Disney Wonder Sept 3-7, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
..... I think it's hard because I've got so many issues with my parents, why would I wanna meet anyone elses?? :eek:

THAT is probably the problem.

Not all parents are alike. Some of us are wonderful, some are horrid and most of us fall somewhere in the middle.

Ask Tom ahead of time about his parents. What are their interests, what are they like, whatever you can get out of him. Then if the conversation lags, you can ask some leading questions and get them talking.

BEST WISHES!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING
turkeymouseearscopy.jpg

EVEN TURKEYS LOVE MICKEY!

Jan :earsgirl:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING
turkeymouseearscopy.jpg

EVEN TURKEYS LOVE MICKEY!

That is SO cute!!!

...I've got overtime again this week. I worked in three branches today alone. My ONLY break was the 1/2 hour between the first two and a ten minute walk from the second to the third. 8-6:15 with a 40 minute break, all of which was spent traveling.

This is ridiculous, don't you think? I'm pretty sure it's gotta be illegal, too.:headache:

Also, after three hours this morning at the office I'm supposed to transfer to next month I wanted to break down into tears or scream bloody murder at the top of my lungs. After only three hours.
After much thought, many tears and a lot of heartache I typed my resgination letter up a half hour ago and will probably give it out tomorrow. I love the company and the benefits, it's an amazing job for the position that I'm at in my life.. but I think it's a healthier decision to keep myself happy and persue school more actively next semester instead of working in a location that will have me stressed to tears and miserable all the time. I haven't not had a job since I was 16!!

That is SO cute!!!

...I've got overtime again this week. I worked in three branches today alone. My ONLY break was the 1/2 hour between the first two and a ten minute walk from the second to the third. 8-6:15 with a 40 minute break, all of which was spent traveling.

This is ridiculous, don't you think? I'm pretty sure it's gotta be illegal, too.:headache:

Also, after three hours this morning at the office I'm supposed to transfer to next month I wanted to break down into tears or scream bloody murder at the top of my lungs. After only three hours.
After much thought, many tears and a lot of heartache I typed my resgination letter up a half hour ago and will probably give it out tomorrow. I love the company and the benefits, it's an amazing job for the position that I'm at in my life.. but I think it's a healthier decision to keep myself happy and persue school more actively next semester instead of working in a location that will have me stressed to tears and miserable all the time. I haven't not had a job since I was 16!!

Yes it is ridiculous!!!
You got to do what makes you happy!!!

That is SO cute!!!

You have to take care of yourself.
Did you turn in the letter? Let us know how it goes. Either they will offer you a better schedule or you will work somewhere that does.

Vicki--thanks for the tree. Since TaeJa sent it to you I am counting her as a donor also, I hope you don't mind.

Thanks for the tree Vicki!!:goodvibes

I have Exam #3 today at 6:15 PM and I'm procrastinating on my studying.:upsidedow

I was going to go diving on Saturday but it's the day before I fly home and they say to wait 12 hours before flying but it's best to wait at least 24 hours so I can't do a second dive.:guilty: I'm still going to snorkle though, I just wish I could get another dive in there...most people did like 3 or 4 dives! I was going to do it last week but my back was hurting and I just didn't think it would be a good idea to dive with an achey back. Oh well...at least I'll still get to see the reef one last time, and be able to take more underwater pictures!!:cloud9: Help my housing pay for itself!;) :goodvibes

Geesh, this page looks like it's full of dancing trees if you scroll down it kinda quickly!

Thanks for the tree Vicki!!:goodvibes

I have Exam #3 today at 6:15 PM and I'm procrastinating on my studying.:upsidedow

I was going to go diving on Saturday but it's the day before I fly home and they say to wait 12 hours before flying but it's best to wait at least 24 hours so I can't do a second dive.:guilty: I'm still going to snorkle though, I just wish I could get another dive in there...most people did like 3 or 4 dives! I was going to do it last week but my back was hurting and I just didn't think it would be a good idea to dive with an achey back. Oh well...at least I'll still get to see the reef one last time, and be able to take more underwater pictures!!:cloud9: Help my housing pay for itself!;) :goodvibes

You're welcome!!! Good luck on you test!!!

Diving sounds neat!!!!! Post some pics!!! It must be beautiful!

Lisa and Vicki
Thank you both so much for my dancing tree!!! I am so excited I got it to work. It was such a great surprise to get it!!
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I wish you all the very best day with your family and friends, however you wish to spend your day(;) even in your pajamas if you feel like it Jan!!!!)

Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving

Journal Entry: November 22, 2006 (age 37) written by someone else

Why does Christmas get to have all the good poems? Here’s one I just dreamed up:

‘Twas the night before Thanksgiving, and all through the fridge,
Not a dish had been tasted, not even the rum porridge made by Aunt Midge;
The stuffing had been stuffed in the turkey with care,
In hopes of filling the loneliness the bird felt in there;

We, the owners of the fridge, were nestled in our Craftmatics,
While restive, hungry rodents danced in our attic;
When out in the kitchen there arose such a clatter,
I shoved my wife out there, to see what was the matter;

When what to her bleary eyes should appear,
But a surprised and plump man, drinking my beer;
I followed behind, in time for introductions,
And spied the strange man in the midst of larder reductions;

“I’m the spirit of Thanksgiving and the name’s Turkey Tom,
Have you got any more mashed taters – you must be Mom?”;
Before we could speak, he invited in his motorcycle club,
Eight enormous fat men in leather, all looking for grub;

They ransacked the room in search of more board,
Until Tom called the spirits by name (by then he’d grown bored);
“On Oliver Hardy, on President Taft, on Henry the Eighth!
On Big Bopper and Elvis, and the chubby cousin of John Kenneth Galbraith!”

(He didn’t even mention the Guinness Book motorcycle twins -
They had already gone next door, in search of loaded potato skins);
Tom shooed the other six from our kitchen, and right out the front hall,
Shouting “Wobble away, wobble away, wobble away all!”

My wife and I looked at each other with shock and dismay,
As we imagined all the hungry relatives who were headed our way;
Our Thanksgiving looked ruined, our cupboards bare frames,
But Tom said, “When no one has indigestion, you’ll be glad we came.”

And with that, he not quite hopped onto his Harley,
And shared with us words shaped by hops and barley;
“Happy Thanksgiving to all, including thee and thee,
and may you (burp) – oh, excuse me!”

Lisa and Vicki
Thank you both so much for my dancing tree!!! I am so excited I got it to work. It was such a great surprise to get it!!
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I wish you all the very best day with your family and friends, however you wish to spend your day(;) even in your pajamas if you feel like it Jan!!!!)

Looks like we will be getting dressed after all--casual though. One of DH's staff had surgery last week. He is single so often takes holidays to go scuba diving. Not this time. He will come at 1 pm and we will eat whenever the turkey is done--my kind of timing--no deadline!

Nice cartoon TaeJa!:rotfl:
Where did you find that poem--very clever!

Happy Thanksgiving all!

2.gif
4.gif
2.gif

Glad you liked the tree, Suz. Congrats on getting it to work! :cheer2: :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter