Disney Vacation Club Holidays in Hollywood

Why not? Is there a specific clause in your AP “contract”? Is it the right thing to do from a public opinion lens? No. But they have every right to do it if they so choose.

Yes. It's why they are in court and suspended ap sales for reasons very similar.

What I don’t appreciate about this is all the guests who booked deluxe stays, bought their multiday tickets and made their park reservations only to find later that HS is holding 2 rare EEH’s at HS which they’re seemingly entitled to except for the fact that park reservations are artificially gone. Oh but there’s an answer for that. Another $160 each to get in.

It’s become obvious the way park reservations are being used as a manipulation tool to force guests into parks other than what they’d prefer. In this case how can park reservations be gone IF they are still selling hard tickets for $160 to get in? This stinks. Yeah nobody has to buy it. Too bad so sad for those who can’t keep up with all the convoluted changes so they either don’t get to use their deluxe perk Or can shell out another $700 for their family of 4. And this family was from Denver. I thought they mattered.

You can get into the night hours as long as you have a hopper or AP. You don’t need a park reservation for that.

It’s not any different for this than the way the extra park hours work for MK and Epcot..

You either have to book that day for that park or have the hopper. So even those who want to go to the rare evening hours can just buy a hopper pass if they had already planned out their trip without it and those days are not an HS day.

Personally, I don’t see it as a big deal fi they want to offer an event at the park at night while leaving it open to others as well. It’s pretty similar to any other after hours event and this one does include food, beer and wine.

I think the reason they picked the night with the evening hours was because it gave those paying for this event even more time at HS if they are someone who didn’t already have a ticket for that day.

HS is also not sold out for reservations on the 15th or the 22nd which so as of today, everyone who wants to go to HS that day can still get a park reservation, regardless of this party.

ETA. Anyone with a Sorcerer pass would be blocked on the 22nd, so this could be something one might decide to do.

Last edited:
I will say it is frustrating to have all these bonus events all fall on Dec 22nd. We booked MVMCP that day a LONG time ago, now there are other things we could have done instead

When I read my email for this "special event", I initially had a puzzled look on my face as to why I'm even getting this "great deal" for this "special event." $160 for PizzeRizzo food and some beer/wine. The park will be packed on those days, so no real advantage on getting on rides, etc...

I then switched to laughing out loud and thought this is an absolute joke and something right up Chapek's alley. Iger is in, but the nickel and diming continues (I know it's only been a week). Hard pass, no thanks.

I just chatted with DVC member services to attempt to gather more info on the event. This is their response: "Celebrate the holidays as you dine as a Disney Vacation Club family inside PizzeRizzo at Disney's Hollywood Studios. More than just pasta, this festive feast is inspired by holiday traditions around the world, but mostly Italy. Enjoy entertainment for the whole family, and after savoring your second (or third, we don't judge) dessert, head out to enjoy the parks nighttime spectacular." "The event will go until park close. It looks that food and entertainment are the main event. I do not have much more information."

We already have a park reservation for HS that day, are staying at BCV, and plan to utilize Extended Evening Hours. There is really no value in this for us. If you don't have a ticket or park reservation for that day, or staying DVC/Deluxe, this could be for you.

"The event will go until park close. It looks that food and entertainment are the main event. I do not have much more information."
Is that regular park close or extended evening park close? If EE park close and a DVC member staying on cash in a value or a moderate is allowed into EE then that is a bunch of you know what. We already know EE is going to be heavily attended since it is so rare at HS. They don't need to be adding more and more attendance to it. Honestly, I think the EE was only added for Dec 15 and 22 so that they could gauge how the paid After Hours events are going to go.

Is that regular park close or extended evening park close? If EE park close and a DVC member staying on cash in a value or a moderate is allowed into EE then that is a bunch of you know what. We already know EE is going to be heavily attended since it is so rare at HS. They don't need to be adding more and more attendance to it. Honestly, I think the EE was only added for Dec 15 and 22 so that they could gauge how the paid After Hours events are going to go.

It sounds like you have to be using your membership in order to book so I think that would require being at a DVC resort.

You can’t book a cash room at the values or moderates via the membership

You can’t book a cash room at the values or moderates via the membership
I thought I had seen somewhere that it was like Moonlight Magic where as long as you had a qualifying stay on those dates (whether points or cash) you could register.

ETA: it is in the email -- cash or points:

Who: Eligible Members who have made a reservation/modification before November 27, 2022, 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time using their Membership (points or cash) to stay at a Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World® Resort over an event date

Last edited:
I thought I had seen somewhere that it was like Moonlight Magic where as long as you had a qualifying stay on those dates (whether points or cash) you could register.

ETA: it is in the email -- cash or points:

Who: Eligible Members who have made a reservation/modification before November 27, 2022, 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time using their Membership (points or cash) to stay at a Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World® Resort over an event date

But it says using your membership and you can’t book cash rooms via DVC for the values and moderates.

You can only book DVC rooms for cash using your membership. Now, you can use points to book the moderates and values, so in those cases, you might have a few getting EE.

Booking a cash stay at a WDW resort that is not DVC would not be listed as part of the membership.

But it says using your membership and you can’t book cash rooms via DVC for the values and moderates.

You can only book DVC rooms for cash using your membership. Now, you can use points to book the moderates and values, so in those cases, you might have a few getting EE.

Booking a cash stay at a WDW resort that is not DVC would not be listed as part of the membership.
Got it. I read that too quickly......

The actual event is 6:30 - 8:30pm. Looks like it will not include EE.

But if someone is staying DVC, they can go to EE, or are you saying the ticket for this event won't allow them to stay for EE like a normal ticket will?

But if someone is staying DVC, they can go to EE, or are you saying the ticket for this event won't allow them to stay for EE like a normal ticket will?
That is a great question. In my chat above the member services indicated until park close. So is that 9pm with day guests, or if you are staying DVC/deluxe you get EE? Maybe member services can help with that specific question.

We already have a reservation that day and staying at BCV, so we plan to attend EE.

Funnily enough since ticket sales start today and I’ll be there, I just clicked on the link to get into the “virtual queue” and it sent me right in to register and purchase. At almost 7:45 PM.

Nothing about this interests me but I was interested to see if it was sold out. Something tells me this isn’t the hot ticket event they imagined.

Funnily enough since ticket sales start today and I’ll be there, I just clicked on the link to get into the “virtual queue” and it sent me right in to register and purchase. At almost 7:45 PM.

Nothing about this interests me but I was interested to see if it was sold out. Something tells me this isn’t the hot ticket event they imagined.
You peaked my interest in availability too - and I was taken directly to registration at 8:30 pm. $674.12 for our party of 4 adults, no thanks.

1669771896674.png

So I spoke with MS today and she found the menu and shared it with me. Going off memory so may not be exact description but you will get the gist. It is a sit down dinner with ceasar salad, seasonal veggies, eggplant parm, penne with meatballs, pork with apple chutney I think, chicken breast with marsala, mashed potatoes and gravy, cornbread stuffing, dinner rolls and all you can eat dessert: apple tart, pumpkin pie, citrus cake with almonds maybe? Wine and beer. I got the impression you pick your entree. The event includes a reserved viewing area for the wonderful world of animation show. She did not say what entertainment would be during dinner but we were disconnected when she put me on hold to ask about accommodating picky eaters/allergies. I suspect a character or two in holiday attire. I did mention no pizza at pizzarizzo and she said she has the same thought! The animation show does not interest us. We have hoppers and park reservations. My Dad will only eat the rolls and desserts. Wouldn't surprise me if each guest gets a small "gift" of some sort but at the end of the day, I don't even want to justify this price tag for the offerings. I took my parents to the special event the 3 nights before TotWL officially opened and it was a similar price point. We had a ball and enjoyed it very much but would not pay that again to repeat the experience. I had booked this for the 22nd thinking I could cancel after the reviews on the 15th (48 cancellation policy). Not sure if I will wait for those reviews or not given we have sci-fi adr, ap's/hoppers, and park reservations already. Fantasmic HBD dining package on the 15th wins!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter