Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

No. All branches start from CBR at the same time.
What about using the Skyliner to get to Epcot for EMH? Does it start up before 8 a.m.?
Not necessarily. After getting my boarding group on Monday, I took the Skyliner from DHS to CBR, at 8:20am they wouldn’t let anyone take the Skyliner from CBR to Riviera because Epcot was closed.
Despite every Skyliner sandwich board saying the Epcot line opened at 7:30

Not necessarily. After getting my boarding group on Monday, I took the Skyliner from DHS to CBR, at 8:20am they wouldn’t let anyone take the Skyliner from CBR to Riviera because Epcot was closed.
Despite every Skyliner sandwich board saying the Epcot line opened at 7:30
That's disappointing and something to keep in mind as I was considering booking a breakfast at Cape May since I thought I'd be able to take the Skyliner to Beach Club for an early dining reservation. Do you have any idea if the boats were running? Guess I could take the Skyliner to DHS then a boat from there if we had to.

That's disappointing and something to keep in mind as I was considering booking a breakfast at Cape May since I thought I'd be able to take the Skyliner to Beach Club for an early dining reservation. Do you have any idea if the boats were running? Guess I could take the Skyliner to DHS then a boat from there if we had to.
Unfortunately, I did not look at the boat dock.

From what I'm reading, bus times from Skyliner resorts is being reduced to one bus every hour. Unfortunately, it sound like the hour is random and the posted times aren't accurate. Then, if the Skyliner is not up and running early, it kind of sounds like a nightmare in figuring out when a bus would be available. Anyone know how this is actually working, especially when trying to get to HS for a boarding group?

From what I'm reading, bus times from Skyliner resorts is being reduced to one bus every hour. Unfortunately, it sound like the hour is random and the posted times aren't accurate. Then, if the Skyliner is not up and running early, it kind of sounds like a nightmare in figuring out when a bus would be available. Anyone know how this is actually working, especially when trying to get to HS for a boarding group?
On Monday, our CBR stop had a 6:10 bus (that we just missed..DONT make our mistake and walk towards a closed, moving Skyliner with no CM’s boarding) and a 6:40 bus that dropped us off at 6:55, just enough time to quickly walk to the no bag line, and through the tapstyle at 6:58 which was enough time for BG 50.

The app kinda had the 1st bus but not the 2nd.

On Monday, our CBR stop had a 6:10 bus (that we just missed..DONT make our mistake and walk towards a closed, moving Skyliner with no CM’s boarding) and a 6:40 bus that dropped us off at 6:55, just enough time to quickly walk to the no bag line, and through the tapstyle at 6:58 which was enough time for BG 50.

The app kinda had the 1st bus but not the 2nd.
Was there anywhere posted that there would be a 6:10 bus? You were really lucky to get a BG 50. Perhaps there is hope for us skyliner resorts after all, but unfortunately you still have to walk over to the skyliner to see if it is running.

Was there anywhere posted that there would be a 6:10 bus? You were really lucky to get a BG 50. Perhaps there is hope for us skyliner resorts after all, but unfortunately you still have to walk over to the skyliner to see if it is running.
Nothing posted, just general reports.

Bus schedule for SkyLiner resorts will stay exactly how it’s been (not reduced) before the SkyLiner opens. they get reduced to 1 an hour after the SkyLiner opens. Also the reduced bus schedule will only be for Epcot and HS. Magic Kindgom and Animal Kingdoms bus schedule is not getting reduced. @ThistleMae I‘s sure your aware of that part, but I didn’t want anyone to think ALL parks were getting reduced.

If you want to be at HS for a 7 or 8am opening, there are buses that start about an hour and a half before opening which should get you to HS in plenty of time. The problem is, super early buses are a bit unpredictable and not always regular. If you miss the first bus, you may need to wait awhile for the next one, and at a huge resort like Pop, buses fill up fast. There may be extra long lines. If getting a boarding group is a priority, I would strongly consider Uber or Lyft. With boarding groups filling up in minutes of park opening, I probably wouldn’t chance a bus wait or skyliner delay.

I’m in Canada but my weather app has Lake Burma Vista (Disney) as a favourite. There is a high wind warning issued for today. It will be interesting to find out if the Skyliner is affected in any way as I know high winds was one of the unknowns we discussed here before it opened.

If anyone is there, does it appear the Skyliner is running as usual? If you ride, was it any different feeling from other days?

I’m in Canada but my weather app has Lake Burma Vista (Disney) as a favourite. There is a high wind warning issued for today. It will be interesting to find out if the Skyliner is affected in any way as I know high winds was one of the unknowns we discussed here before it opened.

If anyone is there, does it appear the Skyliner is running as usual? If you ride, was it any different feeling from other days?
I live in Orlando. No wind today??

I think the under appreciated perk of some of the resorts is the walking distance to the park.
Contemporary/bay lake and soon Floridian and to an extent Poly have that benefit. For epcot, board walk, beach and yacht club and even swan and dolphin.
I was very surprised that the next DVC was at the old river country site. I would think the front of epcot would be the ideal next spot.
While the perk of a boat, monorail or skyliner is very real, there is something to be said for just walking out your door and to the park.

I have to wonder if the Riviera was envisioned before or after the skyliner was envisioned?
My uneducated guess is they wanted to use that land to cut down on some of CBR inventory, and drop a DVC in. I remember I wanna say 5 or so years ago, there was a rumor of them dredging a canal out there that would be able to connect to the epcot/DHS waterway. Skyliner seems to be the most economical of those options, as it’s special transport for what I’d imagine is much cheaper than a whole dredging operation.
Can definitely agree about the perks of walking though. Love staying at BLT and being able to pop right over to MK. Was able to go out and solo a few things in MK when it was open late one night last trip purely out of that convenience.

I think the canal rumor was a result of the more hashed out DVC at CBR rumor. Folks rightly guessed there had to be some sort of premium access to a park, and the close proximity to Epcot let folks armchair imagineer the solution. I know I was one that spitballed a canal might be an option.

Some thought another entrance at Germany would work, and maybe a water way there, and others thought a water way west connecting into the DHS-Epcot canal.

I'm still surprised at the routing of the skyliner. Makes perfect sense as the focal point on Riviera, but feels like like the skyliner route is an after thought or add on from a pre-existing plan.
I would have used the Riviera as a hub, so it had a non transfer option to each park. The turn station is not ideal.
I might have torn down Aruba for the Riviera and put the hub on Jamaica.
In general I think the Aruba location would have been more ideal overall for the riviera for views, transportation and the like, but there must have been some other overriding factor.

Depending on how the sales work out for Riviera, I could see them trying to do something similar on the south end of POR french quarter/ north end of OKW complete with skyliner connecting Disney springs(and their resorts) with the front gate of epcot.

I think the canal rumor was a result of the more hashed out DVC at CBR rumor. Folks rightly guessed there had to be some sort of premium access to a park, and the close proximity to Epcot let folks armchair imagineer the solution. I know I was one that spitballed a canal might be an option.

Some thought another entrance at Germany would work, and maybe a water way there, and others thought a water way west connecting into the DHS-Epcot canal.

I'm still surprised at the routing of the skyliner. Makes perfect sense as the focal point on Riviera, but feels like like the skyliner route is an after thought or add on from a pre-existing plan.
I would have used the Riviera as a hub, so it had a non transfer option to each park. The turn station is not ideal.
I might have torn down Aruba for the Riviera and put the hub on Jamaica.
In general I think the Aruba location would have been more ideal overall for the riviera for views, transportation and the like, but there must have been some other overriding factor.

Depending on how the sales work out for Riviera, I could see them trying to do something similar on the south end of POR french quarter/ north end of OKW complete with skyliner connecting Disney springs(and their resorts) with the front gate of epcot.
I doubt there would be a connection from Disney Springs to any of the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter