Disney Magic - out of New York with a day at Disney World

We were on the Nov 10th sailing this year and loved it so much. We did what ArielRae said and linked the ticket to our MDE account before we even left port and were able to book 3 additional fastpasses for the Magic Kingdom for the evening we were there and then used our 3 anytime FPs on Slinky Dog, Toy Story Mania, and 7 Dwarfs. We did all 4 parks and had an absolute blast. We loved it so much we booked the same itinerary for next year that goes over Halloween while still on board. The WDW day happens to be on Halloween. The Cast Member working the future cruise desk did make sure we knew that our 1-day park hopper would not include admission to MNSSHP. I'm sure they'll offer some sort of excursion package for the halloween party though. We love MNSSHP but we'll probably skip since we don't feel like paying extra for a ticket when we already have access to all the other parks included in the cruise fare.

That's awesome! Thanks so much for all of the info. I'm glad you had such an amazing time :)

Thank you for posting the information, and to others' for their comments. We're on a Magic cruise out of NYC later this year. This really helps!

Thanks again!

We were on the Nov 10th sailing this year and loved it so much. We did what ArielRae said and linked the ticket to our MDE account before we even left port and were able to book 3 additional fastpasses for the Magic Kingdom for the evening we were there and then used our 3 anytime FPs on Slinky Dog, Toy Story Mania, and 7 Dwarfs. We did all 4 parks and had an absolute blast. We loved it so much we booked the same itinerary for next year that goes over Halloween while still on board. The WDW day happens to be on Halloween. The Cast Member working the future cruise desk did make sure we knew that our 1-day park hopper would not include admission to MNSSHP. I'm sure they'll offer some sort of excursion package for the halloween party though. We love MNSSHP but we'll probably skip since we don't feel like paying extra for a ticket when we already have access to all the other parks included in the cruise fare.

We were on the November 10th sailing as well!!! We have done several cruises out of NYC and I love when DCL is in town as we live about 25 minutes from the port. It is very easy and convenient. The WDW day is great. The buses are very convenient. This time though my friends and I pre reserved a rental car at Alamo for the WDW day. We wanted to be able to easily get from park to park and the car was only $80 for the day (which we all split). The rental office bus was waiting right outside the terminal when we left the ship and then we returned the rental at 8:00 pm at the Swan/Dolphin and hopped a bus to MK from there to finish off our night. We got the 10:00 pm bus back to the ship (didn't want to chance driving back in case there were any issues as we didn't want to miss the ship! It worked out very well. We hit 3 of the 4 parks.

OP you will love DCL out of NYC!!!

MJ

Last edited:
We were on the November 10th sailing as well!!! We have done several cruises out of NYC and I love when DCL is in town as we live about 25 minutes from the port. It is very easy and convenient. The WDW day is great. The buses are very convenient. This time though my friends and I pre reserved a rental car at Alamo for the WDW day. We wanted to be able to easily get from park to park and the car was only $80 for the day (which we all split). The rental office bus was waiting right outside the terminal when we left the ship and then we returned the rental at 8:00 pm at the Swan/Dolphin and hopped a bus to MK from there to finish off our night. We got the 10:00 pm bus back to the ship (didn't want to chance driving back in case there were any issues as we didn't want to miss the ship! It worked out very well. We hit 3 of the 4 parks.

OP you will love DCL out of NYC!!!

MJ

Good idea to rent a car! We always have a car for WDW - I'm not used to relying on the buses, though it is nice that they have them and you're right, it's a good idea to take the bus back to the ship. I'm really liking this itinerary and I think we're going to go for it, but the 2019 date doesn't work for us, so my fingers are crossed that they offer it again in 2020!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter