Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AP store has opened in Disneyland Paris. See below post by ED92 for pictures of the merch. Lot of EuroDisney stuff.

Not in this post, but lines were long!
To give an update on the new AP store that opened yesterday. DLP asked on their AP facebook channel what people thought about it... reviews aren't good.
- Only a few items are only available in this shop. Most items can be bought in the regular merch stores.
- The 'vintage' items are not really vintage, just new reprints of what was sold in 1992.
- Lines were over 2 hours long.
- There was no limit on how much can be bought per person. So some people bought 15 sweaters to put them on ebay.

No news on the new paid fast pass service. The fan social media sites only reported the launch, but I haven't seen anything about how DLP promotes it in the park. If they promote it at all. The previous paid fastpass service DLP had also saw very little promotion.

To give an update on the new AP store that opened yesterday. DLP asked on their AP facebook channel what people thought about it... reviews aren't good.
- Only a few items are only available in this shop. Most items can be bought in the regular merch stores.
- The 'vintage' items are not really vintage, just new reprints of what was sold in 1992.
- There was no limit on how much can be bought per person. So some people bought 15 sweaters to put them on ebay.

No news on the new paid fast pass service. The fan social media sites only reported the launch, but I haven't seen anything about how DLP promotes it in the park. If they promote it at all. The previous paid fastpass service DLP had also saw very little promotion.
Disney knows that reselling goes on. It perplexes me that they don't put in limits to help with guest satisfaction. But by now it's just pretty clear they don't care as long as the stuff gets sold. I really think they like the clamoring over hard to find items.

Disney knows that reselling goes on. It perplexes me that they don't put in limits to help with guest satisfaction. But by now it's just pretty clear they don't care as long as the stuff gets sold. I really think they like the clamoring over hard to find items.
What surprises me more is that DLP takes the effort to ask these questions on their AP Facebook page. One look at the fansites will tell them 'we messed up'. They do not or very rarely interact on the channel.
It's as if they think that because AP holders love seeing pretty pictures of the park, they are positive about everything they do.

I did see that the signs for Premier Access (paid Fastpass) that don't actually mention you have to pay, which is super sneaky:

Can you still upgrade to park hoppers in the park or modify your ticket before you get there if you originally bought a base ticket?

Can you still upgrade to park hoppers in the park or modify your ticket before you get there if you originally bought a base ticket?

Yes, you can upgrade online if purchased direct through Disney on the MDE app or website. You can also go to guest services and upgrade in the parks, also calling (407) 566-4985 would get you the ability to upgrade. I had to call to upgrade mine for my Easter week trip because I purchased through my employer but upgraded without issue.

One caveat is if the parks are fully reserved there have been conflicting reports on being able to upgrade. Currently that’s not really much of an issue as capacity thresholds haven’t been met across the parks in a while.

Unsure how it operates as part of a package but I’d guess it’s similar.

Just to add it here’s one of the planDisney blog posts about just that question:Plan Disney Park Hopper Upgrade

2021 Happy Sunday Gif - The West News

Let's hope this Sunday is a funday! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter