Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

I have less hope for my early October trip... BUT I decided that if we can manage mid-November (which is closer to my son's birthday anyway), then his dad and I are both OK with him missing a couple days of school (8th grade).

I mean, this school year has been such a .... mess... anyway, what's a couple more worthless days, right?

So I've got another BW stay booked and hopefully SOMETHING will pan out.

Of course, there's the minor issue of my own AP set to expire October 9 (which would be in the middle of our earlier plans)... do I really believe Disney IT will seamlessly update with whatever extended expiration they give me while I'm on a multi day trip???? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Nope!

Reminder for everyone participating in this thread:
It's been a while since we've needed one of these, and it's time for a refresh. Please keep your posts on topic, i.e. related to DLR's reopening. This is not the thread to discuss COVID, virus stats, public health policies/opinions thereon, politics and politicians/opinions thereon, etc. There is a difference between posting facts and news updates vs. opinions and rants about those facts and updates.
Many of you already know that certain websites are banned here. If this is news to you, now you know. Do NOT link to or post tweets from those sites. If you post from those sites, your post will be deleted. Preview your post first -- if the link you posted appears like ************.com, for example -- then that site is banned here. Don't post it.
For those who have been keeping this thread moving within the guidelines, a BIG thank you!
Now, back to the discussion... Tomorrow's only a day away!

Regarding the recent weirdness about monthly payment plan APs no longer being able to choose extensions or partial refunds on the phone line:
From the Speculation Superthread:

So it sounds like maybe the difference in what CMs are saying might have to do with whether APs are paid in full or on the payment plan? So far we have two posts from APs on the payment plan who were told that Disney is no longer offering the choice of extension or partial refund until the parks have a new reopening date. And we have one poster who is paid in full who was offered that choice up front over the phone. Anyone else have something to report?

From the Flex Pass Superthread today:
I just got off the phone with DLR. First, I called the AP line listed on the website. I was told that, as of last week, the “system” that allows them to select that option had been “frozen”. She made a point to say that it doesn’t mean we can no longer select that option, just that we can’t do that at this time. I told her this is not what the website and the recording says, and asked if she could point me to where I can find this new policy. She said she is aware the website and recording are not accurate, and the monthly payment guest services handles these requests. She asked if I wanted their direct phone number to speak with them about it. I said yes.

Now for the good news, if you call their direct number, I believe you can still elect to have your due date extended. When the CM picked up the phone, I said I was on a monthly payment plan and asked if I could elect to have my due extended. She said she could take care of that for me and asked me to verify my address. The funny thing is, I had already requested an extension for our passes on June 24th. I remember calling to ask about the extension option, but not actually requesting it. They had my husband’s pass down for the extension option, but for some reason not myself or our daughter’s. So she fixed it so all 3 of our passes will be extended. She said our passes should reappear as soon as a reopening date is announced.

So try calling the monthly payments guest services line directly: 1-800-410-4656. Let me know how it works out!!

I don't think we will be going until the Summer of next year (last week before Labour day, I heard it's not that busy anymore compared to earlier in the summer( but keep following the rumours here.

Is it true (pre-Covid, of course)?

Thanks...
I agree with the pp about checking the AP Blockout Calendar to see when the summer blocks end for the various pass levels. You want to avoid those weeks. Aiming for the week before or earlier is better, usually. Traditionally (pre-COVID), DLR goes to the low season/non-peak schedule by the last week of August. That means shorter hours, less staffing, more refurbs, less entertainment, nighttime entertainment on weekends only, fewer ride vehicles running, etc. -- all this can mean that ride and food lines are longer, even though crowds might be lower. HM usually shuts for the Halloween overlay by the third week of August and reopens on the first day of Halloween Time in September. If that ride is important to you, visit before the third week of August. Earlier in the summer should be fine -- DLR runs very smoothly when the parks are prepared for crowds and are fully staffed. Of course, all the above is pre-COVID and no one knows what will happen when the parks reopen with the new reservation system in place. So stay tuned and keep up with this board.
Also, keep a watchful eye on hotels closer to the parks this time! Who knows how rates will fluctuate after the parks reopen? A closer location can really pay off in making your trip easier.

For those that would like to find a source for the conference, Mouse Planet was invited and in their latest article stated if there is any significant news, to look at their social media channels.

also, I heard from many that it is at 1pm today. Though, one source said 1pm EST, another PST.🤷🏻‍♀️

For those that would like to find a source for the conference, Mouse Planet was invited and in their latest article stated if there is any significant news, to look at their social media channels.

also, I heard from many that it is at 1pm today. Though, one source said 1pm EST, another PST.🤷🏻‍♀️
Do we have any idea what time the call is?

ETA: Never mind. Asked and answered!

Attractions magazine is saying that, yes, but based on other sources too, I’m not sure if it’s 1pm EST or PST. Leaning towards 10am PST/ 1pm EST.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter