Disney PI question

so Dreamstuff you doing the College Program too this year?

I've applied for Fall 2011, no Fall Advantage for me, real Florida heat and I are not best friends, me being a northerner and all...although my family is originally from the islands, I have renounced intense heat lol.

Good luck, everyone!! I applied for PI's during my last semester of college and was denied by the 3 I applied for. I did a second CP and applied again and was finally offered one.

My advice to you is to really read the descriptions and the qualifications and make sure you match them. Even if there's one you really want, if you don't meet those qualifications, you most likely won't be considered for the position. Also, if you have an interview, make sure you re-read the description so you have the best understanding of what they're looking for. Do your best to show the interviewer that you have those qualities.

I've applied for Fall 2011, no Fall Advantage for me, real Florida heat and I are not best friends, me being a northerner and all...although my family is originally from the islands, I have renounced intense heat lol.

I hear ya on the "heat" thing Dreamstuff! Best of luck! and thanks again for your help last night!

Good luck, everyone!! I applied for PI's during my last semester of college and was denied by the 3 I applied for. I did a second CP and applied again and was finally offered one.

My advice to you is to really read the descriptions and the qualifications and make sure you match them. Even if there's one you really want, if you don't meet those qualifications, you most likely won't be considered for the position. Also, if you have an interview, make sure you re-read the description so you have the best understanding of what they're looking for. Do your best to show the interviewer that you have those qualities.

So Sarah you're a PI right now?

So Sarah you're a PI right now?

Yep, I'm a Magic Kingdom Guest Relations PI. It's a little bit different than other PI's because it's a costumed role in a park whereas I believe most of the other PI's are in offices and such. Also, Guest Relations has about 25 interns right now. Most internships don't have that many spots.

Yep, I'm a Magic Kingdom Guest Relations PI. It's a little bit different than other PI's because it's a costumed role in a park whereas I believe most of the other PI's are in offices and such. Also, Guest Relations has about 25 interns right now. Most internships don't have that many spots.

My DD's BFF is a PI in Guest Relations at EPCOT right now! ...when I saw your signature I was like OMG! :) Congrats on getting a PI in Guest Relations, that is amazing!!!! We heard a rumor that over 1100 folks applied for PIs for Guest Relations and only 24 or so got it...so we were so impressed when her friend got one!

My DD's BFF is a PI in Guest Relations at EPCOT right now! ...when I saw your signature I was like OMG! :) Congrats on getting a PI in Guest Relations, that is amazing!!!! We heard a rumor that over 1100 folks applied for PIs for Guest Relations and only 24 or so got it...so we were so impressed when her friend got one!

Thank you! Yeah, I heard there were over 1000 applicants....pretty crazy! Trust me, I still can't believe how lucky I am-- especially since I was denied for it the first time I applied.

Thank you! Yeah, I heard there were over 1000 applicants....pretty crazy! Trust me, I still can't believe how lucky I am-- especially since I was denied for it the first time I applied.

Can I ask what was your Major in College? Do you want to stay in Orlando and continue to work for Disney? Jennie and her friend, Josh do - they just truly love the area and both want to continue to work for Disney.

Can I ask what was your Major in College? Do you want to stay in Orlando and continue to work for Disney? Jennie and her friend, Josh do - they just truly love the area and both want to continue to work for Disney.

My major was communications/media studies. Right now, yes I would love to stay at Disney and in Guest Relations! There are other areas I would be interested in exploring but I love GR and hope I can stay with it after the internship.

My major was communications/media studies. Right now, yes I would love to stay at Disney and in Guest Relations! There are other areas I would be interested in exploring but I love GR and hope I can stay with it after the internship.

Well Best of Luck....and lots of Pixie Dust pixiedust: - I am sure you are doing a great job and I bet they offer you a position! Jennie is a communications/public relations major..she graduates in May. She is busy filling out applications for PIs today :)

Thanks for chatting with me...and again best of luck and again congratulations, job well done getting your current position!

^ great question! I would like to know the answer too! Is there a limit on the amount of PIs that someone can apply for?

I know they all say must have own transportation - but I can use public transportation or a taxi? I really want to apply for the PI. How important is it to have your own transportation? Can't I just use Disney buses? How far away is PI housing from Disney? Sorry for the bunch of questions. Thanks for your help

ya, the only reason I ask is because the FAQ's are a bit confusing. One answer said you can only apply up to three and another says that three is the recommended max, but you could apply for more.

okay...question for anyone who may know...

DD wants to apply for a PI...she did CP Fall 2008 and Spring 2009....she found a PI she wants to apply for...she graduates in May...but some wording under the "eligibility" is concerning us:

Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs

does this mean she can't apply or does this mean that you can't apply is you are currently in your 2nd consecutive CP? any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Ugh this scares me because I need 3 internships to graduate, no more classes left to take after I finish one in July so my plan was to do 2 CPs then 1 PI..... looks like I need to look at my plans again... anyone know how long you have to wait after doing 2 consecutive CP's before you can do another program (CP or PI?) Because I might be stuck going seasonal then one semester and doing an internship elsewhere. (Something I really don't want to do :( )

Ugh this scares me because I need 3 internships to graduate, no more classes left to take after I finish one in July so my plan was to do 2 CPs then 1 PI..... looks like I need to look at my plans again... anyone know how long you have to wait after doing 2 consecutive CP's before you can do another program (CP or PI?) Because I might be stuck going seasonal then one semester and doing an internship elsewhere. (Something I really don't want to do :( )

I think you would have to wait 6 months and then you would be able to apply for another program. However you do have to be either enrolled in college or currently on a CP/PI in order to apply for another one. I'm not sure if you will be still in school or have graduated but still completing your internships. That may be an important factor for you.

I think you would have to wait 6 months and then you would be able to apply for another program. However you do have to be either enrolled in college or currently on a CP/PI in order to apply for another one. I'm not sure if you will be still in school or have graduated but still completing your internships. That may be an important factor for you.

Still in school I can't graduate until I complete the three internships. It's crazy I think three is too many! Most programs at my school don't even require one! I feel like three promotes a lack of company loyalty by trying to force you to work at 3 different companies. I know where I want to be and where I want to go so I don't want to go through this crazy internship process... there is a resort near Disney that offers internships fall, spring, and summer so I might just work there and be seasonal for awhile but I hate the idea of doing that.

Still in school I can't graduate until I complete the three internships. It's crazy I think three is too many! Most programs at my school don't even require one! I feel like three promotes a lack of company loyalty by trying to force you to work at 3 different companies. I know where I want to be and where I want to go so I don't want to go through this crazy internship process... there is a resort near Disney that offers internships fall, spring, and summer so I might just work there and be seasonal for awhile but I hate the idea of doing that.

You could do like the summer internship with them first and then do a fall and a spring. which would make 3 internships. :) and I agree requiring 3 is a whole lot and a bit excessive if I say so myself. My degree required 1 although by the time I graduate I will have done 3. However 2 are through working at my school... so I'm not sure how much you would count those for. lol.

You could do like the summer internship with them first and then do a fall and a spring. which would make 3 internships. :) and I agree requiring 3 is a whole lot and a bit excessive if I say so myself. My degree required 1 although by the time I graduate I will have done 3. However 2 are through working at my school... so I'm not sure how much you would count those for. lol.

Summer is only alumni though, maybe I will apply for summer alumni next summer.... I'm a hospitality major.. I wish I had just done business they don't require any! I'm thinking of applying for a internship from now until I move to the orlando area in july but I REALLY don't want to being as I work for Disney now (off site) and don't want to take away my availability from Disney for another company.

They recommend applying for no more than 3 internships, but I applied for more. They did ask me to rank them, though. If you apply to more than 3, they should probably all at least be in the same category so it doesn't look like you're desperate and will just do anything.

As far as transportation, it is a REQUIREMENT that you have a car. Taking a taxi every day would be expensive and a bus might not take you where you need to go -- plus you would have to be living near a bus stop. Disney transportation will only take you to the parks and resorts and you can't ride CP buses.

@ashleykay89 - I understand your frustration but trust me, internships are a great thing to have. You can explore different areas and work for companies that are on different levels. Even though working for Disney is great to have as a hospitality major, I have a friend who majored in hospitality, did the CP and continued to work in 3 different roles and still didn't get offered a PI.

I figure that leaving the company would look worse then trying for another internship with the company. I'm in my senior year so there's not really many options open to me right now. I can either A) hope things go my way or B) leave the company.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter