Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the families are positive (we are) while others are forced to quarantine due to close exposure at school. At my work, we have a day care, elementary school, middle school, and high school that meet in our building. Day care closed on Friday for center wide exposure (10 day closure) and the elementary school also closed completely 2 days prior. Day care is open year-round, of course, but the elementary school had only been in school a week. Figure it's just a matter of time before the middle and high school is closed.

For us, our child care provider was positive and now my 1 year old has it (we unknowingly spent last weekend at Disney on a staycation). We are both vaccinated but my DH is now symptomatic (mild). I'm currently overanalyzing every ache and pain I have... our day care provider is very, very sick so even once she can technically reopen, she won't be well enough to.

We are both working from home and juggling child care. So stressful.
Take care of yourselves. It does sound very stressful. Hope everyone is better soon. We thought my husband had it after returning from WDW 3 weeks ago. He had cold-like symptoms and a fever. Luckily, his test came back negative, but it took forever to get the test results.

I think the revenge travel is def over. I think the next year or more is going to be interesting. Everything is costing more but most arent making more. Kids can’t miss school for vacation like they use to. It may be lower overall till international can start coming again.
I know we are still faced with a lot of testing requirements that are costly and hard to arrange coming from Canada. Add in the Covid numbers in Florida and lots of Canadians are steering clear. My sister lives in Florida and works in a school and her husband in the hospital. They both say the Covid numbers are insane right now. I fully plan to come back in January if we can and things settle down.

Take care of yourselves. It does sound very stressful. Hope everyone is better soon. We thought my husband had it after returning from WDW 3 weeks ago. He had cold-like symptoms and a fever. Luckily, his test came back negative, but it took forever to get the test results.

Thank you! Thankfully my toddler had mild symptoms one day and has been great since. Though since he feels great, we are struggling to keep him entertained!

Testing is the most difficult part - it took 4 days to get my son's results back! Tested on Sunday, finally got them back on Thursday night. And we had to wait hours even with an appointment just to get tested. Just so much demand right now. Glad your DH was clear!

While I appreciate the conversation can we move on from the COVID talk for this thread. I even say that as a person who has had it, I know it’s the major talking point of the last year+ but unless it directly pertains to Disney related policy or news I’d appreciate the conversation elsewhere!

Thanks for the understanding!! 😄

I was just able to get a price adjustment for stay at CBR for our Remy preview trip. When I originally booked it, I had to pay rack rates, but today the summer discount was available. I guess people might be cancelling trips??? Hoping the crowds stay low for this short trip.

I looked up my dates after I saw your message and all but the last two nights of my trip were now available for the 25% off. So I called, it'd cost me 5 bucks to change because it cost more. I booked in march and they raised the rack rates in april/may she couldn't remember. So I'll keep an eye out for the entire length now.

Im thinking the revenge travel bubble is starting to burst. For right now at least. The last stimulus was in April. Plenty of states have stopped or will be stopping extra unemployment very soon. Kids are going back to school. States are pretty much all open so people have other places to spend money.
Plus Covid so ppl are probably staying away from FL more than before.

I was just able to get a price adjustment for stay at CBR for our Remy preview trip. When I originally booked it, I had to pay rack rates, but today the summer discount was available. I guess people might be cancelling trips??? Hoping the crowds stay low for this short trip.

I looked up my dates after I saw your message and all but the last two nights of my trip were now available for the 25% off. So I called, it'd cost me 5 bucks to change because it cost more. I booked in march and they raised the rack rates in april/may she couldn't remember. So I'll keep an eye out for the entire length now.
When I booked our mid-Sept quick trip maybe 4 weeks ago, there were slim pickings. Now there are tons of options for my dates direct and third party. People definitely canceling.

I thought I'd post this in case it helps bring down your rates or if it helps anyone else :).

If not married to a resort, or even if so, I suggest checking Disney's site daily and also Priceline - some of their transparent listings are pretty good. I saw AKL Savannah View this morning for $276 a night (non-refundable though). ASMo was $80 a night (refundable) Coronado was $204 (refundable) and some others.

Hotwire is also starting to (finally!) have some pretty good hidden deals on Disney Resorts.

These are mid-September dates I've been checking, but others posting on the Resorts board have found early and late Sept options. (Weird thing is some of the rates on both PL and HW are higher than Disney but it changes day to day.)

Sorry everyone, OT! Just wanted to share in case anyone has September trips and looking for additional or better resort prices/options. I just changed my resort today and much happier with the changes.

That's why its best to wait til day of to buy Genie+. I'm wondering if many are waiting for the 50th to start or the "revenge travel" bump is over. I say that cause in January there is lots of availability for all parks.

the revenge travel may be over in America but it certainly isn’t in the uk and a lot of the rest of the world, especially with the border shut

as soon as that border opens loads will arrive including me 😃

the revenge travel may be over in America but it certainly isn’t in the uk and a lot of the rest of the world, especially with the border shut

Me too... we have waited for our Disney trip for almost 2 years now... we usually go multiple times a year.
We keep booking, hopeful we will be able to go, and then cancel and move it forward. Done that so many times, I've lost count.
September trip got cancelled and moved to December. Cross your fingers, Wish Upon A Star....

For the US it probably is, the rest of the world you are right not yet the harder part is knowing how long it will last again once international travel returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter