Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many Kroger fuel points can you have a month? I know it's a max discount of $1 per gallon (1000 fuel points).

I need another $1000 in Disney gift cards. I'm considering just getting them with Kroger's 4x fuel points this weekend. We drive 3 gas guzzlers and the fuel points should be good through the end of April. :)

How many Kroger fuel points can you have a month? I know it's a max discount of $1 per gallon (1000 fuel points).

I need another $1000 in Disney gift cards. I'm considering just getting them with Kroger's 4x fuel points this weekend. We drive 3 gas guzzlers and the fuel points should be good through the end of April. :)

Answering myself from Kroger's website---

No, there is not a limit on the number of fuel points you can earn.

I've used pre-paid Visas and MCs at Best Buy with PINs and have still gotten Swagbucks credit. SB uses a QR code to track your purchase - it doesn't care the form of payment you use.

Totally this, I agree. SB is looking at your sub-total of eligible purchases, not how you paid. The SB terms exclude warranty purchases and indeed I got credit for the subtotal amount of our refrigerator only. (So I take that as a sign Best Buy is paying out on the GC purchases even though SB has that language in it, since they correctly transmitted just the appliance info. Since this has been going on for over a year now, I'd think even SB could figure out if they're losing money at this point :) )

The only reason I believe we cared about a "payment" method before was the BB rewards certs. We think of them as a payment, but they're really a coupon which is applied before payment and affects the subtotal amount. Since that's what SB is using to determine the bonus amount, that was a fair warning for all when doing this deal. Now that rewards certs can't be used on GCs, it doesn't really matter anymore :(

It was a nice run when you could do GC > GC at Best Buy. I got at least one GC paid for just with the bonuses of others, that were paid for with SB cash out GC's. Not as great as previous churning methods but one of the last true churns. I wonder with all the latest restrictions if we'll ever find a real churn again.

I don't know. Usually the ad states if it entertainment only or restaurant only, etc. but this time it did not. I'm asking before I purchase.

If it doesn't say then it's on all of them. The only time it's not on all of them it'll specify which it's on. Also, your store should have signage up that further specifies if it's only certain ones.

If it doesn't say then it's on all of them. The only time it's not on all of them it'll specify which it's on. Also, your store should have signage up that further specifies if it's only certain ones.
The last time a 4X came up (early Feb) there were no signs in our store, only the information provided on the digital coupon site for entertainment and restaurants. Luckily Happy Guy was on the list. Guess Home Depot is entertainment for guys!!!!!!
Does anyone know if the 3 day 4X is a one time coupon?

The last time a 4X came up (early Feb) there were no signs in our store, only the information provided on the digital coupon site for entertainment and restaurants. Luckily Happy Guy was on the list. Guess Home Depot is entertainment for guys!!!!!!
Does anyone know if the 3 day 4X is a one time coupon?

Usually the coupon stays good for the full weekend, no matter how many times it’s used. Same with the Visa and MC gc’s.

Are the Disney gift cards included in the 4x fuel points this weekend?

I don't know. Usually the ad states if it entertainment only or restaurant only, etc. but this time it did not. I'm asking before I purchase.

I believe it is Restaurants and Entertainment. But I could swear we just had this promotion recently.
Link:
[URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-gift-card-deals.2941964/page-1872#post-60309950"]Post #3734[/URL]

I've never bought gift cards from Kroger . com but let's say I don't live in a state or near one and I don't have a rewards card, can outsiders still get in on the action?

I thought there was away around that. And what gas station would someone use instead? I do believe the 4x Fuel would work, I remember seeing a banner online.

To answer my own question, YES this is possible.
"To be eligible for this promotion, simply sign in to your Kroger account (create a new account if you haven’t already), add the coupon to your account, and purchase the participating gift cards!"

Plus
"This promotional coupon can be used multiple times before the expiration, so make sure to swing by this week to get the most out of this promotion!
  • Availability: In-store and online
Link: https://www.hustlermoneyblog.com/kroger-4x-fuel-rewards-promotion/

Usually the coupon stays good for the full weekend, no matter how many times it’s used. Same with the Visa and MC gc’s.

I realize it's been posted here by many they were able to do so, but in my experience in Michigan it was a one & done deal. The coupon typically disappears once used. I really hope I can take advantage of the $100 Visa for three days. That would be so awesome!

I realize it's been posted here by many they were able to do so, but in my experience in Michigan it was a one & done deal. The coupon typically disappears once used. I really hope I can take advantage of the $100 Visa for three days. That would be so awesome!

I guess we should should say YMMV. Mine have always stayed on the app until the promotion is over. I’m in Ohio in case that helps anyone. Our gc promotion also doesn’t seem to be limited to restaurants and entertainment. It appears to be for all third party gift cards based on the info I’ve seen so far anyway.

@FoxC63 I wonder if this would work...if your digital coupons disappear on first use, try putting a different state’s zip code into the Kroger app as your home store and see if the coupon comes back.

@FoxC63 I wonder if this would work...if your digital coupons disappear on first use, try putting a different state’s zip code into the Kroger app as your home store and see if the coupon comes back.

Well now, look at you! What a great tip! Never thought of that :ssst:

So after getting excited about being able to use Kroger fuel points at Shell stations (because our Kroger doesn't have gas), I searched and learned that it excludes stations in MO and LA...and of course I live in MO!

We haven't done it before, but decided to try to double up a bit. We got three Visa cards (they sell them up to $200), then used those to get Disney cards. If you max out the 30 gallons (we do), that works out to a little over a 20% discount even factoring in the fee on the Visa card. We also used our Disney visa to buy the Visa cards, so that'll add towards our redemption card. So essentially a little over 21% off.

For our last couple WDW trips, we've paid exclusively with Giant Eagle purchased Disney gift cards. With the 6% grocery store rebate on the CC + the free gas, we ended up saving ~17% off the cost of our last trip. Like you, we max out on the 30 gallons. The bonus this time was on any gift card so we bought 6 $500 Disney ones.

For our last couple WDW trips, we've paid exclusively with Giant Eagle purchased Disney gift cards. With the 6% grocery store rebate on the CC + the free gas, we ended up saving ~17% off the cost of our last trip. Like you, we max out on the 30 gallons. The bonus this time was on any gift card so we bought 6 $500 Disney ones.

That's awesome! I have a couple credit cards, but they don't offer that much. 1.5% back is the best card I have.

Next time buy the Visa cards, then use them for the disney cards. It's a little more effort, but you'll save even more! This is the first time I've done it, and it was easy. I ordered from the website, and the Visa cards were here two days later. The website can be a pain though, sometimes for some reason it won't go through (I've had this problem in the past too, not just recently). It took me a couple times to get 3 $200 Visa cards. Then when I got the Visa cards, two of them worked no problem for disney cards. The third one I tried for two days and it just wouldn't work. I just went to the store today and bought the other disney card, no problems.

That's awesome! I have a couple credit cards, but they don't offer that much. 1.5% back is the best card I have.

Next time buy the Visa cards, then use them for the disney cards. It's a little more effort, but you'll save even more! This is the first time I've done it, and it was easy. I ordered from the website, and the Visa cards were here two days later. The website can be a pain though, sometimes for some reason it won't go through (I've had this problem in the past too, not just recently). It took me a couple times to get 3 $200 Visa cards. Then when I got the Visa cards, two of them worked no problem for disney cards. The third one I tried for two days and it just wouldn't work. I just went to the store today and bought the other disney card, no problems.
FYI--some stores don't allow this. I was told by a cashier and manager that using a prepaid visa to buy a gift card was against store policy. I still do it--just use self checkout now:) Also, you have to make sure the fuel points are enough to offset the activation fee. For me, I estimate I save 12% back if I go from Amex Gold to Disney when it's 4x fuel points and 14% if I add in buying a visa and using that to pay for the Disney gift card. So it's only 2 percentage points more for me. Also, you have to be able to manage the fuel points since you're getting twice as much. It's usually not an issue for me but I can use 2,000+ per fill up.

Those using a Visa Gc to buy Disney GC, is anyone getting an ID check even at self checkout? I remember a while back that was going on so I haven't tried since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter