Disney Magic Kingdoms

Striking Gold
  • 1-10: Abu Balloon Stand, Golden Lamp Trophy, 3000 event currency
  • 11-50: Abu Balloon Stand, Golden Lamp Trophy, 2500 event currency
  • 51-250: Golden Lamp Trophy, 2500 event currency
  • 251-500: Golden Lamp Trophy, 2000 event currency
  • 501-1000: Golden Lamp Trophy, 1500 event currency
  • 1001-2000: 1000 event currency
Interesting, I've been 'online' while playing all day today, and this event hasn't popped up for me...

Whoa--the glitch happened again. Having hyper-zoom is like having a sixth sense. I wish I could always zoom in that much. I'll try to figure out how to post a screenshot, but I think I read I need more posts first.
I've managed to avoid upgrading to the new version for fear of losing the hyper-zoom glitch. Unfortunately, the game now reports that my version is out of date and requires that I upgrade. And just when I was learning to reproduce the glitch, too! I guess I'll have to see if this glitch has survived or been squashed.

On the bright side, I may have enough posts to put up some screen shots.

Well, that didn't work. Maybe more than 10?

In an effort to avoid one more empty post, let me just add that I agree with previous posters that Gameloft seems to have calibrated the in-event currency rate so it is harder to rack up extra. But by the same token, I think they have also gotten much better at calibrating the timing of the event so there is a lot to do, but not so much that finishing the event feels impossible. That said, I am not looking forward to collecting for costumes—that always feels like walking uphill.

So which would be more valuable? The cave of wonders and the float or Iago? I don't have enough for both. I refuse to spend real money after what happened right before the even started and all the glitches during. I lost almost all of my lion king characters and attractions. I lost all the nightmare before Christmas characters and attractions I got from
spending gems on chests. I put in a ticket and never heard a word. It sent me back like 2 levels. I've considered spending a little bit of real $ in the past but I never will now. Thanks for your opinions. Yes, I'm still bitter.

So which would be more valuable? The cave of wonders and the float or Iago? I don't have enough for both. I refuse to spend real money after what happened right before the even started and all the glitches during. I lost almost all of my lion king characters and attractions. I lost all the nightmare before Christmas characters and attractions I got from
spending gems on chests. I put in a ticket and never heard a word. It sent me back like 2 levels. I've considered spending a little bit of real $ in the past but I never will now. Thanks for your opinions. Yes, I'm still bitter.

I would say Iago is probably more helpful. The one hour task requires Cave of Wonders but the rest of his tasks aren't that bad, and I find he has a good drop rate. There's a good chance that there will be a joint task for Iago+non premium character for Jafar's tokens too.

If you want to go for the most cost efficient, the float will eventually pay for itself.

The game has been constantly restarting on me today. And I think I lost some progress bc I just checked on Goofy and it says he has 20 mins left on his task, the same as when I checked about 40 mins ago. I guess I'll have to go back to saving to the cloud often (which is quick but still annoying).

Started the second battle with Jafar this evening. Those that aren't helping with the battles have been focusing on the trophy mini event and on getting my event currency levels up. At about 17.5k currency and all event characters ready to level up (though I'll probably hold them where they are to save my currency for the costumes and Jafar). My gem strategy has me ahead of schedule at 201 gems, so I'll hopefully be able to get Iago a few days before the event ends, giving me his help on getting Jafar (which seems fitting). So far so good. Though I must admit I'm a bit worried about how tough the costumes might be after reading posts on here... Here's to hoping I can finish strong!

The game has been constantly restarting on me today. And I think I lost some progress bc I just checked on Goofy and it says he has 20 mins left on his task, the same as when I checked about 40 mins ago. I guess I'll have to go back to saving to the cloud often (which is quick but still annoying).
My game has been restarting constantly for me today too! So frustrating! I even lost several of the gold trophies earlier because of it. I wish they would get all these glitches under control.

Any thoughts on what level Aladdin characters need to be at for the costume collecting? Currently mine are:
Iago 4
Genie 4
Jasmine 6
Aladdin 6
Carpet 6

Genie, Jasmine & Aladdin are ready to level up and I've got 47k in currency.

For those of you who have experienced the glitch, what devices are you playing on? Just wondering...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter