Disney Riviera Resort

I don't worry about sales demand...cause people leave their brains at home when they buy from Disney...

displacement into the other DVCs...that's what I'm afraid of now...in pre construction...
I'm mostly in your camp but I think with all the other resorts that have been added, it certainly waters the SSR effect, and maybe could handle the addition of a little CBRT runoff.... maybe.... Just hoping they have a ppn cost that is accurate and not ssr points.

I agree which is why I plan to keep an eye on these resorts. I wouldn't mind staying at either one and would actually prefer them to a few other DVC locations including CBR.
If this is you thinking of buying DVC--- consider the length of contract left compared to your age. Us old folks don't need to worry so much, but if you are a 20 something, you might want some of the longer contracts. Even if you only plan to keep for a while and dump-- I think when the contracts drop below 15 years they will begin to really lose value. I pick that number because it is the amount of time needed for a young family to have their kids grow up with disney trips.

If this is you thinking of buying DVC--- consider the length of contract left compared to your age. Us old folks don't need to worry so much, but if you are a 20 something, you might want some of the longer contracts. Even if you only plan to keep for a while and dump-- I think when the contracts drop below 15 years they will begin to really lose value. I pick that number because it is the amount of time needed for a young family to have their kids grow up with disney trips.
No not buying. Just conjecturing on potential reasonable pricing as a fallout of this.

Really afraid? Or another just sayin.

What would you prefer they price this at, and studio points per night?

Just going with sig dining on top with Fireworks views, main floor counter service, fireworks views from each side, a few min gondola to EPCOT and F&W etc, a few min gondola ride to Star Wars Land and DHS, a few minute gondola ride to the BW, and a decent pool maybe like AKV.

10-12 a night...unless they outfit the services properly...and we don't know that yet.

10-12 a night would be amazing but theres no chance...I think it will come in between the CCV/BRV and BLT LV

A bay lake style tower with those amenities...even with the sacred fireworks view and restaurant that 5% of the occupants will be in at any time...shared with caribbean is not worth that.

Even with ski lift to food and wine festival (it's so new and innovative :lmao:)...

So it depends on how much cash they are willing to invest...not just construction...the operation is just as important. 3 food locations? I think they need it. Now you have a bunch of hotels and two parks linked to it. Can't be overrun by outsiders...

If they do what I'm guessing...piecemeal approach...then I think the newness will wear off fairly soon and people will be wondering "what am I paying for at 22 points a night?"

The 22nd year of illuminations 2000?

People are bad consumers there...but unlike many on the DIS...more cranky than you think and less in awe of the scraps tossed from mickeys table at high cost...

We shall see...lots of unknowns.

Last edited:
Not what I asked.

What would you prefer the point cost be, with the basics we know.

Trying to be realistic...I don't think they will ever sell a "discounted" or second tier dvc point...judging by the fawning going on here (the typical "yes! Take my money, oh lord disney of the dothraki!!")...they won't have to.

Not what I asked.

What would you prefer the point cost be, with the basics we know.
All (or most should) of the current owners hope or prefer the cost will stay high. Keeps all or our contracts and resale prices high. I think at this point they won''t drop the buy in price...... ever...

All (or most should) of the current owners hope or prefer the cost will stay high. Keeps all or our contracts and resale prices high. I think at this point they won''t drop the buy in price...... ever...

Attachments

• IMG_5162.JPG
    IMG_5162.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 7

Didn't ask you.

LOL-what do you prefer the price to be, if you could select it.

Didn't ask you.

LOL-what do you prefer the price to be, if you could select it.

You not looking at this through the proper lense...it all depends on the amenities - in my opinion.

Bay lake tower type amenities is probably not worth more than what bay lake sold for - $125 or so...if they invest in a new amenities/services complex...then full price is warranted according to their policies.

You not looking at this through the proper lense...it all depends on the amenities - in my opinion.

Bay lake tower type amenities is probably not worth more than what bay lake sold for - $125 or so...if they invest in a new amenities/services complex...then full price is warranted according to their policies.

I gave you the most likely scenario we currently know. Wasn't saying exactly what will happen.

With that it sounds like you would price it $125 or so. All I was asking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter