Disney Resorts Reopening

Are there DVC studios that sleep a 3rd and/or 4th person using a real mattress (either 2nd bed or murphy) and not a pull-our sofa bed?

I’d make a list of what you’d like. Then if they give other call and try to move. You paid for 2 rooms and 1 1/2 bath so be firm that you need the space.

If the rumors prove to be true, you will not have an option of where you would be moved. They did pay for a separate br, so I would assume any move would be to a 1 br villa. Being a worrier though, I also know that the cabins have a separate bedroom and those are most definitely not an upgrade. I don't think they'd do such a thing though. I assume the move would be to a 1br villa somewhere- and considering the cost of the suites, it ought to be at one of the pricier DVC properties, but who knows. It's a good idea to familiarize yourself with each property so you'll know what you're getting- but it may well be they won't contact personally, but just send an email saying you've been moved to x, y or z.

Are there DVC studios that sleep a 3rd and/or 4th person using a real mattress (either 2nd bed or murphy) and not a pull-our sofa bed?

Old Key West has 2 queens, all the rest have a queen and sleeper sofa I believe. Some also have a pull down bed (those sleep 5). Those pull downs are for one person and not super large.

OKW, the renovated studios at SSR, and Riviera don’t have sleeper sofas in studios. Poly has a sleeper sofa but, if it’s only 3, you can use the under the tv pull down bed for a child or smaller adult.

OKW, the renovated studios at SSR, and Riviera don’t have sleeper sofas in studios. Poly has a sleeper sofa but, if it’s only 3, you can use the under the tv pull down bed for a child or smaller adult.
Riviera and Poly sleep 5, unlikely you'd be moved to a room that has a larger capacity than you need. As far as I know, OKW is the only studio that only sleep up to 4 that has 2 regular beds.

This was posted by union so by the above list we can see some of the resorts and restaurants opening..

RiV studios, and renovated studios in Congress Park at SSR have the pull down Murphy bed instead of a sleeper sofa, along with OKW having two beds,

The other sections of SSR...with the exception of the Springs which is in renovation so its hit or miss...still have the sofa beds

The studios at RIV have a regular queen, a pull-down queen and a pull-down single bed. We stayed there in December and we found the pull-downs to be far, far more comfortable than the pull-out sofas you find in other DVC resorts. If I were a family of 3, 4, 5 and found myself being moved from a value, mod or a 5th-sleeper mod, I would not be disappointed with a RIV studio.

I often look for 2 rooms that are connected for space. We often do 1 or 2 bedroom villas. However I have also done the hospitality suite at Cr, deluxe suite at WL,

There are also 1 bedroom suites at deluxe but usually cost a lot more with little to no discount vs 2 rooms so I don’t do those but all of those options would be good,

After 2 stays at CSR in a deluxe suite I tried the 1 bedroom at RR. The room at RR was far nicer . It did not include CL however you could mobile order from your room and run and grab when get ready text which was super easy.

I’d make a list of what you’d like. Then if they give other call and try to move. You paid for 2 rooms and 1 1/2 bath so be firm that you need the space.

Good luck!

Thanks! I appreciate the insight!

It seems like there are so many mixed messages from Disney. I just called as we have a reservation at POFQ from July 11 to 21. I haven't bought airline tickets yet as I want to wait until I'm sure we will indeed be able to to stay at WDW...whether it be a POFQ or another resort. Castmember told me they're only planning to have DVC resorts and the campground open when they re-open the parks on July 11. I asked if our reservation is no good and she said yeah, you'll likely have to cancel or reschedule. That stinks... I hope she was just misinformed...

It seems like there are so many mixed messages from Disney. I just called as we have a reservation at POFQ from July 11 to 21. I haven't bought airline tickets yet as I want to wait until I'm sure we will indeed be able to to stay at WDW...whether it be a POFQ or another resort. Castmember told me they're only planning to have DVC resorts and the campground open when they re-open the parks on July 11. I asked if our reservation is no good and she said yeah, you'll likely have to cancel or reschedule. That stinks... I hope she was just misinformed...
There have been lots of rumors that they will only have DVC and FW open- that's why all the talk about people getting moved to them. But yeah, you never know what the truth really is until it happens. Heaven knows Disney isn't going to tell us upfront.

The restaurant list seems to have been cut off - they are also opening some restaurants at WL and Beach Club, as well as another restaurant at SSR.
This is what's been released by the union as called back to work as of yesterday, I'm sure more will come.

Must be a mistake, I don't see Trader Sam's on that list.
Not everything at the resorts will open June 22nd and this was a list by the union as of yesterday I'm sure more will follow but we've already been warned not every restaurant and lounge will be open

There have been lots of rumors that they will only have DVC and FW open- that's why all the talk about people getting moved to them. But yeah, you never know what the truth really is until it happens. Heaven knows Disney isn't going to tell us upfront.
I dont see disney taking the time to go through update my balance if they were going to cancel me for not having a dvc resort booked.
I still strongly believe they will be moving ppl I'm shocked that CM would even say something like that as they havent been authorized yet to make any announcements

If we get cancelled at CBR I will so upset. I have been planning this trip since last August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter