Disney PI question

What if you did fall, extended to spring, and then extend your spring program into a different role each time? That is allowed, you just have to make sure you extend into different roles and each extension is approved (i.e. pay close attention to your record card). You wouldn't be able to do a PI but at least this would meet your school requirements.

you can't count on extensions being offered. If they are offered, they are usually limited. If extensions are available and someone meets the requirements to extend, they may not be able to just because of the few openings.

plus, you can only be in an internship for 12 consecutive months.

I have to do 500 hours per internship too... It's not fair. I got a job with my dream company my freshman year. I love Disney and only want to work for the company I love. Sigh.

They recommend applying for no more than 3 internships, but I applied for more. They did ask me to rank them, though. If you apply to more than 3, they should probably all at least be in the same category so it doesn't look like you're desperate and will just do anything.

As far as transportation, it is a REQUIREMENT that you have a car. Taking a taxi every day would be expensive and a bus might not take you where you need to go -- plus you would have to be living near a bus stop. Disney transportation will only take you to the parks and resorts and you can't ride CP buses.

@ashleykay89 - I understand your frustration but trust me, internships are a great thing to have. You can explore different areas and work for companies that are on different levels. Even though working for Disney is great to have as a hospitality major, I have a friend who majored in hospitality, did the CP and continued to work in 3 different roles and still didn't get offered a PI.

How did they have you rank them? Was there a spot on the application?

I just had my screening today at 12.... it was easy similar to the cp interviews except some of the questions were more difficult ... there was no...(whats your favorite character) questions lol

I destroyed the screening today pretty much aced it besides one question she got me to think a min or so... she asked "what is your greatest accomplishment over the past year" i was like geez what a hard question lol

Was your screening interview for the alumni applications or for the non-alumni?

Ohh goodness! Good luck! Did then give you any idea about the next steps?

not really ive heard that if they arent feeling you they go ahead and just tell you right after the interview... but after mine she said she would be passing my stuff along to other people so i guess thats a good sign.... i asked when to hear something else... she said to be on the lookout for emails or calls from restricted numbers and what not in the future... and that everyone should know where or if they will be somewhere by May 1st lol thats a long time

yes i interviewed for PI and Management... I put my resume in and application Yesterday... the 31

I did one on the 31 and a couple today. but i had a problem with my first two. I wasn't able to go in and upload certain cover letters like a did for the past two. The first two didnt require a professional reference. Is that a problem or what? I mean everything is uploaded on my profile, but the site ddint give me a chance to upload specific things for the first two I applied for.

i dont know lol i didnt even use a cover letter and they didnt seem to care in the interview lol

Cover letters aren't required. If there wasn't a place to submit something such as a reference, it probably isn't required and that's why. Each internship does things differently as far as interviews. I think management has an initial screening interview, then another one if they like you, and then a panel interview and then you'll get the offer if you make it that far. For Guest Relations, I only had the initial interview and then didn't hear anything until I was accepted. To give you a time frame, I applied August 26, interviewed September 3 and was accepted on November 19. They told us we would hear back by December 1. You will get an e-mail letting you know when you are no longer being considered for the position. If it's a position that does not require multiple interviews like management does, I wouldn't expect to hear back before April.

thanks. i hope i get at least 1. But its for the Animal Sciences internship, so well see. I hope i know before finals week at my school (easter week)

so xoSarah, my DD did her screening this morning...guess it went well? she has an interview for Sunday morning. What types of questions can she expect them to ask? She's excited and nervous :upsidedow:hyper:

And also thanks xoSarah you've been a HUGE help during this process to us! you're doing Guest Relations even in your off hours!

Good Luck to everyone!

I really really really hope they don't ask me for another interview for the few guest relations positions i applied for... because i absolutely smashed (in a good way) the interview i had yesterday and I don't know if I could do that twice in a row hahaha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter