Disneyland and crying

canadadisney

Mouseketeer
I am starting this post as I am hoping fellow DISers are just as sappy as me. I cry at everything Disney!! (and continually get made fun of by my loving family!)
I cry when we get there. I cry at the fireworks (when Walt talks I'm bawling). I cry watching my kids on the teacups. I cry when I see my kids faces when they see a princess. I cry when we leave.

And...(this is the one I get teased about the most) I always cry in the first five minutes of the Disney Vacation Planning DVD!!!

I remember my first trip to DL when I was about 7. As we walked up to the train station my mom started crying and I remember looking at her like she was crazy!
Now that I am a mom. I totally get it. There is something about that place that can stir up all emotions inside of me!

It's always an emotional rollercoaster but mostly in good ways. The first character my son met was Mickey and I almost lost it.

What about this... I got teary when I read your post! When you mentioned going to Disneyland when you were 7, it reminded me of one of my favorite Disneyland memories. I was 6 years old and I was running up the stairs to the Fantasyland Station for the Skyway (yes, I'm old) and I distinctly remember thinking, "I wish this day would never end..." It was dusk, the lights of Fantasyland were all aglow, I remember what the stairs looked like, the smell at that moment and exactly what I was wearing. :)

Oh yeah...the Vacation Planning DVD makes me cry too. When we were planning our kids' first trip last fall I would put the DVD in at night after they were asleep (they didn't know about the upcoming trip yet) and cry. I couldn't wait to introduce my kids to Disneyland! So you're not alone. ;)

You're definitely not alone! I've found it especially emotional since having a little one and seeing how he experiences everything. :love: It really is such a magical place.

I ALWAYS cry. Many times. The fireworks, watching my kids watch the parades. Meeting the Princesses. I randomly cry on it's a small world, the joy on the kids faces can set me off at any time.

I am going to have to try watching one of these Vacation Planning DVDs.:goodvibes

Me too! I cry at the movies, listening to the songs (we have all the cds of the park music and the music from the movies). I ALWAYS cry at the remember fireworks when Walt and Julie talk. LOTS of things get to me. I think for me it is just remembering fond memories of past trips as a child and of course now, as people stated, seeing it through my kids eyes but esp now I think the biggest part is that there is SO much meaness and hatred and just bad stuff going on in the world that Disney represents an escape from that and a happy place. A place where you can go and forget about all your troubles and it represents fun and fond memories of days gone by and good values and good ideals and it just brings out a lot of emotion. Happy emotion I think and nostalgia.

I just love everything about it. :)

Yeah, I'll admit, I'm a crier too. My worst time? Is when Dumbo flies over the castle during Magical! and they play Baby Mine. I tear up just anticipating it.

The other time? On mainstreet, during Christmas, when it starts snowing and Silent Night is being sung.

Both get me every time.

I won't admit to any other crying moments. :)

I cry and I don't even have kids. I remember watching the Electrical Parade when my family went 13 years ago and holding back tears cause I didn't want my brothers making fun of me.

And when I got my planning DVD a few months ago, I cried too. No idea why.

I am so happy that I am not the only one who cries at the DVD. I feel like Disney made it just for me.:):)
Also nice to know I am not the only one to shed a tear when watch the things around me. My DDs obviously know what sets me off 'cause the second I start to choke up, they turn to me and say, "Is mom crying yet?"

Ok so anyone get emotional watching clips of WOC? If you have seen any that is? To me I start thinking about how amazing it is, thinking about the special scenes in those films and what they mean and then how much it would have meant to Walt and how much I think he really would have LOVED this (it reminds me of watching the show on Sunday nights and THAT gets to me remembering the good old days of watching Wild Kingdom and then the Wonderful World of Disney on Sunday nights)

Maybe it is cuz I am getting older, maybe because I have kids of my own but this stuff REALLY gets to me. But then so does Extreme Home Makeover and sappy commercials etc. LOL I'm just a big cry baby I guess! ;)

I don't even watch Extreme Home Makeover anymore due to the crying!!! As for WOC, I haven't seen much yet. We will be going in October and I plan to watch it then and you can already put bets on I will cry. We lived on a farm growing up and The Wonderful World Of Disney was the only thing we had on TV to look forward to every Sunday night.

Ok, I got a little choked up reading your post ;)

I'm really bad at the fireworks though. Also, walking under the train bridge at the entrance. Especially when my 19 year son goes with me. It's like old times. Even though we want them to gow up and be independent, it's still a little sad :sad2:

OP I cried reading your post. I cry at so many Disney moments. My family thinks I am a sap too ;) and I am certain my kids who are all Disney crazy, will too. When you have memories there are emotional triggers. It's all part of the magic. :)

Yeah, I'll admit, I'm a crier too. My worst time? Is when Dumbo flies over the castle during Magical! and they play Baby Mine. I tear up just anticipating it.

The other time? On mainstreet, during Christmas, when it starts snowing and Silent Night is being sung.

Both get me every time.

I won't admit to any other crying moments. :)
Dumbo and that sweet song get me too! The first time I saw Dumbo fly, we were visiting without my DGD, which is a rare event, anyway I bawled I couldn't stand to be there without her.

Right now I am watching the Live Feed of WOC. It hasnt even started yet and I am tearing-up! The music is what gets me every time!

I cry during the fireworks, and fantasmik I will probably cry during word of color and I will probably cry when I have kids to, my bf thinks Im a nut lol:rolleyes1

I am 20 and my family and i went to Disneyland for my HS Graduation. And when we got there i cried... like a baby! Seeing my siblings faces ages 5-14 made me cry. It is just so exciting and emotional at Disneyland!:earsboy:

You graduated HS at 20? Were you held back a couple of years? :confused:
Sorry i should of wrote that better... Right now i am 20. I went to Disneyland for the first time when i graduated in 2008. As a family we have gone back every year since... Sorry about that. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter