Disneyland and crying

OP, I also cried reading your post :goodvibes Like someone above said, the memories trigger emotion. Disney is our escape from reality and the harshness of everyday life, even if it is just for one week out of the year. I cry during Remember, Dreams Come True among many other rides and character interactions. The planning DVD gets me everytime as well :goodvibes

I teared up about a million times during our trip last week, but the biggest tears came when Dumbo flies out and " Baby of Mine " plays during the fireworks. That song makes me bawl, always has.

I admit I get a bit weepy during the fireworks, too! And like others, at random times when a memory hits me. The snow thing at Christmas gets me every time! Even though I live where it snows and am not particularly fond of the stuff, (especially when I have to drive in it.) If I don't already have another trip in the works to look forward to, the last walk out is just so sad that I can't help but sniffle a little.

One time I did really cry at Disneyland was when I fractured my arm after crashing spectacularly on my Heely knock-offs coming off of Thunder Mountain, headed towards Fantasyland. The ground slopes nicely there, I had some good speed going. Good thing it was the last ride of the last night of our trip. I'd like to say I was a silly little kid at the time, but I was 23. :laughing:

We are from Alberta, Canada (lots of snow in winter). We went to DL one Nov. and I everyone was buzzing around Main Street about how excited they were that it was going to snow. I kept thinking, "how silly to get so excited over snow". My DH even said, "I just shoveled 2ft of snow off the driveway before we left, I am in no hurry to see snow". BUT when it did snow, I was crying AGAIN. Something about the timing and music makes it so beautiful!

Count me in as a snow crier. There's something about it - gets me everytime.

I'm a total crier... Songs, commercials and especially at DL. I cried just last week at DL! When we walked into the new rooms at the DLH and my DS turned on the headboard I couldn't help it:sad: Then during the fireworks when they played "Baby Mine" and Dumbo flew over the castle :sad: My kids are soo used to it that before the fireworks even start they ask me if I have my tissues.. Okay, they are probably being total smartypants boys, but I will keep thinking that they are just being sweet;)

I am starting this post as I am hoping fellow DISers are just as sappy as me. I cry at everything Disney!! (and continually get made fun of by my loving family!)
I cry when we get there. I cry at the fireworks (when Walt talks I'm bawling). I cry watching my kids on the teacups. I cry when I see my kids faces when they see a princess. I cry when we leave.

And...(this is the one I get teased about the most) I always cry in the first five minutes of the Disney Vacation Planning DVD!!!

I remember my first trip to DL when I was about 7. As we walked up to the train station my mom started crying and I remember looking at her like she was crazy!
Now that I am a mom. I totally get it. There is something about that place that can stir up all emotions inside of me!

Oh no don't worry hun. I don't cry quite that much, but we have gone on most of our disneyland trips after going through some pretty big trials in our family, so our time and investments put into disney always bring back some pretty emotional feelings.

I always have a lot of moments in the park when I go on a ride and remember a good time. Glad to hear another fellow disney fan who truly enjoys every single special moment.

Glad I am not the only who cries at DLR! I seem to cry all the time there . The worst was on our final night there( 2 years ago) and after getting a picture taken with Mickey one last time before we left, I am thanking him for sharing his home with us for the past week and I started bawling:sad:. And my DH snaps a picture of it:headache: Thankfully all you can see is the side of my face and that it is beet red due to my being emotional. Most people get all happy when they get a picture taken with Mickey, I start bawling!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter