Disney Summer Virtual Series 2021

But if virtual races sell out this quick, I’m terrified about the task of trying to sign up for a live race if they finally return. The demand is going to be out of control.
Yeah this is my only thought after registration today. Especially if in-person caps are lower for distancing reasons for those first few races. Plus the Club runDisney folks need spaces saved for a guaranteed entry. It's going to take 5 different devices at the ready and a miracle.

I don't think they will bring back the races at reduced capacity. It makes no sense for them to go through the hassle of having all the infrastructure in place for less people even if they charged twice the amount. They can clearly have a race in January. There's 30 ways you can make it work by then if you really wanted to, no need to list them. People seem to think that if people are still catching this, nothing can go back to normal. That's not actually true, but I understand it's hard for people to get there head around that. The sad this is we care about this more than they do and its understandable. I don't think this make there's top 10 of things they want/need back. Once they go tired of dealing with Anaheim, they just ended the West Coast races. That construction got cancelled a while ago, there was no indication they were going to bring those races back. This could take a while and it's not up to the virus, but our reservations are made for November and January just in case!

I think there’s two similar threads going relating to the virtual runs this summer so I’ll ask this question here too (if that’s allowed): I’m not a US resident but really want to take part. Someone mentioned ‘reshipping’ to get a US address that then forwards things to me in the UK. I’d be happy to this but I wouldn’t want to cause any upset or offence to anyone so wondered how people here felt about me doing it? I’d be keen to do the full Challenge so it’s not a sold out thing (yet at least).

Also, I’ve not taken part in any run disney things yet so have 101 questions about how you say when you’ve run and submit times etc.

I think there’s two similar threads going relating to the virtual runs this summer so I’ll ask this question here too (if that’s allowed): I’m not a US resident but really want to take part. Someone mentioned ‘reshipping’ to get a US address that then forwards things to me in the UK. I’d be happy to this but I wouldn’t want to cause any upset or offence to anyone so wondered how people here felt about me doing it? I’d be keen to do the full Challenge so it’s not a sold out thing (yet at least).

Also, I’ve not taken part in any run disney things yet so have 101 questions about how you say when you’ve run and submit times etc.

‘The virtual races used to be open to international runners, but were restricted to US addresses because of the increased cost and hassle of international shipping (per RunDisney). A large portion of the in person races is typically international runners. I can’t speak for everyone, but I doubt many, if any, of the folks here would mind your participation. It’s a very open and welcoming group. Also, technically, the virtual races are limited to runners with a US address. International runners are not prohibited. Since you’ll have a US address through the reshipper, you’re as valid a participant as anyone.

RunDisney is also quite informal about the runs. Once you’ve registered you’re free to run whenever and however you want. The medals will be shipped automatically with no requirement to submit a time. There’s sometimes confusion around time submission, as you can print your own completion certificate by entering a time in your RunDisney account, but it’s completely optional and there’s no proof required for that time.

Last edited:

Go for it if you can make the logistics work. No offense taken. @camaker is spot on about the casual implementation of the virtual race. I think Disney is just looking for the easiest way to keep the revenue stream going.

Here's an alternate solution..... have a travel-starved American deliver it to your door! 😁 (I am only part joking--I miss my trips to anywhere in the UK)

Go for it if you can make the logistics work. No offense taken. @camaker is spot on about the casual implementation of the virtual race. I think Disney is just looking for the easiest way to keep the revenue stream going.

Here's an alternate solution..... have a travel-starved American deliver it to your door! 😁 (I am only part joking--I miss my trips to anywhere in the UK)
Lol, if someone one wants to pay for my round trip I will soo hand deliver the medals and I am fully vaccinated so will be allowed in most countries, just saying :)

I wonder if they "cap" the number of individual races so they can (a) encourage/force more folks to register/pay for the full series and (b) ensure that they can have an equal number of medals medals made. I'm not sure the second one is super compelling, but maybe it's just easier for them not to have 3x one medal compared to another. The first reasondoes seem compelling (financially). There may be plenty of people who only like one or two of the medals. This way you force them to pay for all of them regardless.

Speaking of which, I signed up/payed for all the medals. Lion King is one of my favorite Disney animated movies. I love the Broadway production as well. I'm not as keen on the remake, so I might have been one of the folks that only signed up for 2 of the races if they didn't sell out. Of course, I like the series medal a bunch too....

Just got an e-mail regarding the Virtual races and it has the following stated:

Keep your paws on this email
Once ALL participants registered with this email address have completed their run(s), click the “Finished” button below to let us know. Can’t be undone once clicked.

I don't remember seeing that before for the previous virtual races. I'm wondering if you have to click that button now before they send out the medals?

Hi All, Not sure if this is the right thread... I will be at Disney this summer and was wondering if there is a 5k course you all can recommend. I know the race is virtual but still would love to do it on Disney property. The plan was to start at beach club and run to Rivera/Caribbean, but was not sure if there is a better 5k.

Hi All, Not sure if this is the right thread... I will be at Disney this summer and was wondering if there is a 5k course you all can recommend. I know the race is virtual but still would love to do it on Disney property. The plan was to start at beach club and run to Rivera/Caribbean, but was not sure if there is a better 5k.
I would run the boardwalk to DHS path to DHS entrance and then back (going back the rest of the way around Crescent Lake). That would be about 2.5 miles, then one more small loop just around Crescent Lake should get you to about 5k.

I would run the boardwalk to DHS path to DHS entrance and then back (going back the rest of the way around Crescent Lake). That would be about 2.5 miles, then one more small loop just around Crescent Lake should get you to about 5k.
When I was there in January, I planned to walk the 5k within the walking paths of AoA and Pop. Here's the plan I had:

https://www.maps.ie/map-my-route/viewMap.php?route=161683
Of course when we got there, things changed and we chose not to do it there and just did it back home, but the thought was there, lol

ETA: Meant to quote @alexpgoldman

I love the path around the lake at Pop/AoA.
Yes! I really wanted to do it too, but with 4 park days and a beach day, we were exhausted!

That website allows you to create a path and shows you the distance, so even if you wanted a different route, you could plan it there.

Just got an e-mail regarding the Virtual races and it has the following stated:

Keep your paws on this email
Once ALL participants registered with this email address have completed their run(s), click the “Finished” button below to let us know. Can’t be undone once clicked.

I don't remember seeing that before for the previous virtual races. I'm wondering if you have to click that button now before they send out the medals?

In true Disney IT fashion, I have NOT received an email like that.

Are you registered for an individual event or the “challenge”?

Just getting around to printing my bibs for the 3 summer runs - don't remember them being the SAME BIB. I always got 3 different bibs and numbers.....not too excited about this.

I think it’s always been that way for challenges? I know I’ve seen this asked in a couple of other places (not the dis), and I know for sure that for princess weekend the challenge was one bib for both races.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter