
Forgot to mention that we found two ducks ! A medium blue on was hidden on the blue carpet (nice touch), near the midship (?) stairs. We quickly hid it somewhere else. Fun ! We found another one (small and yellow) after a show at Walt Disney theater. We kept that one, for our next cruise ! Keep an eye open ! 😅

We also found a small plastic Mirabel…but we guess it was not intentional ! She will surely be back on a ship…somewhere !

JM & C

Jean-Marc and Chantal
Quebec, Canada

Thank you for your trip report! It sounds like you had a great time. I’m sad to hear that some don’t like older Disney adults without kids. I don’t understand why. If the adults stay with adult activities, what harm can that be?

I am a bit curious as to why you said that some don't like older Disney adults without kids? We have been on 10 DCL cruises and really never felt like we weren't wanted? We are late 50's, no kids. We don't get the extra special treatment that the families do for sure. I am hoping it hasn't changed markedly since we last cruised in 2020. I am already second guessing our cruises that i have booked. :)

I am a bit curious as to why you said that some don't like older Disney adults without kids? We have been on 10 DCL cruises and really never felt like we weren't wanted? We are late 50's, no kids. We don't get the extra special treatment that the families do for sure. I am hoping it hasn't changed markedly since we last cruised in 2020. I am already second guessing our cruises that i have booked. :)
We didn't notice anything on our 2023 Christmas Trip - not even when we were inline to see Santa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter