Disney+ In Resort & DVC Rooms

ajiuo

Practically Perfect In Every Way
I’m in the process of buying a AKV contract, so I’m a bit new to DVC. I noticed that free DVD rental is touted as a DVC perk. Do any of the DVC Villas or hotel rooms even have DVD players? I stayed in a AKL hotel room in early 2020… there wasn’t a DVD player in there.

Why doesn’t Disney just put Disney+ and maybe even Hulu in the hotel and DVC rooms? Seems like it would add a little value for resort guests… especially with them eliminating other onsite perks such as DME.

MONEY.... They want you at the parks spending money. You are right about room has a Blu ray. You need to bring your own if you are picky. The community hall has a selection

If you want to view a steaming service you need to bring your own fire stick and/or a HMI cord.

After the renovation, saratoga didn't have dvd/bluray players. Unless they hid it in the murphy bed.

MONEY.... They want you at the parks spending money. You are right about room has a Blu ray. You need to bring your own if you are picky. The community hall has a selection

If you want to view a steaming service you need to bring your own fire stick and/or a HMI cord.
Are you allowed tohook stuff up to the tv? I’d bring my Apple TV if that is the case. I do spend most time in the parks. But I like to fall asleep watching tv.

I brought an nvidia shield to connect to my Plex server back home. Once I changed the source on the TV to the correct HDMI port, it worked fine. I am sure a firestick or apple TV should be just as good.
Keep in mind that this was in the Saratoga Resort with new TVs.

We've done it at HHI to attach a switch.

My guess is that the bandwidth to stream to hotel rooms is cost prohibitive.

Are you allowed tohook stuff up to the tv? I’d bring my Apple TV if that is the case. I do spend most time in the parks. But I like to fall asleep watching tv.
Yep, can hook up an input and change the source on the TV. Only issue would be where the connections are (HDMI or other input) as usually there are ones on the side of the TV but some may be on the rear and the mount doesn’t always swing out much to get easy access to the rear plugs. Don’t recall this being an issue except at the Copper Creek Cabin, which I believe luckily had an HDMI cable connected to something else (or could be missing it up with another place).

I’m in the process of buying a AKV contract, so I’m a bit new to DVC. I noticed that free DVD rental is touted as a DVC perk. Do any of the DVC Villas or hotel rooms even have DVD players? I stayed in a AKL hotel room in early 2020… there wasn’t a DVD player in there.

Why doesn’t Disney just put Disney+ and maybe even Hulu in the hotel and DVC rooms? Seems like it would add a little value for resort guests… especially with them eliminating other onsite perks such as DME.
You can borrow a DVD player when you borrow the DVD.

Disney Resorts, DVC, and Disney+ are all separate entities in the same parent company. If Disney Resorts wanted to add Hulu or Disney+, they'd either have to get Disney+ to agree to do it as a promotion, or they'd have to pay Disney+. And then as another poster mentioned, this would be a strain on the bandwidth available at the resorts.

We’ve never had a problem streaming movies at WDW resorts. Last trip at a Treehouse we stream 1776, Hamilton (was 4th of July), and Frozen 2 without a problem. Plus a lot of Tour de France stages. Disney has pretty good bandwidth.

Bruce

We were at AKV-Jambo last week. Had no problem hooking up our Roku and watching Disney +. Funny enough, had to call for help with the DVD player!!! They brought one up, told us to just "plug it in" and it would be fine. I can tell you, it was not lol!!! After 2 different calls they sent up someone from engineering...who pointed out we were not crazy that the thing wouldn't work, because the room provided generic remotes that would not let us change the inputs on the tv! If anyone else has this issue, and the remote doesn't have the word Samsung on it, call for a new remote or have someone come show you where the very-well-hidden input button is on the back of the tv!!!

We do screen mirroring and stream from our phones with no problems in all the resorts - some tvs make it easier to do, but we've found that all have the capability to do so.

Screen mirroring works for us and have Disney+ on the phone we use. only issue is there seems to be a sound latency when we do this. Sound is 1/2 second behind the mouth moving on the screen.

Hey, I know this is an old thread, but when I did a search for DVD players in DVC, this came up. Are DVD Players still available to borrow? like specifically SSR and CCV. We are bringing a roki and chromecast, but there are a few movies we might want to watch , that aren't on the streaming we have, and considering bringing the DVDs. Not a big deal though if players are n/a.

Not all resorts have the same TV system. A few weeks ago, I did a split stay between BCV and AKV. At BCV, I couldn't get Disney+, but at AKV I could. The TV system I had at Kidani was more "modern"(I guess that's what you'd call it) than at BCV. Kinda of odd since BCV was by far the more recently refurbished one. I don't remember about DVD players.

At OKW now and they have both dvd players and casting from your device. That being said, none of us could get the casting to work on our iPhones. However, we can get it to work both off an iPad and a Mac book. They connect directly to the TV and we can cast our Netflix and YouTube TV to any TV we want in out 2bedroom villa. For Disney+ they will let you log into your account if you have one, right on the tv and watch. Stayed at SSR and AKV in the past couple of months and they also had the casting options. Can’t remember if either had dvd players.

At OKW now and they have both dvd players and casting from your device. That being said, none of us could get the casting to work on our iPhones. However, we can get it to work both off an iPad and a Mac book. They connect directly to the TV and we can cast our Netflix and YouTube TV to any TV we want in out 2bedroom villa. For Disney+ they will let you log into your account if you have one, right on the tv and watch. Stayed at SSR and AKV in the past couple of months and they also had the casting options. Can’t remember if either had dvd players.
I couldn’t figure out how to login. We eventually gave up and just hooked up the firestick we keep in one of our owner’s lockers.

I carry my Firestick with me whenever I travel and it works great. A new trick for connecting. Buy an HDMI coupler/extender. This has a female HDMI connector on both sides. The way you use it is to disconnect the DVD player HDMI cable and plug it into one side and plug your Firestick or other streaming device into the other and you are now connected to the TV. Much easier than digging around behind the TV to find the HDMI ports.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter