Disney Magic Kingdoms

Why all the hate for the trophy event? It’s always been my favorite mini event and it’s us the only one that gives decent rewards (gems) like @KimRonRufus posted. They got me 75 gems last event. Do agree that the 1 hour check ins get old quickly, but I used them to build up my first item stock for WiR, BH6, L&S, etc. Don’t have any of those 1 hour jobs this time, so I don’t have the same motivation to log in hourly this time though.

I personally don't care for the trophy event either. First, there's no way I can check in every hour to collect, so I rarely do very well in the event. Second, in many cases it forces me to choose whether I want to collect tokens/event currency or trophies. It pains me to send a character on a one hour task for a trophy overnight when they could be collecting 8 hours worth of currency or a needed token instead. In some cases (Tinkerbell comes to mind), the trophy tasks won't earn you anything event-related.

Why all the hate for the trophy event? It’s always been my favorite mini event and it’s us the only one that gives decent rewards (gems) like @KimRonRufus posted. They got me 75 gems last event. Do agree that the 1 hour check ins get old quickly, but I used them to build up my first item stock for WiR, BH6, L&S, etc. Don’t have any of those 1 hour jobs this time, so I don’t have the same motivation to log in hourly this time though.

I personally don't care for the trophy event either. First, there's no way I can check in every hour to collect, so I rarely do very well in the event. Second, in many cases it forces me to choose whether I want to collect tokens/event currency or trophies. It pains me to send a character on a one hour task for a trophy overnight when they could be collecting 8 hours worth of currency or a needed token instead. In some cases (Tinkerbell comes to mind), the trophy tasks won't earn you anything event-related.
To me, these trophy events always seemed like amateur hour. Nothing to do but check in every hour and clear away the trophies. At least with the other tappers, it has us zooming in and searching around. With the happiness events, you have to manage the happy faces, and hope that a few more appear. Not MUCH thought or skill, but at least a little more than these annoyingly pointless trophies.

To me, these trophy events always seemed like amateur hour. Nothing to do but check in every hour and clear away the trophies. At least with the other tappers, it has us zooming in and searching around. With the happiness events, you have to manage the happy faces, and hope that a few more appear. Not MUCH thought or skill, but at least a little more than these annoyingly pointless trophies.

the thing I hate about the happiness one is that you are at the mercy of the game to bring up more requests from guests - so a bit of "chance" element to it, which I find annoying

the thing I hate about the happiness one is that you are at the mercy of the game to bring up more requests from guests - so a bit of "chance" element to it, which I find annoying

Yeah that one's my least fave. I can't ever do well with it since my game maxes out at 8 happy faces. I despise the tappers since it's such a waste of time. So this one is my favorite, although I don't really like any of them.

I guess the not much though or skill is the aspect of the trophy event I like. Just in and out (that’s what she said). When I had to collect all the 1 hour items for characters, like WiFi, it also worked great in help me build up a stockpile. Got to admit, not having those 1 hour items, which I’m very glad we don’t, makes the trophy event more of a drag. I also found if I collected for half a day in airport mode, I’d collect enough that I didn’t necessarily have to collect every hour and still finish top 10.

As for the tappers, I think I hate every aspect of the zooming and searching. They are also a constant reminder that the game doesn’t give us enough land and how pressed together all the buildings are making it that much harder to find the item. Or the annoyance of trying to find that final item, looking thru the park multiple times and if your lucky enough to find it, it’s usually hidden behind some building that made it impossible to see.

Completely agree, but I still find that the happiness events considerable less annoying than the tappers.

All that being said, I would be happy if they got rid of all the mini events, during events, entirely! :thumbsup2

Last edited:
Which is actually why I appreciate the happiness event. With the gold trophies, there is no chance element and it requires zero through.

A quick check of my characters:

Naveen - ready for 6
Eudora - ready for 6
Louis - 5
Mama Odie - 4
Cri-Kee - 6

Might as well do the same:

Naveen - 6
Eudora - 6
Louis - 5
Mama Odie - 3

Cri-Kee: 5
Anastasia - ready for 10

Cri-Kee is close to ready for 6. Anastasia has be ready to max for a few days, but will start finishing her off in 2 1/2 days. Next 2 characters can be welcomed in 3 1/2 days, and I don’t trust myself to not level up anymore of my PatF characters that close to new characters.

What happens after Naveen's 4 hour task? That's what I'm currently working on.

I only need 2 more ear hats for Mowgli so that's fun!

I'll chime in on the mini event debate...
I like the gold trophy one.
Tappers are tough because my park is so crammed it can be hard to find them.
Happiness is easy, but kinda meh.

I'm glad they shortened the timeframes. The 5-7 day mini events were exhausting.

Whether you like the mini events or not, at least they're optional. If it wasn't for the last 2 mini events, I wouldn't have those 5 amazing dandelion lampposts I won!

I just sent Eudora on her 12 hour task and am leveling Naveen up to 6. I figure with 3 days I should hopefully have enough time to collect a bunch of gumbo and EC. Right now I only have 12 gumbo and I have 8,000 EC

I guess the not much though or skill is the aspect of the trophy event I like. Just in and out (that’s what she said). When I had to collect all the 1 hour items for characters, like WiFi, it also worked great in help me build up a stockpile. Got to admit, not having those 1 hour items, which I’m very glad we don’t, makes the trophy event more of a drag. I also found if I collected for half a day in airport mode, I’d collect enough that I didn’t necessarily have to collect every hour and still finish top 10.

As for the tappers, I think I hate every aspect of the zooming and searching. They are also a constant reminder that the game doesn’t give us enough land and how pressed together all the buildings are making it that much harder to find the item. Or the annoyance of trying to find that final item, looking thru the park multiple times and if your lucky enough to find it, it’s usually hidden behind some building that made it impossible to see.

Completely agree, but I still find that the happiness events considerable less annoying than the tappers.

All that being said, I would be happy if they got rid of all the mini events, during events, entirely! :thumbsup2

Yeah I’m not super fond of the tap and search ones either mostly because mine always hide behind my stupid buildings and I don’t usually have time to give more then 10-15 min per 2 hours which is what I set my timer for...that’s if I’m not busy when the timer goes off. The trophy quest just seems like a time waster not really getting anything good I mean if they added the chests into it I think more people would like that. The happyiness one...I like the best since I keep my happiness stock piled and only use when I get low so I do well in that event...

Ok I’m gonna ask what level should we get these guys to. I have seen most are getting to 5/6 levels but I’m having a diff time getting the stupid gumbo. Work has been super crazy and other stuff too.

Sorry for the lame excuse but I missed out on cricket and I’m super bummed about that. I had hoped they where gonna offer him up in a bundle but...unless I missed it no luck there. Do we need him for the end...oh I hop not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter