Disney World and the War in Iraq

dmc613

Earning My Ears
It is inevitable that people will cancel their plans, now that this war in Iraq is going to happen. As a cast member who cares deeply about Disney World, and what it represents, please, nobody should cancel their plans because of what is going on outside. I know lots of people will, and I am not saying this as hopes for Disney not to lose lots of money, but that Walt Disney himself knew and believed that this place is one of happiness, a place where people can go to remember that life is fun, that magic does exist. Why sit around and watch MSNBC when you can be riding space mountain or chasing poachers in the African Safari. Why not let your child hug Mickey Mouse and see their eyes light up, instead of letting them sit on the couch with you as they here about the awful things going on in the Middle East. Don't sheild them from reality, but don't deny them, and yourself, the magical experience you will have at Walt Disney World. Because I believe that Disney World really is where magic lives, your child's eyes and your own will tell you that.

-Dan

Well said. I am still planning my trip even with the threat of war AND I am being laid off. My family's happiness and seeing my kids faces when Mickey comes around is far more worth it than sitting around worrying.

Remember Matthew 6:34
"Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself."

Also 6:27
"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"

GO and enjoy!!

We are coming to Disney in May whether there is a war or not!
We went to Europe last year, and we worried a little about going but then I came across a verse from Mark - "Do No Be Afraid: Just Believe". So whatever happens, happens. We'll just have some fun along the way!

We got home last Sunday and are planning another 2 week trip for next March. I am, however, slightly concerned that WDW could be a target. I pray that isn't the case - and it will not stop me from going. I did hear today that the air space above WDW may be a no-fly zone. In any case, as long as WDW is still standing next March, we will be there without fear.

I purchased our Aps today! Not going til July! But we cannot let the terrorists win and have us cower at home! That is what they want! Also, stay strong, and keep positive thoughts for our Men & Women in the Armed Services. They, and their families need all our prayers!!

Our house and tickets are paid for! We are arriving on June 3rd.
I will not allow a group of murdering terrorists dictate how my family will live their lives. If we maintain our normal routines, WE WIN!!!

No worries about cancelling ... we just booked our June WDW trip yesterday (the day the war started!!!). Saddam and Co. can't keep us from WDW!!!! We are so psyched!

It seems to come from your heart ! I just got off the phone from adding another room to our May reservation so that our Mom can join us for a few days in WDW!!! Put it on my new Disney Visa too! We were there last year in April and the joy it brought to my son and family was worth every penny! We are planning to buy AP's and return next year before 365 days go by. We can all use a little Disney magic right about now!
I too am afraid of terrorists but we can't let them run our lives. I am saying prayers for all parties involved in the war.

We'll be there too. Infact purchased plane tix the day we started bombing. We've had a long hard winter with ear infections and pneumonia, lots of snow, and I am probably going to be laid off by the time of our annual fall trip so I investigated and it's just for a long weekend 5/15-19 but why not???? DD (3.5y/o) has been begging to go back since we came home in Oct and I don't need a whole lot of arm twisting. I'm doing it as a surprise for her instead of preschool one morning we'll go to the airport.. Can't wait!!!

We will still be there. We may cancel our reservations at this time due to uncertainty where everyone wants to stay.

We need to add at least one room and I want to make sure that everyone going wants to stay at the "right" hotel for all of us.

I personally don't care where I stay, I just thank God we have the Freedom to go.

Our first trip as a family was when my daughter was eight months old and this will be the first trip for my grandson who will be ten months old.

:smooth:Kathy:smooth:

My best friend and I left for a week long trip to WDW on September 20, 2001. We had been planning this trip for months, and we were not about to let the terrorists change our plans. A lot of people told us we were crazy, and while we were there we kept hearings stories about how the terrorists were going to bomb Disney World (because of all the people in a generally small area). We basically said, "Oh well, at least we'll die happy!" We had a great time, despite all the uncertainty in our country at the time. Bottom Line - don't let oppresive forces in Iraq (or anywhere else) change your plans or the way you live your life. If you do, they win.

Colleen

Dan,

Thank you so much, we where there the day the bombs started flying. We were there the days that the alert was up and no planes could fly over WDW. And I just have to tell everyone this - YOU ALL DID A GREAT JOB!!!! We saw alot more castmembers and it seemed at least to me and my family that you all went out of your way that day to make EVERYONE feel welcome in the parks. I'm eventually going to post my Trip Report and I have SO many GREAT castmembers to mention! I was going to attempt to buy WWWD buttons for each of them, but to be honest, I would be broke!!! We saw so many characters, it was unbelievable!!! The MK was only supposed to be open till 7pm (the times posted on the official site before we left) and they stayed open till 8pm. It was great! I will be sending my official pat on the back to Michael Eisner, and no I'm not kidding, I wrote him last year when I wasn't happy with the trip, I will be just as quick to write about my GREAT trip!

Thank you! and I hope this helps to pass the word!!!! You all are still making Dreams come true, in a time when some of us really NEED it. Thank you!

Thanks Dan!

We'll be there in Aug. The only uncertainty right now is DH's status. He is in the AF, and could get deployed between now and then. If so, I will take DDs by myself. :eek: Not an ideal situation, but I'm not cancelling on them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter