Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im thinking the revenge travel bubble is starting to burst. For right now at least. The last stimulus was in April. Plenty of states have stopped or will be stopping extra unemployment very soon. Kids are going back to school. States are pretty much all open so people have other places to spend money.

I sure hope so! Our planned trip is end of Jan 2022 or early Feb (still working out the details & waiting for military disc to be extended) so hoping we see a discount.

I LOVE LWTL, I hope this gets fixed soon!

Kind of sad! Many years ago when I used to work in Boston and I would so look forward to my lunch hour when I would head over to the 2-level Disney Store at Fanueil Hall at least twice a week. That store was amazing and had everything you could dream of in Disney merch. I could have spent hours there. The last Disney Store I visited was at one of the local malls and that was maybe 4-5 years ago and just about everything was baby and children items and that was mostly clothing. Very disappointing!

Last edited:
VQ for RAT would be the most likely reason.

If it's due to the VQ, then this almost screams cash grab to me. If they want keep the VQ during the day, then whatever on that front ... but Rat should be a higher volume fast loading ride similar to MMRR. There's no reason that WDW can't run it during the extra hours if they can keep Test Track up and running.

I really hope they're not limiting it just to up the % of guests who will pay to ride. The Rat should be one of the few nice perks for those eligible for the evening hours.

If it's due to the VQ, then this almost screams cash grab to me. If they want keep the VQ during the day, then whatever on that front ... but Rat should be a higher volume fast loading ride similar to MMRR. There's no reason that WDW can't run it during the extra hours if they can keep Test Track up and running.

I really hope they're not limiting it just to up the % of guests who will pay to ride. The Rat should be one of the few nice perks for those eligible for the evening hours.
I agree 100%.

I'm so unhappy with that decision! We ordered (from Canada) dresses for our girls, since Ottawa's store is now closed. The shipping fees were already insane (like 1\4 the price of the order). But after that, we had to pay for custom fees too! It was one and done for us.

Why are they closing the stores in the first place? I find it hard to believe that they are not profitable. Is it they want you to travel to WDW to buy merchandise?

We bought from the shopDisney website a few years ago and same as you said. High shipping costs and custom fees. Haven't bought again since.

Why are they closing the stores in the first place? I find it hard to believe that they are not profitable. Is it they want you to travel to WDW to buy merchandise?

We bought from the shopDisney website a few years ago and same as you said. High shipping costs and custom fees. Haven't bought again since.
Real Estate costs, employee salaries....cut cut cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter