Disney Rewards card

Angie_T

Mouseketeer
We are off to DisneyWorld next week!! :banana:

I looked at the list of places online that say will take my rewards card as payment. Are there more places that I can use it besides the ones listed? I was hoping to use it at BBB and a few other places. Just trying to decide how much to convert to my redemption card if I can only use it at certain places. Where have some of you used your rewards cards? Thanks!

Just wondering how many of you think it is "worth it" to get a Disney Visa for the sake of the points and getting discounts at Disney?

I think it's worth it. Before our first disney trip in 2005, I got the Disney Visa about a year in advance, and used it normally. For me that means for gas, dry cleaners, clothes shopping, etc. I racked up about $700 in rewards dollars that year. I put them on a rewards card that we took with us on our 10-day WDW vacay and called it our "Free Money Card." All the kids' souvenirs were paid for with rewards dollars, as well as all meals that weren't covered by our meal plan. Like we ate at one of the signature restaurants and paid with the rewards card rather than use 2 dining credits. And at the end of the trip, I still had money left on the card and had them apply it to our room bill. DH loved it whenever I whipped out the Free Money Card! :love:

Two years later, we headed back down to Disney for Christmas, only this time I only had about 4 months notice (timing the trip around DH's deployment.) So I got serious about using the Disney Visa for *everything* possible. I managed to get over $400 in rewards in that short time. We weren't on the dining plan that trip, so that Free Money paid for a lot of our meals. :cool1:

To the OP, I don't know if there are more restaurants that take the rewards card than are listed online, but I suspect there are. I just don't remember ever NOT being able to use it wherever I wanted to during both trips.

:surfweb:

tagging along for the ride..I'm curious too about where I can use my rewards card..I'm definately liking the free money card idea...lol

You can use your Rewards Card to buy Disney Gift Cards at World of Disney, then you can use them wherever DGCs are accepted. :thumbsup2

The other thing we do (since we are DVC), which works if you're staying on-site: they're accepted at all the Disney Hotels/Villas, you can charge everything to your room, then pay for the room charges with the DDRDs.

We have used our Disney rewards to pay for tips while we are on the dining plan.

Some of the places I remember off the top of my head include:

Le Cellier
Grand Flordian cafe
Coral Reef
Prime Time Cafe
Kona
O'hana
Turf Club
Raglan Road
Chefs de France
Italy

and many others, in fact I don't think there is a Disney resturant/consession stand that does not take it unless they don't take credit cards (cash only like street vendors before the parades and fireworks)

We are heading on our fifth trip this Saturday to WDW. We have had the card since our son was six months old. The card has helped pay for our four other trips. We went last year at spring break and now have enough saved up to pay for our campsite ($81/6 nights) and our tickets, plus left a balance for our cruise in December. We have always used the rewards in WDW and have never run into a problem. It is accepted anywhere VISA is accepted within the World.
We are able to rack up so many points by using it for everything we purchase. We write one check at the end of the month to VISA and are able to #1 budget and follow our spending, #2 reep the benefits. I don't plan on getting sucked into the new offer where you have to pay in order to receive more points. Hopefully the double and triple point offers will continue to trickle down to us.

I have used my rewards card for meals, hotel purchases, merchandise. I love having the card for my trips....makes me feel better about leaving DH at home while I go to WDW to participate in a RunDisney event. ;)

We used our points for our first trip in 2009...it paid for 7 days (well actually 4 because it was a buy 4 get 3 free deal) at POR with park tickets. We use our Visa for almost everything (we pay our bill each month - so no interest charges)...and now 3 1/2 years later we are heading back and the rewards points are paying for about half of our 6 night stay at POR, with 5 days of tickets and the QS meal plan. I don't think we would go to WDW without the rewards points - makes the vacation much more affordable for us. We debated upgrading to the premiere card and figured that at least for this year we would earn about $200 extra disney dollars for the $50 fee.

You can use your rewards card at Aulani. My hubby and I were just there in March and we used it at all of the restaurants we went to.

We just came back from the Wonder on Alaskan cruise and we used the Rewards Redemption card to apply as on-board credit. It was very simple to do. We did it before we left via our travel agent at AAA.

Do the rewards dollars/points ever expire? I'm thinking of getting a Premier Disney credit card. Would I be able to save up points for 2-3 years and then use them for a trip?

Do the rewards dollars/points ever expire? I'm thinking of getting a Premier Disney credit card. Would I be able to save up points for 2-3 years and then use them for a trip?
The expire if you put them on a card to use, then the card expires after 2 years if you don't use them by then. Otherwise they can sit in your account not transferred for up to 5 years, then the oldest ones will expire first, as per this brochure.
We use ours once a year, except for last year since I knew we'd want to have a lot for our upcoming trip this fall. Saving up for 2 years worth of rewards to cash in is great!

From the DisneyRewards.com website:
Disney Dream Reward Dollars transferred onto a Disney Rewards Redemption Card expire on the expiration date printed on the Redemption Card. Disney Dream Reward Dollars in your Disney Rewards® account will expire 5 years from the date they are earned (and posted to your account). Check your monthly credit card statement for notifications of expiring reward dollars.

adoucet said:

Once you transfer your points to a redemption card, they are assigned an expiration. As long as the points are in you account they just accrue...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter