Disney+ In Resort & DVC Rooms

I carry my Firestick with me whenever I travel and it works great. A new trick for connecting. Buy an HDMI coupler/extender. This has a female HDMI connector on both sides. The way you use it is to disconnect the DVD player HDMI cable and plug it into one side and plug your Firestick or other streaming device into the other and you are now connected to the TV. Much easier than digging around behind the TV to find the HDMI ports.
Excellent idea!!
When we were at OKW only the 1 port worked so we had to use that one. This would certainly help with that.

If you have the app on your phone, the TVs in the room are now set up with a barcode to scan, and connect to your phone via chromecast or some similar connection. I used it in January at OKW. Most, but not all, resorts are set up for this feature, they are still working on it, but OKW is set up.

From what I understand the newer interactive TVs (the ones you can cast to) people have had issues when plugging in their own streaming devices. They will work but there is no longer any volume control on the TV and it is super loud.

If you have the app on your phone, the TVs in the room are now set up with a barcode to scan, and connect to your phone via chromecast or some similar connection. I used it in January at OKW. Most, but not all, resorts are set up for this feature, they are still working on it, but OKW is set up.
We use iphones and netflix would work but not disney+ which is why we ended up just hooking it up to the tv.
Did the same that at VGF too.

Maybe it's just us who knows.

From what I understand the newer interactive TVs (the ones you can cast to) people have had issues when plugging in their own streaming devices. They will work but there is no longer any volume control on the TV and it is super loud.
LOL yes that is what happened. We have tried turning it down but it wouldn't work for that.

We use iphones and netflix would work but not disney+ which is why we ended up just hooking it up to the tv.
Did the same that at VGF too.

Maybe it's just us who knows.
If you've downloaded the Disney+ movie to the iPhone for offline viewing then it will not play via casting (I'm assuming due to copyright restrictions to where offline videos can only be played on the device they are on). It has to be one that is actually streaming.

The other thing in my travel kit is a universal remote. It often takes care of the volume issue. The problem is the remotes are not the real TV remotes, they are specific to the WDW channels available on the TV and are controlled by the box on the back of the TV. A real remote can do things like change inputs and adjust the volume.

The other thing in my travel kit is a universal remote. It often takes care of the volume issue. The problem is the remotes are not the real TV remotes, they are specific to the WDW channels available on the TV and are controlled by the box on the back of the TV. A real remote can do things like change inputs and adjust the volume.
We were using an older firestick but now have a newer one that has volume control on its remote. Do you think that will work?

We were using an older firestick but now have a newer one that has volume control on its remote. Do you think that will work?
No, probably not. The problem is that the box on the back of the TV and included remote control all of the TV functions. The DVD player, if there is one, is connected to the TV and you can use the device I mentioned earlier to connect your streaming device that way. The volume control with the TV remote should work in this case since the DVD player is supported. As I said, I carry another remote in case that does not work, but that process is much more complicated.

Dh mentions this EVERY SINGLE TIME we are at a Disney resort. Drives him crazy. Ages ago they used to actually have decent tv. They had a station that played non stop vintage Disney cartoons— it was awesome. But apparently they don’t want you to see vintage Disney anymore, or any Disney for that matter lol. They are a media company after all (he says again and again). But their tv selection is pure garbage. Universal has great tv in their resorts. I know I tell him. What the hell is wrong with this company? I know I tell him. And he has tried that mirroring thing which just annoyed him even more when he couldn’t get it to work. Who is running this company? I know I tell him.

I was unable to get the screencasting thing to work at Kidani last month, so I just gave up. I do miss the old resort info channel with the "easy listening" Disney tunes, but I just went out to the balcony and watched the savanna instead.

We had success using the QR barcode from our phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter