Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Is orange county set to move to orange tomorrow or do they still have numbers in the red range?
They have at least one more week before they can move. It has only been 2 weeks at red, they need at least 3 weeks.
Hasn't OC been in Red for two weeks? Since the September 8th reset? Wouldn't that put Orange on Sept. 29? (if eligible?)
Counties have to sit in a tier 3 weeks and need to be in the better tier for 2 weeks before moving. So, until BOTH numbers are Orange for 2 weeks, we can't move up.

Yes, but our numbers have to meet Orange metrics for 2 weeks before moving. That's the part we will struggle with. Our daily case rate is still above 4 per 100k, so still solidly in red. We have not yet hit the Orange metrics (we did last week, but the reported numbers have a 7 day lag). Once we do, we have to do so for 14 days, so next week is definitely not happening. Oct 6 MAY happen, but again the last few high case number days may have jeopardized that possibility.
Yes. Of course. Forgot that part.

Grain of salt time...
I just got off the phone with WDTC because I wanted to change our check-out date from October 31 to October 30. She said that discussions between Disney and the state were still ongoing. She did mention that right now that they are expecting it to be six weeks between an announcement and reopening the parks, which would be about 11/03 if we got an announcement tomorrow. She said that if an announcement isn't made by 09/30, that I should call back because that would be about the time that they would be sending out cancellations for my reservation timeframe.

I ended up not changing anything because if I have to push our dates back again, I might be able to find nonstop flights from Orange County back to Chicago. There aren't any on 10/31, which was the whole reason for changing my check-out date.

Last edited:
She did mention that right now that they are expecting it to be six weeks between an announcement and reopening the parks, which would be about 11/03 if we got an announcement today.

Very interesting. While we had been hearing originally from a few sources that it would take 10-14 days to get ready to go...
The Mayor recently said it would take Disney 6 weeks to reopen and I have been talking to a Union Leader for one of the Big 12 Unions who has been saying they believe it will take 6 weeks to reopen because they will need to finish negotiations once the guidelines are provide, complete the required safety trainings, set up new contracts for non Disney vendors because those have expired over the past 6 months, etc.

Grain of salt time...
I just got off the phone with WDTC because I wanted to change our check-out date from October 31 to October 30. She said that discussions between Disney and the state were still ongoing. She did mention that right now that they are expecting it to be six weeks between an announcement and reopening the parks, which would be about 11/03 if we got an announcement tomorrow. She said that if an announcement isn't made by 09/30, that I should call back because that would be about the time that they would be sending out cancellations for my reservation timeframe.

I ended up not changing anything because if I have to push our dates back again, I might be able to find nonstop flights from Orange County back to Chicago. There aren't any on 10/31, which was the whole reason for changing my check-out date.
Their phone reps are lousy (read epically bad) at that type of info.

And by the current cancellation schedule Halloween trips won’t know until 10/15.

Does he care about the noise and pushback one way or the other? Not so far.

If he doesn’t say go ahead they’ll have to sue. And so far in CA that path ain’t working out for those who try it.

Disney suing to reopen is a little different than a small restaurant. They can only play nice for so long.

Mod Edit: This post is regarding links that post "*********.com".

Those links are from sites that can't be linked here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not seen an official announcement either, but have seen two sources (which can't be linked here) report that it's an invite-only webcast and they will be reporting on it live. That makes me think 1) it's sent out to credentialed media and possibly other Disney-approved outlets and 2) if there is material information coming it needs to be held after 1:00 PM PT, unless they drop a press release before it begins. They can't make an announcement to a small invite group and let it trickle out to markets intra-day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter