Disney Riviera Resort

Well excuse me..... didn't know this was a private thread.

Since you quoted me directly (like I did LOL), I was just looking for LOL's response to my question. No bigs.

...but I would only consider pricing it after I knew what I had

And you have a lot of insight on this, and it seems to be the main concern for you on this project.

I'm pretty sure you are thinking $125 with only the info we have been hearing correct? And 10 to 12 for studios.

Just going with sig dining on top with Fireworks views, main floor counter service, fireworks views from each side, a few min gondola to EPCOT and F&W etc, a few min gondola ride to Star Wars Land and DHS, a few minute gondola ride to the BW, and a decent pool maybe like AKV.

And you have a lot of insight on this, and it seems to be the main concern for you on this project.

I'm pretty sure you are thinking $125 with only the info we have been hearing correct? And 10 to 12 for studios.

The roof top and the windows provide little longterm value.

Theyre nice...but the restaurant will only provide partial use and the windows provide 20 minutes a day and the occasional "wow...that's neat" during the day.

To me: it's about the other, less heralded services that make it a deluxe/dvc favorite...the gondola will help...if it's efficient and not too crowded...

But it's about pools, lounges, other food venues, workout and spa facilities onsite:..that make it the upscale experience that most in dvc want.

Theyre nice...but the restaurant will only provide partial use and the windows provide 20 minutes a day and the occasional "wow...that's neat" during the day.

To me: it's about the other, less heralded services that make it a deluxe/dvc favorite...the gondola will help...if it's efficient and not too crowded...

But it's about pools, lounges, other food venues, workout and spa facilities onsite:..that make it the upscale experience that most in dvc want.

The blt lounge is typically only full or maxed out around the fireworks-- but it is a lounge.... a restaurant will be different-- people need to eat all day long....

And I realize this post was only quoting someone else-- I hope it is ok if I respond here....

So what is your pendulum swing on this?

Is $125 your low end with what we are talking about? What is the high end with a workout facility, spa and another lounge?

The blt lounge is typically only full or maxed out around the fireworks-- but it is a lounge.... a restaurant will be different-- people need to eat all day long....

And I realize this post was only quoting someone else-- I hope it is ok if I respond here....

I think a single restaurant Is overestimated. It doesn't hold that many people...and where do you eat the other 8 times you aren't eating in a park that week?

The "good" hotels offer multiple options. Not Caribbean roasters...or goombay pizza.

...and I'll permit your response ;)

So what is your pendulum swing on this?

Is $125 your low end with what we are talking about? What is the high end with a workout facility, spa and another lounge?

I think if they do a buildout properly and really wreck the bones of Caribbean...I don't see there being a problem with full price.

I think I might see them doing somekind of "hybrid" that will fall really flat...but we won't know that until we see what's going in or NOT going in.

It has to be self contained...not mooch off Caribbean

Ok...real...slloooowwww

You agreed that Barbados tower could be an overflow hotel. The CURRENT overflow hotels are old key west, Saratoga and animal kingdom...

If they underbuild, underwhelm this...it would join them and put more strain on the in demand ones...

This isn't hard.

I really hate it when all those "overflow" folks book OKW and force me to go to a night at SSR :). Thank goodness it almost never happens.

It has to be self contained...not mooch off Caribbean

Agreed. Although, if its $125 we will add on for sure. And/or also use points at 7 months when possible.

And 10 point stays ($50 of dues) would be highly sought after at 7 months IMO, spa or no spa.

I actually think 20 to 30 would be high demand, esp with Star Wars, F&W and BW minutes away guaranteed. Be interesting.

Either way, another option coming our way is even more excellent news.

I went to Copper Creek this weekend. I paid $300 with tax to stay in a deluxe studio. If they make Riviera ANYTHING like Copper Creek, I'm hooked. Copper Creek was amazing and I ALWAYS, ALWAYS whine and complain about Disney hotel prices, but man, while I'm mad at myself for paying $300, I have no regrets.

I went to Copper Creek this weekend. I paid $300 with tax to stay in a deluxe studio. If they make Riviera ANYTHING like Copper Creek, I'm hooked. Copper Creek was amazing and I ALWAYS, ALWAYS whine and complain about Disney hotel prices, but man, while I'm mad at myself for paying $300, I have no regrets.
Copper creek is wilderness lodge...so you know...wilderness lodge with a redone pool and that bar/restaurant thing on the water.

What's "amazing" about it?

Copper creek is wilderness lodge...so you know...wilderness lodge with a redone pool and that bar/restaurant thing on the water.

What's "amazing" about it?

The atmosphere. The rooms. The comfort of said rooms. The location. Just everything was very well done.

The atmosphere. The rooms. The comfort of said rooms. The location. Just everything was very well done.

But Wilderness is already a deluxe hotel. I'd expect $300 a night rooms. And it has 2 QS restaurants and a signature. I love WL- it's a great resort IMHO. Still goes back to the DVC at deluxe hotel vs. moderate.

Also, FWIW, Josh just did a review of both Coronado and Pop with the refurbed rooms. Looks to me like they are trying, at least at Pop, to up the image of it to a mod so they can charge more once the gondolas come on line. Lipstick on the pig...

But Wilderness is already a deluxe hotel. I'd expect $300 a night rooms. And it has 2 QS restaurants and a signature. I love WL- it's a great resort IMHO. Still goes back to the DVC at deluxe hotel vs. moderate.

Also, FWIW, Josh just did a review of both Coronado and Pop with the refurbed rooms. Looks to me like they are trying, at least at Pop, to up the image of it to a mod so they can charge more once the gondolas come on line. Lipstick on the pig...

I don't disagree with any of that. What I am trying to say is: if they replicate the Copper Creek model into something completely on it's own, we're in big trouble imo. Copper Creek was very well done. So, if they make CBR 2.0 like the WL model all with Copper Creek rooms, look out.

Exactly and that's what I'm fearing.

Double the price for cheap hotels (they're already double actually..so 4x)

The atmosphere and the location and 2/3 of the amenities were built in 1994...and THAT is what you ain't got at Caribbean.

I'm glad you liked the rooms...though they look more Hyatt than disney from what I saw. Had you ever been to wilderness lodge before, Who's That Girl?

...sounds almost like "no"?

I don't disagree with any of that. What I am trying to say is: if they replicate the Copper Creek model into something completely on it's own, we're in big trouble imo. Copper Creek was very well done. So, if they make CBR 2.0 like the WL model all with Copper Creek rooms, look out.

I'm getting confused here...did you commit the rookie foul of saying "I love disney! Everything is great at Disney! It's my happy place!"...and then use it to shield a "buyer:beware"?

If so...then tsk tsk

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter