Disney Skyliner Accident

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it be awkward letting it out in a waste bag while suspended in the air in a glass box with 9 other people, potentially random strangers, watching you?
Disney can advertise this as an immersive experience based on an up and coming prison movie!

3.5 hour evacuation time in the hot weather we have literally half the year or more would result in some people (the very old and young etc) dying from the heat. They have to figure something else out. This is taking entirely too long.
On the dis video they did mention that there is supposedly a back up air conditioner, but if I remember correctly it lasted 4 hours. So if they’re evacuating the entire system at these speeds there would be a big problem!

What’s disappointing to me is the lack of communication from Disney to the trapped guests. Intercoms still playing an automated message. What a joke.

This company can’t build a proper website. What makes you think they can build a functioning Skyliner?

Absolutely this. There’s no excuse at all for people having to resort to twitter to find out what the heck is going on after being suspended for an hour. Even if they want to be vague in order to keep people calmer, they owe it to the guests to have a CM giving better info.

just left Disney yesterday... noticed the Skyliner down quite a bit. Not something I wanted to try honestly. Way up in the air with no way down but the RCFD. Hope everyone is okay. This is terrifying and I'm at home.... I can't imagine the people there.

This is just the beginning of a long process of accident investigation, verification of hazard analysis (I.E. proof that Disney did its due diligence analyzing possible accident scenarios and their likelihood of happening). This is something that would have happened during the design process and city/state officials would have been involved and signed off on it.

Then a corrective action plan needs to be made, engineered, implemented and retested. this is MONTHS of work ahead. Lawsuits are going to happen. And nothing is ever going to fix the bad publicity that will come from this.

I feel like there will be at least one angry person who does their buisness in a bag and throws it out through the window vents....
For sure. This was literally the first thing I thought when I read that but having not ridden yet I didn’t know if that was even possible. If you’re already darn near fainting who in their right mind is gonna keep that scent around?

No idea if it will have an impact on sales.
Hope everyone gets off safe. Say what you will but after seeing this debacle I won’t be riding them, especially from April to November and I have ridden ski lifts since I was a kid.

Poor transportation choice given the demographics and climate.

If there is someone on staff who knew about a particular vulnerability in this part of the system, I really hope it comes to light. An investigation into the incident as well as an understanding of how these passed muster and how that decision was moved forward is in order. It's not just the accident itself but the insufficient evacuation protocols and resources that are making me question the commitment to safety above all else. Like, some comments above someone mentioned 2 different CMs gave different instructions about how to load a double stroller. How could their training have been so poor and insufficient for such a safety sensitive role? What % of these CMs are CP kids?

Absolutely this. There’s no excuse at all for people having to resort to twitter to find out what the heck is going on after being suspended for an hour. Even if they want to be vague in order to keep people calmer, they owe it to the guests to have a CM giving better info.

That's shocking to me too. They have a system that pipes fun info and trivia to every gondola on that system. They can't use it to keep people who've been trapped for an hour informed as to what's going on? Inexcusable.

just left Disney yesterday... noticed the Skyliner down quite a bit. Not something I wanted to try honestly. Way up in the air with no way down but the RCFD. Hope everyone is okay. This is terrifying and I'm at home.... I can't imagine the people there.

This is just the beginning of a long process of accident investigation, verification of hazard analysis (I.E. proof that Disney did its due diligence analyzing possible accident scenarios and their likelihood of happening). This is something that would have happened during the design process and city/state officials would have been involved and signed off on it.

Then a corrective action plan needs to be made, engineered, implemented and retested. this is MONTHS of work ahead. Lawsuits are going to happen. And nothing is ever going to fix the bad publicity that will come from this.

I happen to agree with this. Something this big happening so soon after an opening. I would not be surprised at all of this thing was shutdown for a while after this.

So you hear about these companies, groups, whatever, in their heyday and then some super tragic thing happens and the group is just destroyed. Hopefully this isn't that turning point for Disney but between their rising prices, lowered 'magic', failures with SWGE and now this, I can't help but wonder. Disney does not have a very good name for itself right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter