• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed a Kroger digital coupon this morning for 4x fuel points on gift cards till 9/30. AND there is a separate coupon for 4x on MasterCard and Visa fixed value cards. Odd that there are two coupons since the general 4x coupon always works on the Visa/Mastercard fixed value cards. I wonder if purchasing a Visa gift card will trigger both coupons for 8x???
in oregon we do not get 4x points on visa/mc with the other gift cards. i checked my fredmeyer(kroger)coupons and the mc/visa one was not offered. i then went to kroger.com and was able to add the mc/visa one. now to see if it will work in store.

Did you just use 3 different email/credit card combos?

Yep. Used my name with 2 different e-mails and 2 different CC's and used DW's name with a different e-mail and CC. As for my physical address my street name can be used as either one word or two, so on the first two I used it one way and on the third with my wife's name I used it the other. On the fourth attempt I used my wife's name again with another CC and it kicked it back, can't remember what address I tried. I should have tried again with another CC and email but using my parents address. Maybe next time.

This may be a silly question, but I know this is where the experts are ;)

If I get a Disney e-gift card from Disney store or Disney gift card site online, do they come pretty fast? And can I transfer them to a physical card with the Disney gift card site?
I see others have replied, but here's my experience.
I ordered a Disney e-gift card from Target. I had it exactly four hours later and loaded it into disneygiftcard.com right after, combined it with an existing physical card, and boom. Done.
It says on the Disney Store site and the Target site that the e-gift cards can be used for the parks, tickets, resort stays, etc.

I'm definitely going e-gift card from now on. The last time Fed Ex "delivered" gift cards to me, they left them hanging on my neighbors' front door. This was after spending an hour with them and Walmart on the phone (gift cards were from Walmart) explaining in detail how to get to my house. Their first attempt said I had given them the wrong address and/or was no longer living at the address, the second attempt said I wasn't home, and the third attempt they left them at my neighbors'. Granted, it's a rural area with a long gravel driveway involved, but they'd promised to call me if they didn't personally hand the cards to me (I stayed home all day waiting). They never called, just left the package at the wrong address and left. That was $250 worth of gift cards hanging on a front door handle.

I hate Fed Ex.

Sorry for the rant.

I see others have replied, but here's my experience.
I ordered a Disney e-gift card from Target. I had it exactly four hours later and loaded it into disneygiftcard.com right after, combined it with an existing physical card, and boom. Done.
It says on the Disney Store site and the Target site that the e-gift cards can be used for the parks, tickets, resort stays, etc.

I'm definitely going e-gift card from now on. The last time Fed Ex "delivered" gift cards to me, they left them hanging on my neighbors' front door. This was after spending an hour with them and Walmart on the phone (gift cards were from Walmart) explaining in detail how to get to my house. Their first attempt said I had given them the wrong address and/or was no longer living at the address, the second attempt said I wasn't home, and the third attempt they left them at my neighbors'. Granted, it's a rural area with a long gravel driveway involved, but they'd promised to call me if they didn't personally hand the cards to me (I stayed home all day waiting). They never called, just left the package at the wrong address and left. That was $250 worth of gift cards hanging on a front door handle.

I hate Fed Ex.

Sorry for the rant.

The same exact thing happened to me! I ordered the Amex Walmart gift card deal a few weeks ago. No tracking info given (just estimated delivery) Called Walmart two days after it said it should be delivered. Told me it had been delivered 2 days ago. I went outside to search....and low and behold there was a white bubble envelope laying on the ground on our side entrance (it's quite evident we never use it)...omg...I don't know how it did not fly away! I was so flippin mad It was also fedex that delivered. I've had numerous deliveries from them and they've never left stuff there!

Yep. Used my name with 2 different e-mails and 2 different CC's and used DW's name with a different e-mail and CC. As for my physical address my street name can be used as either one word or two, so on the first two I used it one way and on the third with my wife's name I used it the other. On the fourth attempt I used my wife's name again with another CC and it kicked it back, can't remember what address I tried. I should have tried again with another CC and email but using my parents address. Maybe next time.
The address thing really shouldn't matter. They should be processing the address through a postal database to standardize it before anything else. Even if you type it differently, they'll get the full address. The one time it failed is probably because you changed it just enough that it couldn't be properly matched to the database.

I apologize if this has been asked before (can hear the groaning now, lol).

I'm looking at applying for the Target red DEBIT card. In the fine print section it says: Target gift cards and prepaid cards, Stockpile and Gift of College gift cards. Does this mean that if I buy Disney gift cards using the card, that I will NOT get the 5% discount? Or does it only apply to Target gift cards?

Thank you.

I'm looking at applying for the Target red DEBIT card. In the fine print section it says: Target gift cards and prepaid cards, Stockpile and Gift of College gift cards. Does this mean that if I buy Disney gift cards using the card, that I will NOT get the 5% discount? Or does it only apply to Target gift cards?

Thank you.

Disney gift cards, and other 3rd party cards, will get the 5% discount. No discount for Target gift cards or the prepaid Visa/MC/Amex cards (or apparently whatever Stockpile and Gift of College is :) have to look those up now)

Thank you.
FWIW: do not ask a cashier or customer service rep if you'll get 5% off, their answer will be no. If you are wary (I was!) buy the smallest Disney gift card you can buy and then check your receipt (the discount won't show until the charge has been made to the card). You can confirm if the 5% came off for yourself right there!

FWIW: do not ask a cashier or customer service rep if you'll get 5% off, their answer will be no. If you are wary (I was!) buy the smallest Disney gift card you can buy and then check your receipt (the discount won't show until the charge has been made to the card). You can confirm if the 5% came off for yourself right there!

That's actually pretty good advice for anywhere that has deals like this. As a similar situation and as I posted before in this thread the first time I used a Best buy Card to get a Dis GC the cashier said he didn't think it would work. I told him their system would allow it and also a little white lie that I had done it before, figured it added more credibility:). He said Ok and rang it and of course it worked and he said that that was good to know. A few days later I had another BB GC and ended up with the same cashier and he didn't bat an eye that time.

At Target I have had some cashiers look at the screen and see the price difference after using the Red Card and looked really surprised. Like the one last night when I got $700 worth and she did a double take after she told me the new amount with the Red Card A couple even told me that they would do that next time they were going to Disney. I have had other cashiers tell me they do the same thing when they are planning a trip to Disney.

If anyone tries this, please report back. I'm seeing a lot of negative reviews for the app and I'm reluctant to give them a try.

The top of the page is saying that the deal has now expired, but it's easy to miss

Yesterday I purchased a $500 e-gift card straight from Disney. Crazy, I know, but it was to quickly meet the $500 spend on my new Disney Premier Visa that will result in a $200 Disney gift card.

What an ordeal. They had to call to verify my identity, and nearly 24 hours later, I still don't have the card in my email inbox.

I guess I can understand the need to verify, but couldn't they go ahead and send the card then?

Ah, well. If I get anymore, they'll be from Target.

Thank you.

Anytime I make a purchase with my Target red Debit Card, the discounted price shows up on the pay pad (I have no idea what those things are called) after I insert the red Card, and before I enter my pin, so you can actually see the discounted price before you pay.

ETA: I'm thinking now it's because I have a chip card and not sure if a swipe card gives you the same information....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter