Disneyland DAS?

eeudj

Mouseketeer
I apologize if this has been asked. I have used DAS at WDW in combination with Genie+. Can I do the same at Disneyland? Can I make DAS reservations while in the park on the app? Similar to how you use the app for Genie+? Or would I have to go to customer service each time I would like a DAS return time?

Thank you in advance

DAS at Disneyland works the same as at WDW. I've done both with my son in the last year. The only major difference I noticed was that WDW had some character meet and greets available with DAS that I don't remember being an option at Disneyland.

At both places we booked our DAS return times using the apps. We only went to guest services when we (rarely) had a problem with our DAS.

Same location as on the WDW app. On the bottom, go to the 3 lines on the right and click those. Then scroll down and it will be there once you enter the park.

I assume I can only click on the lines once in the park?
You can click on the lines before, but your DAS won’t show up until after the first time you have entered a park.
Once you have entered a park for the first time, you will see a DAS tile and when you tap on it, you will see a list of DAS Eligible Attractions. Tap on the one you want to make a DAS Return Time for.
These screenshots are039DF004-E0DD-448C-A58A-8D13FFEAA627.png0300D320-D3E0-4E79-97FD-ADAB3BE60B63.png from the short video at the top of the Disneyland DAS webpage.

no, you can click on the lines any time, but the DAS button on the page once you click the lines won't appear until you're in the parks

Not totally true. Once you have visited the parks the first time, if your DAS is active, the tile will show up even when you haven't yet scanned in. It will let you go so far as requesting a return time, and selecting your party, before telling you you must be scanned into the park to proceed.

Not totally true. Once you have visited the parks the first time, if your DAS is active, the tile will show up even when you haven't yet scanned in. It will let you go so far as requesting a return time, and selecting your party, before telling you you must be scanned into the park to proceed.
Correct; it'll go all the way until confirm page where it errors out and says xxx party are not in the park.

FYI -- there's no second touch point for even the popular rides at DLR; so once you've scanned into the first section, the prior pass will clear and you'll be able to select a new DAS return time.

DAS at Disneyland works the same as at WDW. I've done both with my son in the last year. The only major difference I noticed was that WDW had some character meet and greets available with DAS that I don't remember being an option at Disneyland.
Can anyone tell me if there are any rides that are not available to book via DAS? I know not every ride at DLR has a lightning lane.

Can anyone tell me if there are any rides that are not available to book via DAS? I know not every ride at DLR has a lightning lane.
If no LL; they will typically get you on via the exit. Most of Fantasyland is setup this way. Cast Member (CM) will usually be stationed there with a handheld scanner to assist.

I think the way it works is if there is a wait time listed for an attraction in the app, then DAS is available. Things like meeting the princesses that don’t have a wait time in the app will not have a DAS option. I might be wrong, but that is what I remember from March. For things like the Fantsyland rides that don’t have a LL entrance, you go to the exit with your DAS and they let you in that way.

I couldn't find this anywhere so I will ask here...I am taking my niece and her daughter (9) in December...daughter has sensory issues and ADD. Can I sign her up for DAS or does mom have to do it? Also do we go on rides with her then? Sorry never had to figure this out before. It is her first time in Disneyland and I want it to be a great time! Thanks for all of your help!

I couldn't find this anywhere so I will ask here...I am taking my niece and her daughter (9) in December...daughter has sensory issues and ADD. Can I sign her up for DAS or does mom have to do it? Also do we go on rides with her then? Sorry never had to figure this out before. It is her first time in Disneyland and I want it to be a great time! Thanks for all of your help!
You might want to check out the WDW Summary of New DAS Changes thread pinned to the top of this forum. DAS works pretty much the same at the California parks.

As for who requests the accommodation -- can you, niece and her mom all be together for the pre-registration? I'd assume the girl's mom might be better at explaining; think about needs specifically related to waiting in a standard queue environment. Not all sensory needs have difficulty with lines, so you or the mom should be prepared to explain that specifically.

The DAS system and Genie Plus are two completely different systems and they can both be used at the same time in Disney World or in Disneyland. Use of Genie Plus and purchase of Lightning Lane passes does not impact your use of the DAS system and does not count against your one active return time allotment in the DAS system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter