Disneyland Halloween Half Marathon Weekend 2024

Well, FOMO got to me too much and I grabbed a charity bib for the challenge yesterday. I absolutely cannot afford this trip but I just couldn't pass up the Haunted Mansion 10K and Nightmare Before Christmas challenge. I'm off to sell a kidney.....

BTW, is this the official thread for this race? I didn't see another one.

Hi, I can't believe I never thought to look for a runDisney forum before now!

I've only run two Disney races -- the Star Wars and Avengers half marathons before races stopped at DL. But I'm interested in trying for the Halloween races (I know, just what everyone wants to hear like it won't be hard enough to register ;)) Would anyone be willing to advise the best way to proceed if I want to try for the 5k and 10k for myself, and 5k for my sister? She only wants to run if we both get in to the 5k. And I know it's all or nothing, but not sure if I should try for my runs first and then hope to add hers? Or try for the 5ks first and then see if I can add the 10k. Thanks very much! I appreciate any advice!

I was considering the challenge, but as much as the medal appeals, paying so much to run the streets in Anaheim just isn't tempting enough right now. But I do have a day to change my mind haha.

Hi, I can't believe I never thought to look for a runDisney forum before now!

I've only run two Disney races -- the Star Wars and Avengers half marathons before races stopped at DL. But I'm interested in trying for the Halloween races (I know, just what everyone wants to hear like it won't be hard enough to register ;)) Would anyone be willing to advise the best way to proceed if I want to try for the 5k and 10k for myself, and 5k for my sister? She only wants to run if we both get in to the 5k. And I know it's all or nothing, but not sure if I should try for my runs first and then hope to add hers? Or try for the 5ks first and then see if I can add the 10k. Thanks very much! I appreciate any advice!

I was considering the challenge, but as much as the medal appeals, paying so much to run the streets in Anaheim just isn't tempting enough right now. But I do have a day to change my mind haha.

This well help!

Registration Run-Down w/ Images! (A comprehensive run-down of the registration process) & Part 2

Historical Race Weekend Sell Out Timing

Disneyland in January (Tink 2012-2014, Star Wars in 2015-2017)

2024 (*First race weekend in Disneyland since 2017)
Start (link)
Queue Delayed until 10:15am ET (link)
Wait times posted at 10:21am ET *Marking this as official "start" time (link)
Challenge sold out in 27 min (link)
Yoga sold out in 34 min (link)
5k sold out in 42 min (link)
10k sold out in 43 min (link)
HM sold out in 54 min (link)
Kids Race sold out in 57 min (link)

The 2024 Disneyland was the first race back, so we don't know whether the 2024 Halloween themed race will sell out as quickly. The last September Disneyland race in 2017 took months to sell out, whereas the 2017 January Disneyland race took 2hrs-1 month to sell out. So September didn't seem as desired in the yesteryear.

Personally, I've done lots of registrations in a single weekend and have never split up my efforts. I've done all registrations in a single transaction. But if I were nervous about it, I'd probably do the two 5ks together and then split the 10k till afterwards. Honestly though, the registration itself doesn't take all that long (30-90 sec per bib) whereas getting into the registration screen can take 0-60 min. So giving yourself a maximal opportunity just to get to the registration screen is where you should focus your mental energy.

This well help!

Registration Run-Down w/ Images! (A comprehensive run-down of the registration process) & Part 2

Historical Race Weekend Sell Out Timing

Disneyland in January (Tink 2012-2014, Star Wars in 2015-2017)

2024 (*First race weekend in Disneyland since 2017)
Start (link)
Queue Delayed until 10:15am ET (link)
Wait times posted at 10:21am ET *Marking this as official "start" time (link)
Challenge sold out in 27 min (link)
Yoga sold out in 34 min (link)
5k sold out in 42 min (link)
10k sold out in 43 min (link)
HM sold out in 54 min (link)
Kids Race sold out in 57 min (link)

The 2024 Disneyland was the first race back, so we don't know whether the 2024 Halloween themed race will sell out as quickly. The last September Disneyland race in 2017 took months to sell out, whereas the 2017 January Disneyland race took 2hrs-1 month to sell out. So September didn't seem as desired in the yesteryear.

Personally, I've done lots of registrations in a single weekend and have never split up my efforts. I've done all registrations in a single transaction. But if I were nervous about it, I'd probably do the two 5ks together and then split the 10k till afterwards. Honestly though, the registration itself doesn't take all that long (30-90 sec per bib) whereas getting into the registration screen can take 0-60 min. So giving yourself a maximal opportunity just to get to the registration screen is where you should focus your mental energy.
Thanks for the reassurance in the timing, but I agree it could be a crap shoot in the morning with it being the first fall race in a while in Anaheim.

After seeing me do all three races at DL in January, my wife has decided she wants to tackle the 5k and 10k with me! I am so excited, but nervous at the same time about getting us both registered. Not going to do the half since I will be getting my C2C in April and don’t really want to tour the finer points of Anaheim again!

Against my better judgment, I am going to try and sign up for the 5k/10k tomorrow morning. I am of course out of town and don’t have my laptop so I have to try and do it via my iPad/iphone ☹️

I still think someone somewhere along the way meant to type 6/1, and hit the 3 on their 10-key pad my mistake, and everyone has just been going along with it.
This is so early! Guess I am using a proof of time I already have? I didn’t notice the window until I saw these messages.

I signed up through a charity and thought I was going to get to skip out on the registration craziness.... my husband had to go into work early so I get to help him register.

I hope everyone gets what they hope for but not until I can get him signed up. 😉

I'm joining in the registration fun to help a friend get registered. Sad to sit this one out, but hopefully will get back to DL next year.

I jumped on the link on one of my devices
Came here to note because I can't remember right now since its been long enough since my rD reg. But its saying that jumping on the link will officialize penalize us and that those who join on time will be sorted numerical.

Which I always suspected but its a different thing to say in writing.

And idk if they've set it before I haven't been awake long enough

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter