Disney Magic Kingdoms

My concern about Grumpy is that he will be the 25th day prize. I already know I can't login all 25 days in a row. Even if I decide to load my game on Dad's computer, while we are traveling, for my birthday we are staying 3 days at Universal. So the middle day, which is my actual birthday, the computer will be at home and we will be gone all day. So because I have the gall to travel, I probably won't get Grumpy. I was one of the last people to get the stupid Prince Charming gloves out of the chest, when they changed the drop rate to make him more common, and I am missing several attractions that can be gotten through chests, so I will not be getting him through any chests. Heck, I am still trying to get Alien because I don't get enough junk out of my chests (thankfully only 100 elixir left but then I need more for the upgrades to level 3).

This is theoretically a game for tweens, correct ? How the heck do they expect them to keep up when I'm sure many have limits due to school, activities, parental controls. I know, it's like someone up thread said, "they buy it for themselves, and then feel the need to buy for each of the kids..."

I'm sure they assume most players have access to a smartphone or tablet to take with them. Signing on daily for rewards is very common for free-to-play games.

Very meh abut the update. being an event sucks. trying to exploit those compulsive collectors into cash purchases takes away from the game. in app purchases in a game like this should be shortcuts, not the only way. let some people pay for the new shiny right now, others grind for the unlock and others who just dont care.

Exactly. At this point I wish they'd just charge some insane amount to play the game and be honest about it. I have never felt so pressured to spend money on something this ridiculous. Paying for shortcuts is one thing, but this threat the "pay us for this or you won't be able to earn that" thing is tiresome.

I just stumbled across this game by reading about it in this forum a few days ago. I unfortunately don't have time to read through almost 700 pages (wow!) but have hopped around the thread and found some good tips, but most of y'all are really advanced!

Any tips for a relative newbie (lvl 8 after 3 days) who would prefer not to spend much/any real money?

For example: if I have 35 crystals, am I better off (a) buying another pedestal for unlocking chests, (b) buying a third float spot, or (c) hoarding them for something better?

I'm thinking that the gems are the scarce resource, and so the floats - which would let me earn gems at a faster rate - would be the better bet at this point. But I don't know!

Thoughts??

ETA: If this has been covered a thousand times in the preceding 700 pages, please feel free to call me silly names and point me in the right direction!

Welcome!!

Being so new to the game and not wanting to spend money, my advice would be to save your gems until you have enough to purchase Pluto he helps with so much of the usual day to day play, when starting out. This was what I got my daughter to do when she started playing for Aladdin. She wanted Jasmine, she since has given up on the game guess kids arent as gullible as us adults! You will over time build up gems (trust me I have many) to help you along the way with parade floats, pedestals etc. Goodluck.

Thanks a lot! :)

I am not sure why I have this issues... maybe because I live in Japan?
Is someone here from outside the US?

Australia

Probably Thursday, Dec 7th. They normally start on Thursdays.

Oooh I am so excited. Thank you once again for posting the info from the livestream.

I know everyone is pieved about it being an event and the whole grumpy thing and I am on a high, guess its the fact that it is snow white and we are in December woohoo Christmas is coming I am just looking at the positives and hoping that grumpy is our Christmas present from gameloft

For all those travelling during the event. It is possible to succeed in events while at Disney. I was in Disneyworld the whole time for the Frozen event and with the odd check in when relaxing, purchasing the premium characters and some gameplay at the end of our days(or early mornings) before bed I was able to finish the event.

For all those travelling during the event. It is possible to succeed in events while at Disney. I was in Disneyworld the whole time for the Frozen event and with the odd check in when relaxing, purchasing the premium characters and some gameplay at the end of our days(or early mornings) before bed I was able to finish the event.

True, but who wants to play the game when your actually at WDW? For me part of a vacation is also taking a vacation from the grind of the games I play. :rotfl2:

Luckily when we went in June their weren’t any events. I still planned on playing while in lines, etc., but that rarely happened and I dropped about 800 spots in Lifetime Visitor Leaderboard. Sadly I’ve only recovered up about half of it. Honestly, the crowds were so much smaller than our previous June trips in 2011 and 2013 I think we only had 2 or 3 lines that were over 30 minute waits the entire trip so I really didn’t have much desire to play. I think we got the better end of that deal :thumbsup2

@immatooki Thanks for the summary of the Facebook live stream! :thumbsup2

I’m really looking forward seeing how the Character Book feature works. It has the potential to be one of the best features in the game. Let’s just hope they pull it off.

As far as the events concerned, I’m not suprised that they are having one, but I am disappointed. Why do they insist on having the creepy tree/snowgies feature of the game, do they really think anyone enjoys them. Personally, I think that is the one portion of events that sucks out any enjoyment of the event. Just double the amount of that item that is required and I think everyone would be happy.

The Grumpy “Special Character” portion of the event is what scares me most. Honestly, you can only get him and items for him thru chests? What an awful “feature” addition to the game! I’m willing to give it a chance, but not any money, but have a feeling it’s going to be a complete disaster.

Thank you for posting the update since not all of us were able to see the video. I really appreciate your hard work, even if I hate what they are doing to the game. For now I'm just working on leveling up my current characters (so tedious with some like Shere Khan and poor Alien who practically has to fend for himself.)

I’m also going to be in WDW during the event for two weeks (leaving on the 10th). I’ll do my best and maybe check-in while waiting in lines, but I WILL NOT be glued to a silly game during my vacation. I get who I get lol!!

I would like to make an observation. First of all to the person who I read is in Dental School, and has the icon of the puppies, and took the time out of their day to post the information for those of us who could not watch the livestream at the time, THANK YOU! That was VERY KIND and APPRECIATED. I'm sorry I don't know your handle here!

On my way home, as I sat in traffic. I pulled up the livestream replay on my phone and listened to that instead of the radio. I would like to point out that Rebecca said things repeatedly and I MAY very well have misheard her, but it sounded like, with the two premium characters, you could unlock Grumpy with their help, in addition to the chests. I'm going to listen to it again, to be sure I heard correctly, because as I say, I may have misheard. Just wanted to throw all that out there, and also get another set of ears on the livestream, because maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong, but it would be nice to know. It was a long day at work and I was tired, so it might be wishful thinking, hahaha.

To those of you lucky enough to take real (non virtual) Disney trip, I hope you enjoy your time there and don't let this silly little game ruin your vacation time. Real life is so much better than this stuff.

This will be perfect because everyone has so much down time during the holidays and people aren't busy at all. I'm glad I have 10 plus hours a day to dedicate to the event. (Just in case people didn't get it, I'm being sarcastic)

Well, said. I totally agree.

@immatooki Thanks for the summary of the Facebook live stream! :thumbsup2

I’m really looking forward seeing how the Character Book feature works. It has the potential to be one of the best features in the game. Let’s just hope they pull it off.

As far as the events concerned, I’m not suprised that they are having one, but I am disappointed. Why do they insist on having the creepy tree/snowgies feature of the game, do they really think anyone enjoys them. Personally, I think that is the one portion of events that sucks out any enjoyment of the event. Just double the amount of that item that is required and I think everyone would be happy.

The Grumpy “Special Character” portion of the event is what scares me most. Honestly, you can only get him and items for him thru chests? What an awful “feature” addition to the game! I’m willing to give it a chance, but not any money, but have a feeling it’s going to be a complete disaster.

Thank you for posting the update since not all of us were able to see the video. I really appreciate your hard work, even if I hate what they are doing to the game. For now I'm just working on leveling up my current characters (so tedious with some like Shere Khan and poor Alien who practically has to fend for himself.)

I would like to make an observation. First of all to the person who I read is in Dental School, and has the icon of the puppies, and took the time out of their day to post the information for those of us who could not watch the livestream at the time, THANK YOU! That was VERY KIND and APPRECIATED. I'm sorry I don't know your handle here!

On my way home, as I sat in traffic. I pulled up the livestream replay on my phone and listened to that instead of the radio. I would like to point out that Rebecca said things repeatedly and I MAY very well have misheard her, but it sounded like, with the two premium characters, you could unlock Grumpy with their help, in addition to the chests. I'm going to listen to it again, to be sure I heard correctly, because as I say, I may have misheard. Just wanted to throw all that out there, and also get another set of ears on the livestream, because maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong, but it would be nice to know. It was a long day at work and I was tired, so it might be wishful thinking, hahaha.

You're welcome!! And my understanding of what she said was the premium characters could get the items for Grumpy but that wasn't very clear of how it is happening. I don't remember if it was for after welcoming him or before. I will rewatch it later as well!

I’m also going to be in WDW during the event for two weeks (leaving on the 10th). I’ll do my best and maybe check-in while waiting in lines, but I WILL NOT be glued to a silly game during my vacation. I get who I get lol!!

This was my sentiment as well and why I brought the premiums to have some frozen characters and I was lucky enough to get everybody without to much effort

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter