Disney Not Social Distancing Anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skywatcher1206

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

I just read that WDW has done away with social distancing on some rides (namely Expedition Everest, Rockin’ Roller Coaster, and Slinky Dog Dash). What does everyone think about this? It is certainly making me more nervous about our trip next month.

Mods- if this is in the wrong thread, please feel free to move. Thanks!

as of last week there was social distancing in MK.
mind sharing the link where you read that?

Well, EE and SDD have a lot of outdoor track, so those would not be as concerning to me. RNR is indoors, so I would be more likely to think twice if they are filling every seat. Since people have a tendency to be very vocal on coasters, and masks can slip on fast rides, I would want to stick with outdoor coasters. However, I am not a big coaster fan in the first place so it is not as concerning to me.

I would expect them to have to increase capacity as they plan to reopen more hotels.

What a horrible decision made by Disney. They should have warned guests and give them notice that they were going to change their safety measures so you can decide if taking a trip is the best option for your family.

There hasn’t been a decrease in cases. People have their heads in the sand.

Even if the roller coaster is outside you could have some stranger sitting right behind you screaming. Their mask could accidentally slip down. A number of things could go wrong.

You need mask +social distancing.
A mask is great but not fail proof

What a horrible decision made by Disney. They should have warned guests and give them notice that they were going to change their safety measures so you can decide if taking a trip is the best option for your family.

There hasn’t been a decrease in cases. People have their heads in the sand.

Even if the roller coaster is outside you could have some stranger sitting right behind you screaming. Their mask could accidentally slip down. A number of things could go wrong.

You need mask +social distancing.
A mask is great but not fail proof

Over 250,000 cases yesterday, so no, they aren’t going down.

People will tell you masks or social distance when in reality it’s supposed to be both.

Lot of denial as usual.

Over 250,000 cases yesterday, so no, they aren’t going down.

People will tell you masks or social distance when in reality it’s supposed to be both.

Lot of denial as usual.

The biggest denial is taking a nonessential vacation during a pandemic.
That Disney can create a safe bubble in a place with thousands of people at one time.

The biggest denial is taking a nonessential vacation during a pandemic.
That Disney can create a safe bubble in a place with thousands of people at one time.

I don’t disagree. I was warming to the idea of going in April, but the story about the man on the United flight and the emergency landing changed my mind. I’ll wait and see before booking anything in the first half of 2021.

Having to use the CTA here, I think I'm desensitized to every row being filled on rides.

They say they have capacity limits on the bus, but it doesn't stop people sitting directly in front or behind me. At least everyone is masked.

So for me, this new process at Disney wouldn't play a part in any decision to go or not go.

We are going end of April/early May and I expect the cases levels, hospitalizations and deaths to be VASTLY different by the time we go, in a good way.

And I work at a hospital and I expect I'll be vaccinated before then and Micky will be through VA.

Last edited:
And once again it’s Disney that gets the bad press over it. UO (and probably Sea World) have been loading full rows of guests on most rides now for a couple of months. But Disney begins to do it on a couple of rides (or adds additional plexiglass to allow them to do it) and they get the headline.

And once again it’s Disney that gets the bad press over it. UO (and probably Sea World) have been loading full rows of guests on most rides now for a couple of months. But Disney begins to do it on a couple of rides (or adds additional plexiglass to allow them to do it) and they get the headline.

Yup. When I brought up the UO coasters when it first occurred in Sept/Oct I was told it wasn’t a big deal because it was outdoors. Now that it’s Disney, it’s a huge issue. Not saying it’s not an issue. But some people also believe that the “Media targets Disney” is a false narrative, when it has clearly been shown to be absolutely true

Let’s see... the photo of a family on Small World shows everyone with a mask on & empty rows between parties. I’m assuming that coaster shown is at Universal? With 4 out of 7 people with masks off. And people are complaining about Disney. 🙄

Let’s see... the photo of a family on Small World shows everyone with a mask on & empty rows between parties. I’m assuming that coaster shown is at Universal? With 4 out of 7 people with masks off. And people are complaining about Disney. 🙄

The bold should replace “Most Magical Place on Earth” on the property entrance signs.

Hi All,

I just read that WDW has done away with social distancing on some rides (namely Expedition Everest, Rockin’ Roller Coaster, and Slinky Dog Dash). What does everyone think about this? It is certainly making me more nervous about our trip next month.

Mods- if this is in the wrong thread, please feel free to move. Thanks!

Yes, it is true. I just got back yesterday and those 3 coasters were seating parties in every row.

i can only speak from my experience in Magic Kingdom last week and all rides were social distancing including splash mountain and dwarfs. Unless there is a statement by Disney or we see a pic of full rows, i would not jump to conclusions. During buzz light year ride last week, cast member would not even sell a pic to a family b/c mask was under nose. i can't imagine Disney would shift that drastically from one week to the next. the implementation of policy changes takes time and training.

In the universal groups on FB I am in there were quite a few very unhappy with it.

Yup. When I brought up the UO coasters when it first occurred in Sept/Oct I was told it wasn’t a big deal because it was outdoors. Now that it’s Disney, it’s a huge issue. Not saying it’s not an issue. But some people also believe that the “Media targets Disney” is a false narrative, when it has clearly been shown to be absolutely true
I took issue with it then and I take issue with it now, especially at a moment when things are getting worse, not better.

People can have different levels of safety and comfort, but when you run an ad campaign promoting the distancing measures in your parks and then you start reducing those measures, that's no longer just about personal comfort. You're misleading people, and they don't even have to. The Guests in the parks now, myself included, may complain about long lines but they're not canceling because of them.

As I've said before, when you play with fire, you're bound to get burnt at some point, and as someone who wants the parks to continue to be open and decently-attended, that worries me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter