Disneyland Altered Letter Swap: Postal back to you!

Ann, they look cute though!

I just went through this whole thread and wrote down what everyone had already done, so I won't duplicate anything... off to work on these now!!!!

Those are very cute AWM! I hear you on the bamboo. Today, I cut out a wand and the pixie dust from the TinkerBell cart at 2", and putting all the little stars on was making me cross-eyed.

Thanks. I am done and bagged. I still need to label. I am leaving to pick up my kiddos from my IL's house tomorrow. I'll get these in the mail when I get back.

ZTH, I did the same thing. Going back to check on things already done. I had planned on a leaf but that was used. Went with the palm tree instead. I was going to use the bamboo on Pagoda. But that stuff cuts worse then the Beach cart one. Way too tiny of leaves for the height that would work with the letter.

I mailed mine priority today. The check for return shipping is inside the baggie with your hostess gift. I didn't want you to miss it so I figured I'd better mention it. Thanks again for hostessing!!

Packages from -em and Rita today! Cute, cute, cute!

And Rita, you know I love me some Stickles! Thanks!

Here are a few more of my groups

Main Street, Jungle Cruise, Parade and Fantasyland. The flash washed out the pixiedust icon, but it is silver, matted in pink with gold and blue stars. And there are two N's, although everyone is getting only one. I included two to show that some have Cinderella and some have Sleeping Beauty embellishments. The N in Main Street is inspired by the Dapper Dans, and the building is the Candy Store from My Community.

IMG_5344.jpg

Very pretty! Lou and I finished up Frontierland and Main Street today... that leaves me with 6 more, which will be done tomorrow night and Sunday, so I can mail out on Monday.

I'm sorry I'm running behind, school totally caught up with me, and I got overwhelmed with work. I promise I'll have these all done and looking beautiful and on time though.

Awesome job Hope! I'm packaged up and ready to mail, but I forgot to take it with me yesterday. I won't be able to get to the PO today, so it will be mailed out on Monday. I'll let you know when it's actually in the mail and give you the DC#.

Holy cow Hope. Have I told you lately that you do awesome work!!

Very pretty! Lou and I finished up Frontierland and Main Street today... that leaves me with 6 more, which will be done tomorrow night and Sunday, so I can mail out on Monday.

I'm sorry I'm running behind, school totally caught up with me, and I got overwhelmed with work. I promise I'll have these all done and looking beautiful and on time though.

Danica,

I think it's great that you and Lou work on these together. How did you talk him into that? My DH would never think to help me. You've got a keeper girl.:thumbsup2

Danica,

I think it's great that you and Lou work on these together. How did you talk him into that? My DH would never think to help me. You've got a keeper girl.:thumbsup2

Hahahaha, he asked if he could skip class, and I said only if you help me with swap stuff... :rotfl:

But he's not always so much help, haha. I had him cutting things the other day, and I finished 5 of mine before he was done with 1.... :lmao:

Traci's package arrived today. Thank you so much for the cards, they are beautiful!

I'm doneeeeee! That felt like running a marathon... and I somehow managed to ink my foot. :rotfl:

I'll post photos tomorrow, before I pack everything up. :)

Here are photos (I'm going to edit to add descriptions in a minute)

Fantasyland: Font is Harrington.
Paper is mostly from Kate's Papiere in NYC, it's supposed to be for wedding invitations and things like that, but it's shiny, with a muted shimmer, and I thought it would go really well for this theme. The pink is Gemstones though.
100_3175.jpg

Big Thunder: Fonts: U - Rambat Campotype. R - Playbill.
The U is supposed to be a smokestack for the steam train, the steam paper is from Inkadinkadoo's "Stamp It" - I don't know where the paper came from, I think my mom's friend gave it to us. The R is supposed to be the cowcatcher at the end of the train, since it's the last letter in Thunder.
100_3176.jpg

Jungle Cruise - Font is Cooper Black.
The G and U are both accented with Glossy Accents on the water parts - the G has the Drippy Goo punch used. The U is supposed to be a waterfall, with rocks at the bottom, like the part of the ride where they show you the backside of a waterfall, or where the elephant is sitting under the waterfall, bathing itself.
100_3177.jpg

Adventureland: R is Fairly Odd Font. L is SF Fedora.
The R has punched out leaves with Copic'ed veins, and the L has a fedora-like hat, since Disneyland has the Indiana Jones ride in Adventureland.
100_3178.jpg

Pirates: Font is Caribbean's Treasure.
The T is inked (thus the ink on my foot), and the silver thing at the bottom is a button
100_3179.jpg

Parade: Font is Storybook (not the cartridge, but from the computer).
These are the two different colors I used, each person only gets one. They're supposed to look like the Main Street Electrical Parade (or Spectromagic for WDW people).
100_3180.jpg

Tomorrowland: Font for the W is Cuttin' Up (Cartoon style).
The W has prism paper underneath it, to give it a force-field kind of look. The top W is popped off the prism paper. The tire is supposed to be the O, and comes from the Cars cart - it works because both Disneyland and Disney World have Autopia and the Tomorrowland Speedway, and both have Buzz Lightyear attractions.
100_3181.jpg

Main Street, U.S.A - Font for the A is Impact, but I cut it down. Font for the S is "Elegant."
The A is supposed to go in USA (doesn't have to, of course), and is made of ribbon backed with paper. The S is supposed to look like the hanging baskets that line Main Street on the lampposts - the flowers are crumpled mulberry paper.
100_3182.jpg

Frontierland: Font is Trading Post.
The first (and third) N is brown paper, run through the Cuttlebug with Distressed Stripes, and then I added Walnut Stain Distress Ink. I added a boot or a cowboy silhouette, depending on what you get, but everyone gets the second N - inked with copper brads.
100_3185.jpg

This was really fun, and I wish I had done these a little more spaced out, but everything that is coming out of this swap looks so amazing, I can't wait to get it all back and put them together!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter