• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney Magic Kingdoms

Check the edges of the map, including locked areas. They can be around the entrance/parade area or in the middle around the Alice in the Wonderland decor section. They're only showing up in places where you can't build buildings if that helps. The chests are pretty much everywhere though...Someone posted a link to that dmk blog earlier and that one had a bunch of pictures of the location of chest spawns.

Check the edges of the map, including locked areas. They can be around the entrance/parade area or in the middle around the Alice in the Wonderland decor section. They're only showing up in places where you can't build buildings if that helps. The chests are pretty much everywhere though...Someone posted a link to that dmk blog earlier and that one had a bunch of pictures of the location of chest spawns.
I would scroll right rather than left though when you're scouring your Kingdom...
The chest icon in thd top left corner can be distracting when that's the very thing you're after!

I'm still trying to figure out what it takes to unlock Zurg. Do you have to have every toy story character at a level 10 to get him? What is the secret? Ive completed the "defeat Zurg" challenge a long time ago. Yet, still no Zurg... Help?

I'm considering spending 200 gems to get the bundle of chests. For anybody who has done this as well do you have to open them all at once or can you choose which ones you open and then open the rest at a later time? I'm getting fed up of only finding silver and bronze chests.

I'm still trying to figure out what it takes to unlock Zurg. Do you have to have every toy story character at a level 10 to get him? What is the secret? Ive completed the "defeat Zurg" challenge a long time ago. Yet, still no Zurg... Help?
Same here!
According to the Magic Kingdoms bible though you unlock him after you have welcomed Rapunzel. Check out the order of the quests here: http://disneymagickingdomswiki.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Storyline_Walkthrough

I have NOT received a gold chest and it's really making me angry What can I do to get one? I haven't been able to get Peonce Charming yet

Towards the beginning of the thread someone mentioned completing Goofy and Woody quests.

Perhaps I'm missing something here... sorry if this is a stupid question!
I have been trying to get my last donald hat for 2 weeks now. I have goofy, mickey/pete and daisy all doing their quests every 12 hours, for 2 weeks, and I just haven't gotten this last hat. It doesn't seem to make sense for me!

I have only gotten one gold chest so far. My theory is that maybe it is because I have not welcomed Mother Gothel yet... Has anyone else who hasn't welcomed MG gotten a gold or platinum chest with the gloves? WITHOUT Paying for extra that is.... :)

I'm considering spending 200 gems to get the bundle of chests. For anybody who has done this as well do you have to open them all at once or can you choose which ones you open and then open the rest at a later time? I'm getting fed up of only finding silver and bronze chests.

No, you open them all at once. I was protesting spending gems the first few days, but I am getting so many bronze and silver chests, I am discarding at least 3 daily. Only got gold that first day, and no gloves. So, I bought the 200 gem pack. The 2 platinum chests were the gloves, and the deer head topiary (why this would ever be a premium item beats me!) so I sorta feel like I might have had better luck spending 200 gems on 4 platinum chests in order to get the gloves AND Splash Mountain, but you really don't know what you will get.

No, you open them all at once. I was protesting spending gems the first few days, but I am getting so many bronze and silver chests, I am discarding at least 3 daily. Only got gold that first day, and no gloves. So, I bought the 200 gem pack. The 2 platinum chests were the gloves, and the deer head topiary (why this would ever be a premium item beats me!) so I sorta feel like I might have had better luck spending 200 gems on 4 platinum chests in order to get the gloves AND Splash Mountain, but you really don't know what you will get.

Thank you, I was hoping I would be able to open gold first and get the gloves and then move on to Platinum and get splash mountain. Sounds like it isn't worth it then. I take it it opened platinum first for you? It is very annoying that you only get bronze and silver chests in the park. Seems very cheeky making you use gems.

I have been trying to get my last donald hat for 2 weeks now. I have goofy, mickey/pete and daisy all doing their quests every 12 hours, for 2 weeks, and I just haven't gotten this last hat. It doesn't seem to make sense for me!

I've found this with lots of characters. It is always the last item that takes days/weeks. It will drop eventually. Zurg ears took me about two weeks for one item. I even emailed helpdesk to query if it was a bug and then dropped that day.

Welcoming Pete prompted new Toy Story quests for me. After completing 2 or 3 activities, I was able to start defeating Zurg.

Two weeks!?!?!....lol. I have been working on Donald for 4 weeks. I have been able to get 1 hat per week, so basically in 11 weeks I will finally be able to welcome him...lol.

Patience is definitely needed in this game.

Good luck and hope you are able to welcome hi,moon.

I'm glad to hear that others are not getting gold and platinum chests either! (Well not "glad "in the sense that I'm happy.) It's frustrating, but I was beginning to worry that I was just having really bad luck! Hopefully they'll make the odds of getting a gold chest easier as time passes...

I have only gotten one gold chest so far. My theory is that maybe it is because I have not welcomed Mother Gothel yet... Has anyone else who hasn't welcomed MG gotten a gold or platinum chest with the gloves? WITHOUT Paying for extra that is.... :)

I have...I haven't welcomed MG, have received two Gold chests (not counting the one in the tutorial on chests) and the first one gave me gloves.

I think completing quests is the secret... But to answer your question, no, you do not need them at Level 10. I think mine were around 6 or 7 when I welcomed Zurg, and that was weeks ago and they still aren't at Level 10.

I have NOT received a gold chest and it's really making me angry What can I do to get one? I haven't been able to get Peonce Charming yet

I feel your pain. I have opened 3 gold chests, though, but they all had stupid decor or magic in them. So even when you are lucky enough to get a gold chest, it doesn't mean much. :( No platinum chests here either.

I think completing quests is the secret... But to answer your question, no, you do not need them at Level 10. I think mine were around 6 or 7 when I welcomed Zurg, and that was weeks ago and they still aren't at Level 10.

I feel your pain. I have opened 3 gold chests, though, but they all had stupid decor or magic in them. So even when you are lucky enough to get a gold chest, it doesn't mean much. :( No platinum chests here either. I'm not going to pay for those gloves... it feels like extortion to me.

Same here!
According to the Magic Kingdoms bible though you unlock him after you have welcomed Rapunzel. Check out the order of the quests here: http://disneymagickingdomswiki.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Storyline_Walkthrough
Awesome thank you so much! That's odd because in the game when you click on your story book, then click toy story, then on Zurg, the prompt says "complete more toy story quest to unlock Zurg". Doesn't say anything about unlocking Rapunzel! Lol. Thanks for your answer though! ❤

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter