Disneyland Halloween Half Marathon Weekend 2024

I am not registering today, but I have always gone through the link as soon as it shows and you will be sorted randomly once the time arrives! Marathon weekend, I was lucky enough to get a queue that went through immediately! I have NEVER used a link after the queue "opens," always before.

The question is it better to join the link now or wait until 9:00am?
9 am see my last post since rD is apparently now confirming jumping in early is a bad idea.
I am not registering today, but I have always gone through the link as soon as it shows and you will be sorted randomly once the time arrives! Marathon weekend, I was lucky enough to get a queue that went through immediately! I have NEVER used a link after the queue "opens," always before.
Yeah I think we need to note that rD is now actively saying they penalize people for joining the queue early by sorting us randomly and then by order if you join on time supposedly. I didn't grab a screenshot and it probably won't make a difference but I exited out of it when I saw the message.

9 am see my last post since rD is apparently now confirming jumping in early is a bad idea.

Yeah I think we need to note that rD is now actively saying they penalize people for joining the queue early by sorting us randomly and then by order if you join on time supposedly. I didn't grab a screenshot and it probably won't make a difference but I exited out of it when I saw the message.
This is the message I see now:
When registration opens, this page will refresh and you will be placed in our virtual queue in random order, regardless of how early you joined this page. Those who enter after booking begins will be placed in numerical order.

I'm on the site helping a friend so low stakes for me, I can report back if I feel it goes any differently than prior races.

Did some experimenting. Copied all of my links. Exited out of one. And tried clicking on the register link again, it was the same code.

This is the message I see now:
When registration opens, this page will refresh and you will be placed in our virtual queue in random order, regardless of how early you joined this page. Those who enter after booking begins will be placed in numerical order.

I'm on the site helping a friend so low stakes for me, I can report back if I feel it goes any differently than prior races.
I thought that is what it has said for the last couple?

I'm not gonna lie, that's kind of ridiculous. Then just don't put the link up early???

Here is a screenshot. I don't read this as penalizing those that are there early--it says we will be sorted randomly (that's always been the case) and those who join AFTER (not on time) are placed numerically after all of the random folks are in. This doesn't look any different than other registrations I've seen.

1707836315572.png

Attachments

• 1707836219905.png
    1707836219905.png
    49.4 KB · Views: 27
Here is a screenshot. I don't read this as penalizing those that are there early--it says we will be sorted randomly (that's always been the case) and those who join AFTER (not on time) are placed numerically after all of the random folks are in. This doesn't look any different than other registrations I've seen.

View attachment 833706
Was going to say that same. You're not penalized for entering early. They're just trying to say that there's no benefit.

Did some experimenting. Copied all of my links. Exited out of one. And tried clicking on the register link again, it was the same code.
To get around this, you can usually have one regular browser + one incognito browser, and then every type of browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.)

I am on a Mac and Safari gives me a unique queue ID for every incognito browser (so I can theoretically open as many as I want), but Chrome does not (each incognito browser gives the same queue ID). Not sure if it's a Safari thing or a Mac thing.

Good luck to all registering! Bummed about the early PoT. Do we need to refresh since it's now 7 AM PT?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter