Disney Resorts Reopening

I agree that is not fair to guest who can be planning another vacation.
Lsst night I tried to book a backup at Universal, but the problem there is that I have to pay in full. So right now I feel like i'm gambling for Disney to do the right thing

I dont see disney taking the time to go through update my balance if they were going to cancel me for not having a dvc resort booked.
I still strongly believe they will be moving ppl I'm shocked that CM would even say something like that as they havent been authorized yet to make any announcements
Yeah, I was taken aback at how blunt she was. Didn't seem very happy to be answering my question. I'm sure they're inundated with so many questions every day that they're likely just stressed out. Definitely not the Disney magic I'm accustomed to.

What are the odds (in your opinion) that Disney will cancel a guest at art of animation vs moving them to a DVC resort? I have a trip for the end of August and want to tell my kids, but I’m hesitant because I’m afraid Disney will cancel us if that resort doesn’t open.
It seems like there are so many mixed messages from Disney. I just called as we have a reservation at POFQ from July 11 to 21. I haven't bought airline tickets yet as I want to wait until I'm sure we will indeed be able to to stay at WDW...whether it be a POFQ or another resort. Castmember told me they're only planning to have DVC resorts and the campground open when they re-open the parks on July 11. I asked if our reservation is no good and she said yeah, you'll likely have to cancel or reschedule. That stinks... I hope she was just misinformed...

It is VERY unlikely that Disney will cancel you just because the resort you booked will not open. They will be moving people to resorts that are open. But right now I think they are waiting a couple weeks to see who cancels before they start the process of figuring out who is moving where. Oh, and getting the reservation system up and moving.

I hope you're right! Airline travel is starting to go up in price and I need to buy our tickets before they skyrocket. Thank you for your post!

my gut feelings
1) Disney will prioritize moving those with reservations at the NBA/MLS resorts because it doesn’t look good PR wise to cancel people for sports

2) Disney will likely cancel a lot of international reservations or reservations from areas that simply cannot get here

3)They will try there hardest to move resort guest but the earlier your trip the more likely you could be canceled on

4) one value and one Mod will open

just my opinion

Lsst night I tried to book a backup at Universal, but the problem there is that I have to pay in full. So right now I feel like i'm gambling for Disney to do the right thing

Will Universal offer you a flexible cancellation policy?

I dont see disney taking the time to go through update my balance if they were going to cancel me for not having a dvc resort booked.
I still strongly believe they will be moving ppl I'm shocked that CM would even say something like that as they havent been authorized yet to make any announcements
I think if your date begins at opening or later and your resort isn’t open, you’ll get moved. The only way they cancel anyone is if they’ve got more resort capacity than park capacity, and absolutely no one knows if that’s going to be an issue or not.

Last edited:
This was the full list released by the union. Like i said, that image seems to have been cut off.
Not sure there was much more to list since it was Alphabetical by resort name with YC last.

And for other's reading along, this is from the June 3rd recall list for the initial food and beverage offering for DVC and Ft Wilderness.

Dave

Really???? Universal is promising park admission for people staying on property. Can I add tickets and take advantage of that later?

Yes, you just need to be booked at a Universal resort. You can purchase tickets separately when and if you decide to go. You don't need to purchase a package in order to take advantage of it. You may want to consider just booking the resort now just to have something in place if you want to wait and see. I'm sure the people on the Uni boards can give you more info. I believe Uni is offering very flexible hotel and ticket cancellation policies right now. Some of the hotels even offer express pass for free which is a nice perk.

Yes, you just need to be booked at a Universal resort. You can purchase tickets separately when and if you decide to go. You don't need to purchase a package in order to take advantage of it. You may want to consider just booking the resort now just to have something in place if you want to wait and see. I'm sure the people on the Uni boards can give you more info. I believe Uni is offering very flexible hotel and ticket cancellation policies right now. Some of the hotels even offer express pass for free which is a nice perk.
I was just checking prices at Universal. They are only letting resort guests in the parks? If so do we even need express pass?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter