Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband and I are really enjoying it. It's Twilight Zone-ish layered on top of all the other connections. I think some people want Mando-level shows every single go on Disney+, but there's no way that's going to happen. I'm an old-school comic fan, my husband hates comics, so he knows the characters only through the movies, and we both like it. I know this isn't true for everyone, but it seems like the majority of younger people who don't like it just don't have the patience for a slow reveal. What I predict based on this is that when the whole series is out and people are talking about the ending and how it connects with everything else, then more people will watch (even those that say they are done with it).

That was behind a spoiler tag.

right. I clicked to see the discussion since I’ve seen the episodes. I wasn’t thinking about it going further due to people’s knowledge of the comics. I like the connections being made but that felt like a big plot twist spoiler. Lesson learned. It’s all good. I’m still enjoying the show.

right. I clicked to see the discussion since I’ve seen the episodes. I wasn’t thinking about it going further due to people’s knowledge of the comics. I like the connections being made but that felt like a big plot twist spoiler. Lesson learned. It’s all good. I’m still enjoying the show.

Ok. It was just speculation so who know if that is the way they will go.

I imagine something like Wandavision is given birth in one of those groupthink meetings. We've all been in them. There are always a couple of folks that are a little "off" in those meetings. And if they are somehow connected or have the ear of somebody in management, they will blurt out something stupid and everybody is afraid to say it is stupid, and you end up with something like Wandavision.

"I've got a great idea, everybody. Let's merge Bewitched and Marvel. Wouldn't that be sooooo cool." :crazy2:

I imagine something like Wandavision is given birth in one of those groupthink meetings. We've all been in them. There are always a couple of folks that are a little "off" in those meetings. And if they are somehow connected or have the ear of somebody in management, they will blurt out something stupid and everybody is afraid to say it is stupid, and you end up with something like Wandavision.

"I've got a great idea, everybody. Let's merge Bewitched and Marvel. Wouldn't that be sooooo cool." :crazy2:

Well it seems like quite a few people do think it’s so cool.

Not all shows have to appeal to everyone

I'm really enjoying WandaVision.

No one can convince me this would have worked better as a one time episode dump. I'm probably just getting older but I've stopped binging shows unless I know I'll be spoiled. Just much more enjoyable to stretch it out. Just enjoy the journey everyone. Except for Alice in Borderland. I did binge that one.

I'm still convinced this is Wanda's own doing and she's snapped after losing so many loved ones. But we'll see.

Also, this episode was very much Brady Bunch, does anyone else agree?

I can't wait to see what 80s sitcom they pattern from. A little Alf, anyone?

I've only watched one episode ut extremely disappointed in this show. My husband left half way into it. Honestly I don't understand what this show is about. Can someone explain the purpose of it?

I've only watched one episode ** extremely disappointed in this show. My husband left half way into it. Honestly I don't understand what this show is about. Can someone explain the purpose of it?

It's a mystery that draws off old sitcoms.

You think to yourself: wait a minute. Isn't Vision dead from the last Avengers movie? Why are Wanda and Vision in this old fashioned sitcom.

Wait, some weird stuff is happening. I want to watch because I want to know why Vision is alive and what they're doing in these old sitcom environments and why is the occasional weird thing leaking through.

If that doesn't entice you that's ok. Not everyone likes all shows.

I can't stand cop/doctor/lawyer shows myself.

Might wanna research some source material before making comments like this. This wasn’t a pitch meeting for the MCU introducing an idea based on nothing.

This is like going into watching Harry Potter and questioning the logistics of Quidditch. That’s a stupid idea. Where could they have ever come up with that

Might wanna research some source material before making comments like this. This wasn’t a pitch meeting for the MCU introducing an idea based on nothing.

I know. Just saying that what it reminds me of.

Either way, I'm not impressed so far. But like someone said, not every show is as well received as others. The Mandalorian set the bar pretty high.

It’s so boring. I don’t know what people see in it. I keep waiting for it to get good, but it drags. I’d rather watch Prodigal Son. More happens in one episode of that show than all of the Wandavision episodes to date. And releasing one a week is an awful idea. There is no hook.

I'm really enjoying WandaVision.

No one can convince me this would have worked better as a one time episode dump. I'm probably just getting older but I've stopped binging shows unless I know I'll be spoiled. Just much more enjoyable to stretch it out. Just enjoy the journey everyone. Except for Alice in Borderland. I did binge that one.

I'm still convinced this is Wanda's own doing and she's snapped after losing so many loved ones. But we'll see.

Also, this episode was very much Brady Bunch, does anyone else agree?

I can't wait to see what 80s sitcom they pattern from. A little Alf, anyone?

given the mystery elements I do like it playing out over time vs a dump ... but I do wonder if maybe a bit more at one time (be int more than one episode or just longer episodes) would have been better.

I am enjoying the show, for sure, but also see the side that not a ton has happened, and that is with launching with the first 2 episodes at once

Wonder if maybe launching with the first 3 and then 2 episodes a week or something might be better?

I dont' know - I think I am sort of in between on the show ... I really like all the hidden stuff but also am still waiting for *more* to happen as well

given the mystery elements I do like it playing out over time vs a dump ... but I do wonder if maybe a bit more at one time (be int more than one episode or just longer episodes) would have been better.

I am enjoying the show, for sure, but also see the side that not a ton has happened, and that is with launching with the first 2 episodes at once

Wonder if maybe launching with the first 3 and then 2 episodes a week or something might be better?

I dont' know - I think I am sort of in between on the show ... I really like all the hidden stuff but also am still waiting for *more* to happen as well

I think if you like the sitcom element then you're fine with it, but it would be less divisive if there were more of the mystery elements being revealed in each episode. Some people need that hook. Personally, I'd probably watch it if it were just honestly a 1950's sitcom, but not everyone is into that stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter