Disney Magic Kingdoms

Also, Cinderella needs to not be wearing her Comfy costume for token collection, so change her clothes if needed.

I came on here to share this. And to say that my Cinderella didn't show up in the "drops tokens" list because she was in the wrong outfit. I found that incredibly annoying. Yet another reason to hate the costumes. The game was better without them.

So did they just up a ton of tokens required for leveling up characters? I looked at my parade floats and noticed tons of them can give tokens that weren't able to before.

Anyone else having issues with their bronze chests? I’ve opened 4 since the update this morning and after I tap it the second time, it doesn’t start going through the random final token images. It just freezes to the picture of the Cinderella pumpkin token before I even tap it. It’s done that all four times...weird...

Anyone else having issues with their bronze chests? I’ve opened 4 since the update this morning and after I tap it the second time, it doesn’t start going through the random final token images. It just freezes to the picture of the Cinderella pumpkin token before I even tap it. It’s done that all four times...weird...

Happened to me today. Since there is nothing in there I need other than that token I figured it wasn't a big deal, but I thought it was something regarding my phone. Not good if they broke the chests for everyone.

So did they just up a ton of tokens required for leveling up characters? I looked at my parade floats and noticed tons of them can give tokens that weren't able to before.

Yes, that was announced last week. Mickey & Friends, Toy Story, Monsters Inc and maybe some other group all were "rebalanced."

Didn’t watch the the live stream and just skimmed the release notes, so wondering if they gave any reason for raising those item requirements? I know they called it a character “rebalance” but it doesn’t make any sense to me for raising them. All it will do is upset players who need those characters. Luckily I finished them a long time ago, so it doesn’t effect me, but I feel bad for anyone who hasn’t.

Didn’t watch the the live stream and just skimmed the release notes, so wondering if they gave any reason for raising those item requirements? I know they called it a character “rebalance” but it doesn’t make any sense to me for raising them. All it will do is upset players who need those characters. Luckily I finished them a long time ago, so it doesn’t effect me, but I feel bad for anyone who hasn’t.
Count me into that "upset players" group. I have so many tokens to collect now.

Count me into that "upset players" group. I have so many tokens to collect now.

I'm really sorry this affected your game. Like others, I have all those characters maxed out so it doesn't affect me, but I can understand why you and others are upset. Because they have added permanent content into the game, sticking it in the middle of the story instead of at the end, I can't even tell if it's because the game is technically easier for newer players (not the entire game, just the old characters) or if it's something else that's making them do this. I'm not sure I'm clearly stating what I mean, but we had far fewer characters early on which makes it hard for me to understand what it would be like if I started playing now.

I'm really sorry this affected your game. Like others, I have all those characters maxed out so it doesn't affect me, but I can understand why you and others are upset. Because they have added permanent content into the game, sticking it in the middle of the story instead of at the end, I can't even tell if it's because the game is technically easier for newer players (not the entire game, just the old characters) or if it's something else that's making them do this. I'm not sure I'm clearly stating what I mean, but we had far fewer characters early on which makes it hard for me to understand what it would be like if I started playing now.
I understand what you're saying. I honestly haven't been playing the game much anyway with all of this crazy wdw planning going on. I just try to get on at least once a day.

Since one of the screenshots in their notes showed Lilo & Stitch as one of the Tower Challenge groups with Nani as the main I have her leveling to 10 until tomorrow evening. Here's my latest character level list - I've been trying to do a better job of leveling characters as I prefer not to play often between the events since those are too intensive and frequent!

So here's my lengthy list of who still needs leveled up - Level is current level; missing tokens for next level are in ():
Lvl 9: Wendy, Elizabeth Swann, Will Turner, Judy Hopps, Nick Wilde, Flash, Jack Skellington, Eeyore, Tigger, Roo, Piglet, Rabbit, Lilo, Pleakley, Jumba, Cobra Bubbles, Go Go (28 discs, 29 ears), Honey Lemon, Sebastian
Lvl 8: Beast, Stitch (6 blasters, 8 ears), Eric, Ralph
Lvl 7: Toy Alien (12 claws, 9 ears), Chief Bogo (2 badges), Shere Khan (6 fires, 6 ears), Sally (9 jars, 5 ears), Scuttle
Lvl 6: Mowgli, Zero, Olaf, Yokai
Lvl 5: Peter Pan (10 flutes, 12 ears), Thumper, Bagheera, Baloo, Anna (1 medallion), Christopher Robin (4 ears), Hiro, Baymax, Fred, Wasabi
Lvl 4: Capt. Barbossa, Bambi, Elastigirl, Ariel, Triton, Flounder, Ursula, Fix-It Felix Jr., Spamley, Yesss
Lvl 3: Michael Darling (7 bears, 5 ears), John Darling, Tia Dalma, Oogie Boogie, Belle, Calhoun, Shank
Lvl 2: The Mayor, Jack-Jack, Vanellope
Lvl 1:

Working on Welcoming:
Drizella - Just started so haven't collected anything yet

Here's the list of premium characters I don't have:
Rex, Lady Tremaine, Capt. Hook, Jack Sparrow, Davy Jones, Boo, Wall-E, Maximus, Merryweather, Flower, King Louie

Here's the list of event characters I don't have (missed events before I started playing, and a couple of Snow White characters since I was on vacation and not playing often during that event):
Dash, Violet, Mr. Incredible, Frozone, Syndrome, Elsa, Hans, Kristoff, Sven, Shang, Mulan, Mushu, Cri-Kee, Lumiere, Cogsworth, Mrs. Potts, Chip, Gaston, Evil Queen, Grumpy

Does anyone know which Incredibles character is taking part in the TC?
I haven't seen any hints as to that, but in the last TC that included Incredibles the main character was Elastigirl. I would love it if they used a different character (so I could collect a new character from that collection as I wasn't playing when that event occurred), but when they've reused groups for TCs they've used the same character and attraction so far.

Well, at least I was over 1000 gems for 2 or 3 days! :rotfl:
So did you pay into the interns' textbook find by purchasing a gem pack or by buying the bundles for the two gem characters and the gem attraction for WiR?

Last edited:
So did you pay 9nto the interns' textbook find by purchasing a gem pack or by buying the bundles for the two gem characters and the gem attraction for WiR?

:rotfl: Nope, they haven’t bought anything in months and couldn’t even tell you the last time I bought a bundle with gems in it. All collected leveling up characters, daily video gems and parades. The 3 Trophy mini event top 10 finishes (25x3) also helped.

:rotfl: Nope, they haven’t bought anything in months and couldn’t even tell you the last time I bought a bundle with gems in it. All collected leveling up characters, daily video gems and parades. The 3 Trophy mini event top 10 finishes (25x3) also helped.
Not a DIME to this game. Ever!

They didn't give a specific reason for raising the requirements. They just said that the bump in requirements is needed for an exciting new feature that will eventually be added to the game.

They did say that they were trying to bump up the requirements for small groups of characters at a time instead of all at once. So there will likely be more of these bumps in the future.

I think the bumps are likely for extending the game. I have been playing about 9 months and the only storyline collection I haven't started yet is Peter Pan, and I'm only about 2 or 3 more tasks from opening that. I haven't really been focusing on the storyline for a while either. Without the first round of bumps, and the continuing ones, a brand new player can be done with the storyline in less than a year. It's too late to extend gameplay for older players, but they've had them on the hook for a couple of years as they added to the storyline. They need a way to keep new players active for longer than a year.

Heads up for those trying to level characters before you update. I did not download the update because I had 2 more characters to update to level 10. When I opened the game this morning it updated all by itself.
Turn your airplane mode on so your update doesn’t come down. I am not happy about this at all. I planned on updating Friday after my last 2 characters were level 10.

Happened to me today. Since there is nothing in there I need other than that token I figured it wasn't a big deal, but I thought it was something regarding my phone. Not good if they broke the chests for everyone.

The bronze boxes have the pumpkin token listed as 100% odds, so for the time being it's the only thing you can gain from that chest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter